CCS / ASRA Racing Forum

All the other stuff => Shooting the bull => Topic started by: Mark Bernard on March 26, 2007, 09:15:48 AM

Title: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 26, 2007, 09:15:48 AM
I just wanted to give a shout out to all my Friends and let everyone know that I still live! It's been a extremely rough year so far for me personally, and it's been a long while since I have been on the board. I will be racing this season, but I am only going to be doing the BFR's and R/A. I am thinking about doing Barber but it depends on my funds.

For those of you who don't know or haven't heard... Becky and I broke up over the Christmas holiday's. She bought a house and moved out last month. Needless to say It devastated me. I am doing better but it's going to take a while to overcome. After almost 7 years together, this was one of the hardest things for me to deal with on a personal level. The breakup was not my decision and I am so very hurt by it all. But it seems to be getting a little better day by day. I miss and love her desperately but I have to try and move on.

I have also been battling with a couple of medical problems also. On Feb 19th I was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider and had to have the bite removed with out patient surgery. The following week I developed a Staph infection that was MRSA+. That one put me in the hospital for 6 days on intravenous antibiotics and had surgery on 5 infected areas. (not pleasant at all I might add) I am still off of work and have an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon. I have a home care nurse coming over to the house everyday to repack and dress the wounds. That in its self is a whole new adventure in pain. But I am recovering nicely and should be back to work within the next week or so.... (I hope)

Any how... I miss you all and think of you often. You ARE my family wether you like it or not! LOL! Take care everyone and I will see you at Blackhawk.

Mark B.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: spyderchick on March 26, 2007, 09:20:11 AM
Well, welcome back to the nut house. :biggrin: I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties. Keep your head up and just remember all of those sh1t eating grins from racing. The spider bite was not my doing...honest! I've been getting bit pretty often at the shop, but they are the more harmless type. I could not imagine getting bit by a brown recluse, as the little guys are causing some nice scarring already.

Don't be a stranger!
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 26, 2007, 09:22:46 AM
Thanks Alexa!
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Jeff on March 26, 2007, 09:23:37 AM
And on top of all that, you ride a Buell!  You're a glutton for pain!  :kicknuts:  :lmao:

(sorry dude, I couldn't help it.  Sorry for your loss, pain & hardships.  Cheer up, it's gonna be 80 today!  :cheers:  :boink: )
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 26, 2007, 09:29:28 AM
Quote from: Jeff on March 26, 2007, 09:23:37 AM
And on top of all that, you ride a Buell!  You're a glutton for pain!  :kicknuts:  :lmao:

(sorry dude, I couldn't help it.  Sorry for your loss, pain & hardships.  Cheer up, it's gonna be 80 today!  :cheers:  :boink: )

Jeff... You REALLY know how to cheer a guy up! LOL!  :spank:  :thumb:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: dylanfan53 on March 26, 2007, 10:32:31 AM
Jeez Mark, I wondered why you hadn't been on here for a while.  Sorry to hear about your winter.  I think you need a new bumper sticker.  Something like "I conquered a Super Bug & Brown Recluse over the winter.  What did you do?"

You haven't missed much.  But in case you missed it, Guy won the Mr. Potato Head award.   :biggrin:
See you at BHF.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 26, 2007, 12:55:47 PM
Quote from: dylanfan53 on March 26, 2007, 10:32:31 AM
Jeez Mark, I wondered why you hadn't been on here for a while.  Sorry to hear about your winter.  I think you need a new bumper sticker.  Something like "I conquered a Super Bug & Brown Recluse over the winter.  What did you do?"

You haven't missed much.  But in case you missed it, Guy won the Mr. Potato Head award.   :biggrin:
See you at BHF.


I need much more than a bumpersticker my freind....  ::)

I did make it to the banquet in time to see that Guy was the recipiant of the beloved and much covited Mr. Potato Head Award. It was well deserved if I might add!  :thumb:

See you at BFR! Mark B.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: EX_#76 on March 26, 2007, 01:40:02 PM
Quote from: dylanfan53 on March 26, 2007, 10:32:31 AM
Jeez Mark, I wondered why you hadn't been on here for a while.  Sorry to hear about your winter.  I think you need a new bumper sticker.  Something like "I conquered a Super Bug & Brown Recluse over the winter.  What did you do?"

You haven't missed much.  But in case you missed it, Guy won the Mr. Potato Head award.   :biggrin:
See you at BHF.


What the hell Don!!!  You need another hobbie if the potatohead on the top of your list of what is going on  LOL!!
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: EX_#76 on March 26, 2007, 01:48:26 PM
Quote from: Buell_391 on March 26, 2007, 09:15:48 AM
I just wanted to give a shout out to all my Friends and let everyone know that I still live! It's been a extremely rough year so far for me personally, and it's been a long while since I have been on the board. I will be racing this season, but I am only going to be doing the BFR's and R/A. I am thinking about doing Barber but it depends on my funds.

For those of you who don't know or haven't heard... Becky and I broke up over the Christmas holiday's. She bought a house and moved out last month. Needless to say It devastated me. I am doing better but it's going to take a while to overcome. After almost 7 years together, this was one of the hardest things for me to deal with on a personal level. The breakup was not my decision and I am so very hurt by it all. But it seems to be getting a little better day by day. I miss and love her desperately but I have to try and move on.

I have also been battling with a couple of medical problems also. On Feb 19th I was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider and had to have the bite removed with out patient surgery. The following week I developed a Staph infection that was MRSA+. That one put me in the hospital for 6 days on intravenous antibiotics and had surgery on 5 infected areas. (not pleasant at all I might add) I am still off of work and have an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon. I have a home care nurse coming over to the house everyday to repack and dress the wounds. That in its self is a whole new adventure in pain. But I am recovering nicely and should be back to work within the next week or so.... (I hope)

Any how... I miss you all and think of you often. You ARE my family wether you like it or not! LOL! Take care everyone and I will see you at Blackhawk.

Mark B.

What did you do to piss the spider off?  glad you are OK now, infections are real nasty things to deal with.  The next time you need to be bitten, I suggest you in list the services of the Spyder.  Sometimes she bites hard but it is worth it!!  To date no one has perished due to the SWEEEEET Alexa spyder bite.

Guy
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: grasshopper on March 26, 2007, 05:25:16 PM
Mark, Sorry to hear about all the bad luck. You know you'll always have good friends and fun within the motorcycle community. Stay strong, heal up and come out and do some riding. Try and get out and do a couple track days for the hell of this year.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 26, 2007, 05:36:25 PM
Quote from: grasshopper on March 26, 2007, 05:25:16 PM
Mark, Sorry to hear about all the bad luck. You know you'll always have good friends and fun within the motorcycle community. Stay strong, heal up and come out and do some riding. Try and get out and do a couple track days for the hell of this year.

Thanks Nick. You know me... I am not one to be held down for long. Thank you for the kind words.. all of you! As the song said... I will survive!
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Woofentino Pugrossi on March 26, 2007, 06:06:19 PM
Quote from: spyderchick on March 26, 2007, 09:20:11 AMThe spider bite was not my doing...honest!

No it was of my doing. :biggrin:

You must had ordered somthing from south of springfield. Recluses arent exactly native to this area.

Could had been a worse spider. I had to go chase a black widow at Home Depot when I was with orkin.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: spyderchick on March 26, 2007, 07:31:23 PM
Quote from: Buell_391 on March 26, 2007, 05:36:25 PMAs the song said... I will survive!

Great, now I have this mental picture of you in assless chaps singing like Gloria Gaynor!  :ahhh: :ass: :biggrin:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: catman on March 26, 2007, 08:18:29 PM
AS a fairly new guy -I always enjoyed your remarks, and savvy in your posts DAYM alot to deal with - the sport is great and overcoming things to get and stay around seems so worthwile- more folks will undoubtedly chime in............. :kissy: :spank: :thumb:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Woofentino Pugrossi on March 26, 2007, 09:45:42 PM
Quote from: spyderchick on March 26, 2007, 07:31:23 PM
Great, now I have this mental picture of you in assless chaps singing like Gloria Gaynor!  :ahhh: :ass: :biggrin:

Ahh more ideas on how to photoshop Marks picture. :biggrin:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: EX#996 on March 26, 2007, 09:54:25 PM
Quote from: spyderchick on March 26, 2007, 07:31:23 PM
Great, now I have this mental picture of you in assless chaps singing like Gloria Gaynor!  :ahhh: :ass: :biggrin:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Mark.  I'm glad you came back to the board.   :thumb:

Paul, Dawn and Renee
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 27, 2007, 12:23:27 AM
Ah, don't worry about it.  You Harley guys get all the girls anyhow.  Just mousse up your moustache, ride to the nearest tavern, and watch the catfight start over which bustiee-clad twitch gets to ride home with you....
I got bit on the ankle by something a few years ago.  I never saw the sucker, but from the bite marks, it was a biggie!  The doctor said it was a Recluse, but from what I've read since, it had to be the wussy Recluse of all time if it actually was one.
I was working when it happened, so I could get it treated as an OJI.  The burning was off the hook, so I had it treated within two hours.  The doctor washed and flushed that bite for more than an hour.  I had about 6 follow-up visits, and it was two months or more healing.  I still have a scar.
Sorry for your troubles, Mark.  At least you've come to the right place.  Your girl may leave, your job may go away, your dog may bite you, your friends may forget you, but your racing family will always love you.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 27, 2007, 08:01:53 AM
Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on March 26, 2007, 09:45:42 PM
Ahh more ideas on how to photoshop Marks picture. :biggrin:

I had a feeling...... lol!
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 27, 2007, 08:04:37 AM
Quote from: EX#996 on March 26, 2007, 09:54:25 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Mark.  I'm glad you came back to the board.   :thumb:

Paul, Dawn and Renee

Thanks... It's good to be back
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 27, 2007, 08:30:12 AM
Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 27, 2007, 12:23:27 AM
Ah, don't worry about it.  You Harley guys get all the girls anyhow.  Just mousse up your moustache, ride to the nearest tavern, and watch the catfight start over which bustiee-clad twitch gets to ride home with you....
I got bit on the ankle by something a few years ago.  I never saw the sucker, but from the bite marks, it was a biggie!  The doctor said it was a Recluse, but from what I've read since, it had to be the wussy Recluse of all time if it actually was one.
I was working when it happened, so I could get it treated as an OJI.  The burning was off the hook, so I had it treated within two hours.  The doctor washed and flushed that bite for more than an hour.  I had about 6 follow-up visits, and it was two months or more healing.  I still have a scar.
Sorry for your troubles, Mark.  At least you've come to the right place.  Your girl may leave, your job may go away, your dog may bite you, your friends may forget you, but your racing family will always love you.

Yea Chris. I got bit at work on the loading dock transfering some parts from one cart to another. I actually saw it and by God it saw me too! Or at least the bottom of my boot. I really didnt think much of it at the time. I figured it was a normal spider. I only saw a quick glance at it as it hit the ground before it became part of the cement. Within 2 days it had a swollen area abouut the size of a silver dollar slightly bigger with a 2cm recessed black area in the middle where the tissue had died. I went to the plant medical department and they sent me to a surgeon that afternoon and he removed it and did a biopsy on the area removed. Within a few days I wound up with a staph infection (which I am quite sure it came from his office) that put me in the hospital for 6 days and had surgery on 5 more areas that had gone bad. Pain? OMG! I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy.

As far as the other issues... some of which I mentioned, others that I have not, I will overcome in time. It's getting to me but I thank the good Lord for my daughters and there love for there old man! They have been incredible with all this. They have been my focus and theropy through out all that has happened.
But quite honestly... It's really been hard to deal with it all. But I have, and will continue to improve with time.

I love you guys... You make me smile. You make me cry. I am so thankful for you all and your support.
See you all soon. Mark




Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 27, 2007, 12:55:57 PM
You need some THROTTLE THERAPY!  That'll fix everything!   :biggrin:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 27, 2007, 01:23:11 PM
Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 27, 2007, 12:55:57 PM
You need some THROTTLE THERAPY!  That'll fix everything!   :biggrin:

You got that right brother... That I do! I broke the Harley out yesterday for a little bit. The surgeon kind of yelled at me for riding but damn, what a beautiful day it was! I really felt good to ride. Even if it was for an hour.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: spyderchick on March 27, 2007, 03:49:36 PM
Hey, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: 251am on March 27, 2007, 05:21:32 PM
  Dude, you are double due for an extraordinary amount of REALLY good luck. Better get to a racetrack ASAP! See you out there!

Todd
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: barb_arah on March 27, 2007, 07:01:31 PM
Hey Mark...it sure will be nice to see you racing this season!!!  It'll get better.  Nice picture, Guy!
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: PaulV on March 27, 2007, 11:04:33 PM
Hey Mark,

good to see you back!
Hang in there, sounds like a cool change is due your way!
As Alexa said, or Nichi?:).. that which doesnt' kill us, makes us stronger!

C U A BHF!!!

Paul
Polar-Optics
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 28, 2007, 08:43:01 AM
Quote from: spyderchick on March 27, 2007, 03:49:36 PM
Hey, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

True... But damn! This was quite a bit to choke down all at once. At least I am now down to race weight. I lost 15 lbs through out all this and got rid of the love handles!  lol  :thumb: I need one more wound to heal over before I can start working out again. I'm still feeling a little weak though.

The surgeon is really happy about how the wounds are healing and so am I. Physically I am doing much better. Mentally..... well, that is going to take some time. The "happy drugs" help a little.  :ahhh:  :err:

Todd, Barb, PaulV... Thank you for the words and shout out! It's nice to hear from you all.

Hey Alexa... what privilages do I get with your sponsorship now that I have truley been injected with the juice of the spider? Am I special now?? lol   :jerkoff:

At least the bilke is 95% ready. I just have to change the oil, rims and tires and a new chain. Then I am ready for that well deserved "throttle theropy" as Chris calls it.  :cheers:

Thanks again everyone for the words of encouragement and your support. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe not the reason we want, but a reason never the less. Am I due for a change in luck? Oh hell yea I am. Something has to give at some point. I'm just taking it all day by day as of now. Trying to heal and stay positive about it all.

Thank's again everyone. Mark B.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Super Dave on March 28, 2007, 08:52:32 AM
Mark, good to hear from you.

Where did you get bit?
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 28, 2007, 08:57:03 AM
Quote from: Super Dave on March 28, 2007, 08:52:32 AM
Mark, good to hear from you.

Where did you get bit?

On my right side just below the short rib. I was handeling some cardboard boxes of parts that came from down south, and it got under my t-shirt.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Super Dave on March 28, 2007, 09:25:11 AM
At least you didn't get bitten....




"down south".
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Super Dave on March 28, 2007, 09:25:48 AM
Well, you could consider that foreplay.  Smack it. :spank:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: APP_Racing on March 28, 2007, 09:31:16 AM
Mark I am very glad to see you on the board.  I was just thinking about how we bumped into eachother at RA last year at the AMA SB races.  Just got my tickets in the mail and you were on my mind.

Fate or luck, things alwasysseem to happen for a reason, at least it seems that way to me.

Glad you are recovering well :thumb:

See you at the races!!!
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 28, 2007, 10:06:29 AM
Quote from: Super Dave on March 28, 2007, 09:25:11 AM
At least you didn't get bitten....




"down south".

OMG... don't even think it!! lol!
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 28, 2007, 10:11:21 AM
Quote from: APP_Racing on March 28, 2007, 09:31:16 AM
Mark I am very glad to see you on the board.  I was just thinking about how we bumped into eachother at RA last year at the AMA SB races.  Just got my tickets in the mail and you were on my mind.

Fate or luck, things alwasysseem to happen for a reason, at least it seems that way to me.

Glad you are recovering well :thumb:

See you at the races!!!

Dude! Good to hear form you! Thanks for the shout. R/A AMA weekend is always a freakin blast. I always look foward to going. Never miss it. I will see you before then I am sure. Take care my friend!
Mark B.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: tigerblade on March 28, 2007, 10:23:05 AM
Hey Mark!

Hang in there with the personal stuff.  Things have a way of working out for the best, though it definitely doesn't feel like it at the time.

:thumb:

Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: spyderchick on March 28, 2007, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: Buell_391 on March 28, 2007, 08:43:01 AM


Hey Alexa... what privilages do I get with your sponsorship now that I have truley been injected with the juice of the spider? Am I special now?? lol   :jerkoff:


:jerkoff:<----------- is not one of the "special" privileges.  :ahhh:  :lmao:

However, I can get you some really cool stickers and a hat!  :biggrin:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 28, 2007, 10:44:32 AM
Quote from: spyderchick on March 28, 2007, 10:30:38 AM
:jerkoff:<----------- is not one of the "special" privileges.  :ahhh:  :lmao:

However, I can get you some really cool stickers and a hat!  :biggrin:

lol...! That will work!  :thumb:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 28, 2007, 10:48:45 AM
Quote from: tigerblade on March 28, 2007, 10:23:05 AM
Hey Mark!

Hang in there with the personal stuff.  Things have a way of working out for the best, though it definitely doesn't feel like it at the time.

:thumb:

Thank's Kris. I appreciat it. BTW.... How have you been doing? All healed and ready to rock? Hope everything is all good for you now. Let me know my friend. Take care!
Oh... and congradulations on your new baby girl! :thumb:
Mark B.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 28, 2007, 03:23:45 PM
Quote from: Buell_391 on March 28, 2007, 08:43:01 AM
At least the bilke is 95% ready. I just have to change the oil, rims and tires and a new chain.
Put a muffler on that piece of shit while you're at it....
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 28, 2007, 05:10:21 PM
Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 28, 2007, 03:23:45 PM
Put a muffler on that piece of shit while you're at it....

                                     
:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:   

Your funny......
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Super Dave on March 28, 2007, 08:55:48 PM
Quote from: Buell_391 on March 28, 2007, 10:44:32 AM
lol...! That will work!  :thumb:

We can get you a special beanie.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: H-man on March 28, 2007, 10:39:54 PM
Whoa!  Look who the cat dragged in :wink:

Daaang Holmes!  What a sad winter you've been through.  I truly feel bad for you Bernie.  But, as I read in your posts, you're still standin' and ready to battle on.  Just be aware that it's okay to be down every now and again.

I didn't race with CCS last year and CCS isn't going to G-man this year.  Maybe I'll give some extra consideration to making that long and expensive haul over to BHF to race and shoot the breeze with you and the rest of the gang.

Be cool.  Ciao,
  H.
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 29, 2007, 09:19:09 AM
Quote from: Super Dave on March 28, 2007, 08:55:48 PM
We can get you a special beanie.

How special....?
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 29, 2007, 09:24:30 AM
Quote from: H-man on March 28, 2007, 10:39:54 PM
Whoa!  Look who the cat dragged in :wink:

Daaang Holmes!  What a sad winter you've been through.  I truly feel bad for you Bernie.  But, as I read in your posts, you're still standin' and ready to battle on.  Just be aware that it's okay to be down every now and again.

I didn't race with CCS last year and CCS isn't going to G-man this year.  Maybe I'll give some extra consideration to making that long and expensive haul over to BHF to race and shoot the breeze with you and the rest of the gang.

Be cool.  Ciao,
  H.


H-MAN...! Good to hear from ya! You know me. I will bounce back. Its just going to take some time. I sure hope you get a chance to come to BFR this year and hang. We miss hanging with you. Take care my friend. Thanks for the words!
Bernie
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: spyderchick on March 29, 2007, 10:16:59 AM
Quote from: Buell_391 on March 29, 2007, 09:19:09 AM
How special....?

You don't want to know. Trust me on this one... :ahhh:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 29, 2007, 11:47:14 AM
Quote from: spyderchick on March 29, 2007, 10:16:59 AM
You don't want to know. Trust me on this one... :ahhh:

Believe me ... I know!  :banghead:
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 30, 2007, 06:22:58 AM
You'll likely get gum in your hair....
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: H-man on March 30, 2007, 07:14:20 AM
Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 30, 2007, 06:22:58 AM
You'll likely get gum in your hair....

Wouldn't that be the person presenting the beanie?
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: Mark Bernard on March 30, 2007, 10:15:41 AM
Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on March 30, 2007, 06:22:58 AM
You'll likely get gum in your hair....

That would be bad, I am growing it out again.....  ::)
Title: Re: Hi everyone... It's been a while!
Post by: tigerblade on April 11, 2007, 04:15:20 PM
Quote from: Buell_391 on March 28, 2007, 10:48:45 AM
Thank's Kris. I appreciat it. BTW.... How have you been doing? All healed and ready to rock? Hope everything is all good for you now. Let me know my friend. Take care!
Oh... and congradulations on your new baby girl! :thumb:
Mark B.

Pretty good.  Work has gone well in the past couple of years and now the family is complete.  I need to get back out and see all my track people!