New number display regulation

Started by skipper08, January 25, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

skipper08

Quote from: Casper34 on January 25, 2009, 10:10:08 PM
ok the first pictures are TAKEN from the INSIDE of turn 3, the corner worker station is on the OUTSIDE of turn 3. that is why you wont see the side numbers, but if you were at the station, you would. now, the next pictures you posted from HMS are Taken from the OUTSIDE of turn 8, thats why you cant see your tail numbers, but IF you had your number plate on your fairing, you would be able to see it.

look at my sig, turn 3 and 8 were my corners, i know them like the back of my hand. at the turn 3 station it would help GREATLY if there were number plates on the side. when you are exiting turn 2, you are so far away that you cannot see the number up front, and by the time you hit turn 3, your lean is so much that you cant see the tail number.

turn 8 is a different story. if you watch the entrance of the bike in 8 you can see the front plate. yes you do lose sight of it on the lean, but then you can see it again on the exit.

"all the corner workers have their spot inside the track" as you said, no they dont. turn 3 and turn 8 are the ONLY turns where the corner worker station is outside the track. you can get to every other station without crossing the track but those two stations.

im not triyng to be cocky or anything, i just know those corners and with knowing those corners i know that side number plates would help ALOT.

http://nationalprivateer.com/cv_0204_homestead_photos.html if you look at the first set of crash pictures, they were taken from the inside of turn 8. the next set (right below the first set) were taken from the outside.

1st off is not about been cocky or not but you say that you know your corners like the back of your hand, well turn 8 CW can walk into the track there is a big opening where the ambulance goes through, that is where the CW are station too, turn 3 does not really have a CW bc the CW is in the inside of turn 4 to take care of 3, 4, 5 and if im not wrong they are not at ground level bc they are is some what of an elevated floor.(if i remember right)

and

2nd, i think you didnt read my post right.

IF IM GOING TO RUN THE DOUBLE NUMBERS ON MY TAIL, i dont need side fairing numbers.
so like you said you wont be able to see my number either way, are you following me now.
so what is the difference if you have a double or single on the tail.

thats why i posted the pic of the bike with the numbers on the tail, and then the pics on the track but you can not know which pics is double or single number.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

skipper08

Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

skipper08

Quote from: bwebb43 on January 25, 2009, 11:30:42 PM
Hey Gus You have to have the numbers on the side fairing by it's self not near any other stickers .So that you can see it when you are leaned over .  :thumb:

i rather run it single in FL and double when i have to go to Daytona.
i think is retarded the side fairing numbers, they serve no purpose. If the CW is in out side the only way to see the number is if you have a side fairing number if not you are still in the same boat as always LOST. LOL bc you cant see the number, so it makes no difference. i would think it makes more sence on the back of the leathers. you can see if after they went by too.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

skipper08

Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Casper34

the corner worker station for turn 3 is back to back with turn 8. yes that station is elevated the height of the tire wall. the runner for 3 has to climb through a hole cut in the fence and then over the tires. i have done this countless times running to turn 2 gravel pit, because the turn 2 station is on the inside.sometimes if the runner is in turn 3 or turn 8 the runner from 4 comes up to 3. turn 4 is at track level, there is an opening just as big as 8.

no i did not read your post wrong. i am saying at turn 3 and at turn 8 it would help greatly if there are numbers on the side. just like the rule book says

"if the rider chooses to place the side number display on the fairing, a single number display on
             the top of the tail section must also be installed and orientated to be read
             from the rear of the machine..
"  taken from the 2009 asra/ccs rule book

so you don't have to do it. this an option, an option that would help a few corners out when trying to look for a bike or rider.

when i see a rider that say dive bombed another rider in turn 3 i walk over to turn 8 get the number and then call it in... or whatever happened.
Corner Worker Runner
T 2,3,8,9 Homestead
T 2,3-4 Moroso
T 7 Jennings

skipper08

Quote from: Casper34 on January 26, 2009, 01:09:15 PM
the corner worker station for turn 3 is back to back with turn 8. yes that station is elevated the height of the tire wall. the runner for 3 has to climb through a hole cut in the fence and then over the tires. i have done this countless times running to turn 2 gravel pit, because the turn 2 station is on the inside.sometimes if the runner is in turn 3 or turn 8 the runner from 4 comes up to 3. turn 4 is at track level, there is an opening just as big as 8.

no i did not read your post wrong. i am saying at turn 3 and at turn 8 it would help greatly if there are numbers on the side. just like the rule book says

"if the rider chooses to place the side number display on the fairing, a single number display on
             the top of the tail section must also be installed and orientated to be read
             from the rear of the machine..
"  taken from the 2009 asra/ccs rule book

so you don't have to do it. this an option, an option that would help a few corners out when trying to look for a bike or rider.

when i see a rider that say dive bombed another rider in turn 3 i walk over to turn 8 get the number and then call it in... or whatever happened.

well anyways, you are not understanding the CW situattion so...... thats my point if they are not going to make it mandatory then what is the difference???? You still cant see it. Right??
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Casper34

yes. If i leave the turn 3 station.
Corner Worker Runner
T 2,3,8,9 Homestead
T 2,3-4 Moroso
T 7 Jennings

Burt Munro

Casper,

I think the only way for Gus to understand what you're trying to explain is for him to spend some time as a Cornerworker.  1 race should be enough for him to understand the problems with the location of number plates.  :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

skipper08

Quote from: Burt Munro on January 26, 2009, 02:46:44 PM
Casper,

I think the only way for Gus to understand what you're trying to explain is for him to spend some time as a Cornerworker.  1 race should be enough for him to understand the problems with the location of number plates.  :thumb:

ok ill put it this simple that a monkey will understand, im going to run the DOUBLE NUMBER IN MY TAIL.
you wont be able to see my number from turn 3 unless you follow me around the the track but doing so you will be leaving your work station and that should not happen.

so what is the difference if you run single # on the tail or double, if you dont make the side fairing number mandatory YOU STILL WONT BE ABLE TO SEE THE NUMBER.

we know that the side fairing number will help the CW in those situation but lets see how many ppl will run it like that.

PS: dude if you dont understand that, dont bother on answering anymore, thanks anyways.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

skipper08

Quote from: Casper34 on January 26, 2009, 01:37:17 PM
yes. If i leave the turn 3 station.

by doing that you are leaving your work station and you would be EXTREMELLY irresponsible bc what if something happens at that specific time.

what im saying is if you are going to fix something, you either do it or dont do it at all. either they make the side number mandatory or just leave it how it was, is just stupid to give the option. i really dont like the side number fairings so ill be doing the double plate on the tail, which still brings up back to CW not being able to see right.

huh??
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Burt Munro

You convinced me Gus.   I'll just go sit in a tree and eat my banana.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

skipper08

Quote from: Burt Munro on January 26, 2009, 03:48:22 PM
You convinced me Gus.   I'll just go sit in a tree and eat my banana.

ok...
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300