News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

*The Truth About Gustavo Laya (Abasolo)*

Started by hdpromos, May 09, 2005, 09:40:47 AM

hdpromos

When I look back at how this whole thing started, I think I understand now. First the guy is fast. Then you have the name thing (Laya/Abasolo). Then there was the Venezuelen that was DQ'D at the ROC. And somehow Laya is mistaken as being the guy that was DQ'D. And then it is backed up by Tiffiney by mistake. And away we go! I can't say that I blame anyone for asking. So in the end it looks like Mr. Laya is a very talented amateur. and we can all respect that.

HD

251am

QuoteAndrew, until now I had no idea who you were  ;). It's much better this way. Now we all know who is talking here. Let me again repeat the rider Abasolo and Laya are the same. And he did compete in the 04' ROC as an amateur. I verified Laya Abosolo's classification with the Federation Motorcycle Association Of Venezuela (the official sanctioning body for Venezuela). There were 2 calls made. I was told that he raced 150cc class as a Junior (amateur) and had done what we call track days (not officially sanctioned events) on 600cc and 125cc equipment. I was told that he at no time ever competed as an expert in their race association. I spoke to Mr. Pancho DeChaves who is president (phone-011582122666598     ). I was on a 3-way conference call with an interpreter.
Nothing has been shown to me that proves this rider should race as an expert or that he was an expert racer in Venezuela. And his results at the 04' ROC as an amateur didn't prove anything either. So until I see something different, this matter is closed.

HD
There, now why do you have to know who Andrew is first to tell the truth and the whole story? My name is Todd Erickson. I am not an accuser, but another unfortunate believer of misinformation from Ft Worth; having thought he was the one DQ'ed from ROC last fall. That's all. Glad to hear it was sorted out. No need to be telling complete strangers to shut up. Got it? ;)    

hdpromos

I've been out of town since last Thursday and I didn't see the "curt" reply by 251am until now.
You should have identified yourself at the time you "chimed in" on this topic. Only after I asked all interested parties to "put-up or shut-up" did you indentify yourself like the rest of us! Now shut-up ::)!

HD  

VryBusy

Henry, Thanks for looking into this and clearing it up! Well Done!

251am

QuoteI've been out of town since last Thursday and I didn't see the "curt" reply by 251am until now.
You should have identified yourself at the time you "chimed in" on this topic. Only after I asked all interested parties to "put-up or shut-up" did you indentify yourself like the rest of us! Now shut-up ::)!

HD  

Sorry Henry, I'll excuse your rudeness for whatever disability your defensiveness comes from. Good luck in all your endeavors... ::)

hdpromos

Thank you so much for your support Mr. 251am. You are truly an "amateur"! :-*

HD

Chuck

QuoteThank you so much for your support Mr. 251am. You are truly an "amateur"! :-*

HD

Aw man C'mon, lets not start busting on Amatures please....

Dawn

Ok boys.....

Are we done?  

Dang, too much testosterone around here!

;)

Ignacio275

I am stunned, I can't believe that one kid can come from another country fighting for the very last penny his family can put together to pursue his dream in the united states to become a motorcycle champion moves to this country to receive all this bullsh*t from people questioning his whereabouts and history, if you people think road racing is expensive to us in the USA you can only imagine how hard it is for somebody from Venezuela where the exchange is controlled to begin with.  
I like lots of you have been beaten at the track by Gustavo (712) At Last Jennings in the Supersport Unlimited He won and I got 2 nd place, from this I learned theres more work ahead, people man up!!,
These kids pouring in from whereever country they may come they are giving up a lot to be here NOW so don't under estimate any of us, we are only getting faster.
Put your head down, shut up and be faster

Ignacio Arias Am# 275

grich575

QuoteI am stunned, I can't believe that one kid can come from another country fighting for the very last penny his family can put together to pursue his dream in the united states to become a motorcycle champion moves to this country to receive all this bullsh*t from people questioning his whereabouts and history, if you people think road racing is expensive to us in the USA you can only imagine how hard it is for somebody from Venezuela where the exchange is controlled to begin with.  
I like lots of you have been beaten at the track by Gustavo (712) At Last Jennings in the Supersport Unlimited He won and I got 2 nd place, from this I learned theres more work ahead, people man up!!,
These kids pouring in from whereever country they may come they are giving up a lot to be here NOW so don't under estimate any of us, we are only getting faster.
Put your head down, shut up and be faster

Ignacio Arias Am# 275

Didn't you see the thank you's to Henry for straightening this out and the apologies given for stuff said that should have been kept quiet until we knew the facts???   :-/ :-/
G. Richards
FL EX #613
'06 GSX-R600
www.vcsracing.com