News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Trailering question

Started by Jeff, May 04, 2005, 04:53:33 AM

Baltobuell

The other thought is you're going to still need to see it at night. Add a lightbox to each side, or those 4" single post turnsignal/marker lights.

Jeff

QuoteThe other thought is you're going to still need to see it at night. Add a lightbox to each side, or those 4" single post turnsignal/marker lights.

That's exactly what I was thinking...  If I don't work out an 8.5' trailer, I'll run a square tube across the top-back of the trailer and add the 4" box lights on the ends of it.  

Might not be pretty, but it will be functional and safe.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Scott

Jeff,

What if you just made an extension on the back of the trailer.  Like if you mounted a piece of pipe horizontally at the top rear corner of your trailer that was ten inches long and painted it flourescent orange.  If you put one on each side they would stick out one inch further than your motorhome and at least give you a reference as to where the back of the trailer is.  

Jeff

Scott, that's basically what I'm considering.  Except I'm looking at hanging a light from it so it would be useful at night.  Again, that's if I don't work something out with a wider trailer.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Eric Kelcher

Jeff this may be a hinderance

http://www.rvsafety.com/state.htm

I know a lot of people pay no attention to some of this with an RV but seems like you need an overwidth permit past 8'
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Jeff

Interesting Eric...  Thanks for the heads up.  
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest