News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New number display regulation

Started by skipper08, January 25, 2009, 12:51:57 PM

skipper08

so to have a single digit on the tail you have to have a side fairing number too.
if you dont want the side fairing numbers you have to put 2 numbers on the tail.

this is the set up on my bike but i dont have the side plate numbers.

now i dont know why the side fairing number when it cant be seen at a lean angle.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

tzracer

Try a view from the outside of the track. Not all corner workers are on the inside of the track.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

skipper08

thats what im saying from the side it wont work either, so what is the difference.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Casper34

Quote from: skipper08 on January 25, 2009, 07:59:48 PM
thats what im saying from the side it wont work either, so what is the difference.

True, but those pictures look like they were taken from the inside of turn 3. The corner worker station for turn 3 is on the outside. So it would make it alot better and easier to see the bike number from that station.
Corner Worker Runner
T 2,3,8,9 Homestead
T 2,3-4 Moroso
T 7 Jennings

Jason748

From the inside of the corner  the single tail number reads better than the two small ones that don't really fit.  And from the outside of the corner the "new" number on the side of the fairing (not the tail) is easily readable.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

skipper08

Quote from: Casper34 on January 25, 2009, 08:13:11 PM
True, but those pictures look like they were taken from the inside of turn 3. The corner worker station for turn 3 is on the outside. So it would make it alot better and easier to see the bike number from that station.

actually all those pics were taken from out side the track and all the corner workers have their spot inside the track, i dont know if all the tracks are set up the same but im just saying. maybe some tracks are design better than others.

my question is, if i go with the double numbers on the tail, a corner worker can not see my numbers from the inside as good as the single one and if he is on the outside of the corner he will never find out who i am bc of the lean angle of the bike wont allow to see it and since i have double numbers on my tail i dont have to put the side fairings numbers.

here is what i mean, couple examples.
this is in daytona so a double number is required,

homestead

and i dont think that it would be possible for a corner worker or anyone to see the numbers whether is a single or double number.

i could have been passing this rider under a yellow flag but can you see my number...... and that is a double plate on the back.

see....

Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Casper34

ok the first pictures are TAKEN from the INSIDE of turn 3, the corner worker station is on the OUTSIDE of turn 3. that is why you wont see the side numbers, but if you were at the station, you would. now, the next pictures you posted from HMS are Taken from the OUTSIDE of turn 8, thats why you cant see your tail numbers, but IF you had your number plate on your fairing, you would be able to see it.

look at my sig, turn 3 and 8 were my corners, i know them like the back of my hand. at the turn 3 station it would help GREATLY if there were number plates on the side. when you are exiting turn 2, you are so far away that you cannot see the number up front, and by the time you hit turn 3, your lean is so much that you cant see the tail number.

turn 8 is a different story. if you watch the entrance of the bike in 8 you can see the front plate. yes you do lose sight of it on the lean, but then you can see it again on the exit.

"all the corner workers have their spot inside the track" as you said, no they dont. turn 3 and turn 8 are the ONLY turns where the corner worker station is outside the track. you can get to every other station without crossing the track but those two stations.

im not triyng to be cocky or anything, i just know those corners and with knowing those corners i know that side number plates would help ALOT.

http://nationalprivateer.com/cv_0204_homestead_photos.html if you look at the first set of crash pictures, they were taken from the inside of turn 8. the next set (right below the first set) were taken from the outside.
Corner Worker Runner
T 2,3,8,9 Homestead
T 2,3-4 Moroso
T 7 Jennings

Burt Munro

Gus,

You really need to think about taking golf up as a hobby.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

bwebb43

Hey Gus You have to have the numbers on the side fairing by it's self not near any other stickers .So that you can see it when you are leaned over .  :thumb:
Life , Taking one corner at a time .

benprobst

BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Racingxtc7

The reason for all the numbers is so that corner works don't have to pay attention til they hear a crash.

seriously though, when bikes are packed together tight its impossible to make out all the numbers as they are coming at you.

Casper34

Quote from: Racingxtc7 on January 26, 2009, 05:25:34 AM
The reason for all the numbers is so that corner works don't have to pay attention til they hear a crash.

i cant believe anyone would say that bout corner workers. most corner workers can tell before a bike goes down. not " til they hear a crash".

i can tell you bout an incident at turn 8 homestead, that a riders throttle stuck wide open. i was running to the nascar turn 2 before the rider hit the wall. so the corner workers do pay attention, now that i am kinda mad at this... 

Corner Worker Runner
T 2,3,8,9 Homestead
T 2,3-4 Moroso
T 7 Jennings