Off to a good start!

Started by Admin, September 28, 2001, 02:32:53 PM

Admin

Well, I'm pretty happy with the start of the CCS boards.  I figured that there would be interest!  

Does anyone know of any other ways I can get the word out to CCS racers?  

Shawn

fzr400tony

i got my notice through the fzr400 list.  has anyone posted on the near list (lrrs/ccs-ne region)?

this board was a great idea.  

Admin

I posted to the FZR list, and to the WERA board, but am not a member of the lrrs or ccs-ne lists.  Feel free to post information there.

Shawn

Racer_X

QuoteWell, I'm pretty happy with the start of the CCS boards.  I figured that there would be interest!  

Does anyone know of any other ways I can get the word out to CCS racers?  

Shawn

Shawn, you could ask CCS if they will put a snippet and a link on their website. Also to mention it in their next newsletter. I can't see why they wouldn't want to help the cause. Anything that may generate more interest in their series can't hurt.

Admin

QuoteShawn, you could ask CCS if they will put a snippet and a link on their website. Also to mention it in their next newsletter. I can't see why they wouldn't want to help the cause. Anything that may generate more interest in their series can't hurt.

Yup, I already sent an email to Kevin Elliott, waiting for a response.  I think that he is open to the idea, because I spoke to him prior to opening up the boards, and he seemed happy to see someone do it.

Shawn

Eric Kelcher

It's up on the CMRA, south central, message board i'll see if it can be added to the links pages there as well.

Eric
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Admin

QuoteIt's up on the CMRA, south central, message board i'll see if it can be added to the links pages there as well.

Eric

Thanks Eric!  Still waiting to hear from Kevin.

Shawn

Johnny B

QuoteDoes anyone know of any other ways I can get the word out to CCS racers?  

I took your post to the race@micapeak list and forwarded it to the NEAR (New England Area Racing) List
Johnny B. (the other one) ®
Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
http://resthome.50megs.com

bluzbrother

I'm assuming that this board is not officially backed by CCS or FUSA but I think you should contact them and have them make mention of the board in their next mailing that goes to all licensed riders.

CCS #969 Midwest
http://home.wi.rr.com/motorcycleracing

bluzbrother

gee maybe I should read what others have posted before I share my great wealth of knowledge

ecumike

I'll email Michael, Kevin, and Karin, I know them, b/c I've been writing the racereports and taking the photos for the ccsraging.com site.  I'll hype it up and help the cause.

TightSqueeze

In time.

First off, you need controversy.  Everything's running pretty smooth, so there's no big push to change.

Now, if people start bitching about the fact that the ROC is based on only one race, where it would be better served to be more based on the points that people have earned all year, not a strong motor at the end, then you'll get folks fighting to join.

On top of that, you need a BBS scapegoat.  Someone you can blame everything on when everything goes to hell.

And lastly, you'll need celebreties.  Pro riders don't have time, and most of them probably can't type to save their life, so aim low.  A nice B- or C+ will do.

Don't worry.  After all, you've built it, now just wait for them to come.

TightSqueeze

Hey!

If you type b.i.t.c.h. you get 'Pregnant Dog' instead. ;D

Let's see what these do...

Fuck, shit, hell, fart damn. ;D

TightSqueeze

F.u.c.k = Fuck
S.h.i.t = Shit
H.e.l.l = Hell
D.a.m.n = Damn

This is fucking fun, to see what the Hell the BBS will do to prevent shitheads like me from cussing through the whole damn post.  :D

CCS

Steve,

Only you would try those words out, what are you thinking, that JU will follow you over here?
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

TightSqueeze

It was all in the name of research.  ;)

Look ladies and gents, our first celebrity!  Kevin Elliott, race director for CCS.  Clap, clap, clap!
See, nothing pulls out the big guns like some foul language or flaming conversation.

Seriously, although this is a CCS board, hopefully that includes the FUSA realm as well.  I'd expect JU to pop up when something notable occurs with that series.  Maybe a couple of the riders from the many different events will surface, too.

I doubt if anyone from the AMA will bother to lurk, though.

TightSqueeze

See there Mr. Moderator, we've already gotten one thread to span multiple pages.

You're well on your way. :)

Eric Kelcher

Well we have our celebrity.

Hmm any guess on who the scape goat is going to be?  

As far as the ROC being only one race. Yep deal with it amatuer racing. At least your points put you further up and help your chances of having a good finish.  Race a good season and you get rwarded with front row starts.  Wording gets in the way but it is a one race formatt that invites all races from all over the country to come race to show who is the best. Rather than calling it a National Championship would it be better to call it a CCS season finale' champion? Anyone can get a license and race you are not restricted to having to dedicate your racing to one organization to get enough points to qualify you can chase contingency and run only select events. Your starting position may not be as great but you know everyone can be there from you and I to Scott Russell. It is an invite to prove the best racer in the country. If a timed quailfying could be done, I am sure it is not far down the road, then the race would pit the the best racers side by side. I hate to see it come to that as I worked hard all year to lead my region and feel that work should be rewarded. I also like the idea the race is held on a fairly neutral track as there is only three MC racers held there a year, and two are 8 months prior so not much of a regional advantage. that said the track is highly hp dependent adn runoff is slim in areas but with the new airfence that will be deployed this year I feel more comfortable and the fact I am sending two CMRA racers there to take on the country's best.

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

RickyRacer

I would like really love to see this board take off. I will post your URL everywhere I can.
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Admin

QuoteF.u.c.k = Fuck
S.h.i.t = Shit
H.e.l.l = Hell
D.a.m.n = Damn

This is fucking fun, to see what the Hell the BBS will do to prevent shitheads like me from cussing through the whole damn post.  :D

Oh no...   :o

Shawn

LonnieM

I belong to some other boards I will get the word out to people!! Thanks for Kevin and you guys bringing this back!!

cbecker33

I heard about it on the the r1 forum.

http://www.yzf-r1forum.com

chris

shit (want to see if it works) :)

mm

it will be posted on the formulausa.com and ccs website soon.  we are designing a banner for it in conjunction with shawn.

mike murphy
formula usa - marketing / pr

JFlack

John Spartan you have been fined 1 credit for voilating the BBS morality code...

JFlack

I have posted it on the USGPRU website at www.usgpru.org and hopefully all the 125GP guys will pop in.

FYI... The USGPRU is the group running the 125GP Nationals with CCS/F-USA this year!  Check it out at www.usgpru.org

Jonathan