CCS WHAT THE ??????

Started by gsxr_rcr, May 02, 2005, 12:12:17 PM

roadracer68

QuoteJust a thought: what makes you think that everyone in the world has heard of the champions from other countries?  This is why we have the protest form.  Fill it out and let us know what's going on.  I do know that we had this happen at ROC last year and when we became aware of Mr. Laya being an expert in another country we disqualified him from all of his prior races and he was moved to expert for the remainder of the weekend.  Mr. Laya and his team told the registrars that he was an amateur.  When confronted, his team admitted they told him to lie so that he could race amateur.

Know your facts before you make such an uninformed statement.  Don't assume.  We all know what assuming leads to.

Tiff , please double check you info there , as I have him winning the points in florida region listed and licensed as an amateur, I have the national ccs list he is on there also.

I never knew anything about this at the ROC and after speaking with henry no one ever told us anything. He has a current 2005 license with amateur status we check it .

Clay

Yup, he was there.  I didn't notice him racing, but as I was leaving I noticed his 4 first place trophies.  I just thought he was a good am rider.  After looking at the website...THAT'S HIM!  That's pretty pathetic if you ask me.   ::)

TiffineyIngram

I was there, in the room, when this happened.

LeanAngleRacer161

Yup, he passed me this weekend also!  ;D

roadracer68

QuoteI was there, in the room, when this happened.

Tiff , please check ccs books then and get this squared away before moroso next race and I will be sure he runs as an expert, but you need to get his license updated correctly.

roadracer68

As for amatuer's sand bagging to get trophy's this is one expensive way to get them, damn I will sell him some of mine at half the cost . The first win is always a great one , but after you get your groove and start winning 3-4 races a weekend they are just to big to keep them all at the house.  

I tend to donate them to my kids school !

This is also a good reason amatuers should not get paid $$$ ,

It is a learning class only once you been there a year you should move up so your learning curve will be more steep also , the only way to learn to go fast is to follow the fast guys and do what they do.

been there done that !

I was a amateur for 3/4 of my first season and thought hey I did not really get a full chance at it and actually protested getting moved to expert just because I had alot of points, I raced every race i could enter my idea was more track time the better. But my second year I went to my first race it was savanna Ga, and I had new bike and won 3-4 races next week at moroso HD came to me and told me no sand bagging either race expert or go back to S.E.  region  to race. Boy did I hate him at that moment  I was an expert from that day on . it took me 2 season's of racig expert till I won as an expert , and it was on from there. Looking back I am glad HD moved me along as it really helped me grow faster. I may not ever been the natural but I have ran with th best and feel good about it.

for know I am just holding out till I turn 40 and come back to race 40+ as an amateur to collect trophy's( lol just kidding ) I will never run as an amateur again .          

LeanAngleRacer161

Personally, I don't have a problem, if ccs says he's amateur then so be it but it seems to me that if winning am. races are that easy to him, where is the challenge? Last weekend at Jennings was only my 3rd race weekend, right now he and alot of the others are a challenge to me. Now when I get to the point where all I can get is 2nd, that's another story!  ;D

OmniGLH

Want to win?  Don't like him taking your contingency?  Then figure out how to go faster, and beat him.  You'll never get faster by racing people that are slower than you anyways.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Clay

I agree to an extent Omni...but we're talking about a pro from another country.  I'd give that answer if someone was complaining about Ryan Gordon or Brandon Parish last year.  But it's not the same in this situation.  It's just a pathetic cherry picker who apparently can't handle defeat.  ::)

251am

QuoteWant to win?  Don't like him taking your contingency?  Then figure out how to go faster, and beat him.  You'll never get faster by racing people that are slower than you anyways.

I would certainly get faster racing a Professional from S. America's equivalent to the AMA. If I could catch him to see the lines. Make the weasel payback the money.

grich575

Every race I try to stay with him and learn his lines to get faster myself. As a true amatuer, without the years of expierence racing that he has, it is virtually impossible to keep up. I don't have a problem with someone being faster than me, as I know that that is the only way to increase one's own ability, but he is 3 - 4 seconds a lap faster than all amatuers he is racing against. In every situation that is encountered while turning laps, his riding shows that he is in no way an amatuer. He was turning faster lap times this past weekend than all but maybe three or four of the experts that were at Jennings and most of them had come back from AMA racing and were chasing the Suzuki money.

As for racing under a different name, he may be doing just that. The picture on his website of the rider on bike 712 from the ROC is the same rider I see on the podium each race weekend. Come to think of it, all of the pics are of the same person..... WIERD......   Different name - same person.

???  ???  >:(
G. Richards
FL EX #613
'06 GSX-R600
www.vcsracing.com

OmniGLH

QuoteI agree to an extent Omni...but we're talking about a pro from another country.  I'd give that answer if someone was complaining about Ryan Gordon or Brandon Parish last year.  But it's not the same in this situation.  It's just a pathetic cherry picker who apparently can't handle defeat.  ::)

I went back through and re-read the whole thread this time.  I figured this was just another "fast amateur" bashing thread... what set me going was the reply I caught that said it was bogus or whatever because he won a race by starting from the last row.  I did that in Daytona in the spring of '04 - my first ever win, and I did it from the back row.  I was a true am, only having a few weekends under my belt.

If this guy really is a pro from another country (it sure looks like he is...) then it's kind of BS that he's cherrypicking.  Racing by yourself isn't all that much fun IMO.  I'm guessing that his wins are benefitting him outside of the USA, where they probably have NO idea whether he's running as an "amateur", "expert", "pro", whatever.  Yellow plates outside of the US might not be a telltale sign (don't they run blue plates at the Isle of Man?)

So I guess in this case, whining about a really fast am is somewhat justified.  I just hate it when people complain that they can't beat someone faster than them... and rather than work at it, they just whine that the fast guy should get bumped.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak