Heavyweight Supersport Change?

Started by IFMracing, January 06, 2010, 12:48:55 PM

IFMracing

GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

Team Spalding

Having spent a year racing a 1125 I would say it is a very good fit for Heavyweight Supersport.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

IFMracing

Seems like it would bring that class in line with the others.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

ahastings

It would work if they said specifically Buell 1125, but just 1125 then allows the Ducati 1098 in hwt SS, which is way more capable bike then the Buell or a gsxr 750 in SS trim, they are allowed in hw SB though.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

PlayHard

I say ad the Buell, its the only American Motorcycle out there and as American's we need to help out our fellow American companies as much as we can.  Enough jobs are being lost across the country.  Erik Buell is going to need all the help he can get in order to survive.  Allowing the bike in more classes definately helps his cause.   
CCS / WERA EX #95

proechel539

Just throw them in with the lightweights, those guys love big bikes!
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

IFMracing

Quote from: ahastings on January 07, 2010, 11:50:47 AM
It would work if they said specifically Buell 1125, but just 1125 then allows the Ducati 1098 in hwt SS, which is way more capable bike then the Buell or a gsxr 750 in SS trim, they are allowed in hw SB though.

Good call.
Hadn't thought about that part.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

vnvbandit

Quote from: proechel539 on January 07, 2010, 07:15:32 PM
Just throw them in with the lightweights, those guys love big bikes!

Dat ain't right.    :ass:
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

Team-ORacing

Quote from: PlayHard on January 07, 2010, 06:08:23 PM
Erik Buell is going to need all the help he can get in order to survive.  Allowing the bike in more classes definately helps his cause.  

All the help in the world wont do anything for Mr. Buell.  His company is already gone.  America needs a new manufacturer now...
J. Cameron Oster               www.Team-ORacing.com
Am# 750                             www.SportsGoombahs.com

benprobst

Quote from: Team-ORacing on January 08, 2010, 10:01:06 PM
All the help in the world wont do anything for Mr. Buell.  His company is already gone.  America needs a new manufacturer now...

Actually its not, if anything its going to be more his company now than before.

Having raced a GSXR 750 and spent some time on a 999 I think the 1125 is a good match for HWSS. To late now though I think.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

ahastings

how would allowing the 1125 in supersport as opposed to just superbike help the Buell Racing company? A motorcycle that is no longer in production
Arnie
A&M Motorsports

Super Dave

Quote from: ahastings on January 09, 2010, 12:38:36 PM
how would allowing the 1125 in supersport as opposed to just superbike help the Buell Racing company? A motorcycle that is no longer in production
Erik has a stand alone company now, if you didn't know.  Not sure what that will entail in the end, but he doesn't appear to be satisfied with just letting what was go away.  His name is still on the ones out there. 
Super Dave

ahastings

Quote from: Super Dave on January 09, 2010, 03:49:06 PM
Erik has a stand alone company now, if you didn't know.  Not sure what that will entail in the end, but he doesn't appear to be satisfied with just letting what was go away.  His name is still on the ones out there. 
I knew that, but my question to the posters above wondering how adding a bike no longer in production to a supersport class will help Buells company. His products are primarily superbike based and its not like adding ss will make more people buy used and leftover buells to race them for one more class. that being said I do agree it should have been indexed into hw SS.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports

Super Dave

Erik has chassis and ECM stuff too, not just engine mods.  That's still supersport based.  And purchasing those items from Erik Buell Racing would help his company, not that that is a reason to place it in the class. 

Either way, like you, I think it fits there in HWSS.

Super Dave

chillydogg

Quote from: PlayHard on January 07, 2010, 06:08:23 PM
I say ad the Buell, its the only American Motorcycle out there and as American's we need to help out our fellow American companies as much as we can.  Enough jobs are being lost across the country.  Erik Buell is going to need all the help he can get in order to survive.  Allowing the bike in more classes definately helps his cause.  

You must work for DMG.....

JK :)

IFMracing

Too late for 2010 rules it seems.
Dang.

So, after looking, thoughts are that it should say LC Twin up to 1150 (no desmo)?
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

IFMracing

Just got word that the rules are going to be ammended to allow the 1125!

GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

Ducmarc

so is Erik going to build some $70,000 custom 1125RRR wammy racer putting out 190hp to race in supersport or not.... especilly since all the ducks have been shot out of the class with #4's.what's everyone worried about anyway. ask anyone here the 1098 is a big pig that's why they don't race one.it's allready a european motor. add the gas charged olins, ttx shock, brembo billet brakes a purbon frame and some 60mm throttle bodies and you got a yankee duck.made in Europe assembled in the states. kinda like a beamer or a toyata.   maybe it can get a nitrous exemption too. 

ahastings

technically by SS rules an 1125rr would not eligible for ss since it is not a production bike sold for street use in North America
Arnie
A&M Motorsports

IFMracing

And it was also stated that the 1125RR was excluded from the class.
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

wfomotorsports

Guess i wont retire the RC51 after all... :ahhh: :spank:

skiandclimb

Quote from: wfomotorsports on February 10, 2010, 02:03:01 PM
Guess i wont retire the RC51 after all... :ahhh: :spank:

Kickass!  You gonna run Supertwins as well????
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

wfomotorsports

Grids will decide . i will still run the 1000rr this year  but i am also looking at running a 600 also.