Suggestion for new classes

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, November 29, 2009, 11:26:13 AM

skiandclimb

Quote from: Ducmarc on December 13, 2009, 09:22:40 PM
i hear though that kevin has nixed all movement for the 748 or 996 into other classes

Yep.  Hoo-#$%ing-ray.  I'll be doing Supertwins, and only Supertwins in 2010, I suppose. I guess the super-huge, gut wrenching HP of a 10 year old, 500 lb, 115 HP machine was "too much" for middle weight or Thunderbike status.  Ya know- for guys like me, K3's idea would, in fact, generate more gridding opportunities.  Too bad my tank doesn't have "Buell" written on it....I could run in almost every class if it did.

Weeee.

Oh, and to the "go get a new bike" crowd- I am married with three kids. Just being able to race is a miracle. I am truly racing what I had around to race. Is that your fault? Nope.  But it just isn't that easy to go out and buy the new hotness, when you also have four human beings relying on you for food, shelter, healthcare, etc.

And no one ever made any sense of this to me: It's "parody" for me to race Buells in Supertwins, but NOT fair for me to race those EXACT same bikes in Thunderbike?  Seriously?  Makes no sense.  Thanks, CCS!

Ugh.

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

roadracer162

Ski,

Just pick up the pieces and race what you can. This topic is nothing diffeent than the past year's conversation. Put a 748 motor in your chassis and race Thunderbike.

Typically the class and rule structure is there for the current bikes. The later models will have more performance and it is what the Manufacturesrs want to sell, then the after market product suppliers. The tire manufacturers don't care what bike you are racing as long as we are using their product.

The AMA organization is very narrow focused in who participates and with what bike. CCS is a little more open to the mere mortals but if you and I want to race our ten year old bikes in a competitive venue then we must form our own organization. Don't be frustrated that CCS doesn't cater to your bike. Go out there and have some fun and when you turn 40 do the F40 also.

If you want I will trade you my Ducati 800 and you can run all the classes you want.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Ducmarc

who can  keep that clunker running for more than 2 races a weekend anyway ! I got it set on destruct now . back to work on the 900

roadracer162

Marc,

That 748 of yours has shown some great speed. Put a good rider on it and you will see even better results than what it has lately.

The 900 is a true lightweight machine and yes, it is time to develop it even more.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

extrareleif

does anyone show up on ninja 250'S in the south east?     I want to race my 250 and was wondering if I would be alone.     I  know that WERA has a class but i think i would prefer racing with CCS.    does anyone think that I would piss off other racers having to work around me if I tagged on the back of the LW classes?  obviously it would have to be a race to be the fastest 250...       

I also think this would solve the problem of the original post.

Again.....flame away...

roadracer162

Florida region will be racing with the Southeast at Jennings in April. Bring that thing out and sign up for at least Ultralight and we can have some fun. My brother will be on my son's FZR400 and he is also just learning. You will have a good time against others riding the MZ620, Ducati 750, FR400, and maybe the EX500. You will have a blast especially at Jennings where it is more about the rider and corner speed.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

if i just wanted to win i would put fernando or barrett on it I'm sure jason edmonds would.   i think he's been jones'en for a ride but what's the fun in that.  there's  plenty of good riders with out a ride out there right now.  but that old china man underestimates himself

catman

My LW SV will just have to compete with 800's and kitty is not skeered- Thanks K3 for turning her into a competitive future entry for me- You  are definately offering some great possibilities for the fuure sucess of this sport! I read Highside ,every 2 wheeler who crouches for speed, should. Happy New Year to ALL! :thumb: