Ducati 1000 in LWF40?

Started by Super_KC124, April 25, 2005, 08:56:00 AM

Super_KC124

What kind of 1000cc Ducati is legal for LWF40? There was one racing in it at Road America this weekend. ???

Zac

I would believe that would be the SS1000DS.  Unlimited 2 valve air cooled twins are legal for all the lightweight classes other than SuperSport

-z.

Super_KC124

Thanks! I don't know if thats what it was. Never got close enough. ;D

roadracer162

Those Ducatis are fast with somewhere around 100 hp at the wheel.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Mark Bernard

Kevin... Karl wanted me to personally thank you for asking that question. It has been bothering him a little since Saturday. Now he feels "somewhat" better about it knowing that the Duc was legal for the class. Any how... From Karl to you, thank you! Mark
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

PJ

QuoteThose Ducatis are fast with somewhere around 100 hp at the wheel.

The DS1000 Ducks don't make that kind of power, at least not stock. My buddy just bought one to race in Thunderbike and all the Lightweight classes. He figures it's making about 85 rwhp (with Corse pipes).
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

roadracer162

Speak to Bob Cole of the Florida region.  I am sure his isn't stock but it sure does run away from my old FZR600.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

PJ

I rode my buddy's DS1000 in one round of practice during the Friday test and tune at Blackhawk.

Damn. That's a fast motorcycle. I only did a few laps and didn't really get comfortable on it, but I think it has a lot of potential.

Unfortunately for him, he crashed out in the GT Lights race on Saturday, but he'll be back...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

roadracer162

All I do know is that Ducati runs away from me and my little FZR600 on the straight.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

roadracer162

Oh..and unfortunatley for me, I can't run GT lights on it.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

banzaib132

QuoteSpeak to Bob Cole of the Florida region.  I am sure his isn't stock but it sure does run away from my old FZR600.
That's because your FZR isn't fast like mine! ;D

roadracer162

QuoteThat's because your FZR isn't fast like mine! ;D
Then I need your FZR. Love those things. The sound is so different than anything out there.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22