News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Canopy??

Started by Nate R, November 22, 2002, 07:03:13 AM

Nate R

Does anyone have a canopy solution for less than 175? Like, for $20???  ;D

I won't mind if it takes 15 minutes to set up.

I'm considering making my own out of conduit, a blue tarp, and some zip ties. I just don't wanna spend the $$ on a canopy, but would like some weather protection when it rains, and when it's REALLY sunny.

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

dave333

Walmart.  $35.  Don't do it.  Save your change and by spring you will have enough for an ez-up.  You have to be a mechanical engineer to set the wally mart sucker up.  

Don't say I didn't tell ya not to buy it...

Get an EZ-UP...

sportbikepete

I bought a conduit kit with heavy duty tarp on Ebay for $30 and then bought $30 worth of conduit. 10X12 and I even made it custom so at night I can have it come down low over the bike at night or higher for the day.

the_weggie_man

EZ-up is the only way to go. Pay the money get the right stuff. Everything else is a pain in the arse.  I've tried a lot of stuff over the years and realized how dumb it was to try building something that's already on the market and better than I could ever build. Don't waste your time on junk.

r6_philly

EZ-UP is NOT the only way to go. The type of the canopy yes, but not the brand. QuikShade makes canopies that are slightly different in design but $20 cheaper. I bought my 10x10 for $90.

If you want to use a couple of canopies side by side, get EZ-up's. their legs are straight down, so they can be lined up. The quikshade legs stretch out. But it seem like it would be less likely to flip over in the wind.

And setting up and taking down your canopy in 5 minutes by yourself without a lot of noise - priceless.

tshort

10x10 EZ up at SportMart for around $90.  I've got one - love it.  Get it.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Bernie

I agree with R6 Philly.  I've had a Vari-Flex Quick-Shade for years and it kicks bootie.  The one I got is like an EZ-Up with straight legs and is super easy to put up by yourself.

GAMEDIC

I also have EZ up i got it al wally world for $89 and it's a 10x10

Jeff

I went the quick-shade route and got mine on scratch-n-dent sale at K-Mart for $50.  It worked fine for 1/2 the season until my wife got sick of sitting in the rain/sun because the bike *had* to be under the canopy :-)

Then I went out to Sams and dropped $200 on the super duper 10x20 portable garage, complete with sides.

Now she has enough room to be under it too, but now the problem is the 30 min set-up & tear-down! LOL... I can't win...  

If you're in the mid-west and run BHF/Gateway, etc. Let me know and I'll sell you my old quick-shade for $25...  Would cost more than that to ship, so I'd be very hesitant in suggesting that...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

JRMAC

I have an EZUP canopy.  Got it used, the idiots broke it trying to close it and snapped a couple of the cross section bars. I put it up in my yard and can still take it down myself in just a couple of minutes.  Even with the broke piece it works great. the top did not even sag and hold water in the rain. I don't know if the other brands are as good, But even if you have to buy it new it's worth the money.