News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Suggestion for new classes

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, November 29, 2009, 11:26:13 AM

Super Dave

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on November 30, 2009, 05:37:07 PM
How about if I buy a new set of tires this year?
Only if you start from the back....

Pointing counter race...LOL!
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

Understand that I don't own a bike which would be legal under my "10" propsal.  I'm not fishing for some class to race in myself.  I also wasn't trying to address the gripes of any particular group of riders.  My goal was merely to start a discussion on how older bikes could be given a chance to be competitive, since new bikes have become so expensive that younger or less wealthy enthusiasts can't afford to race them.
I had a friggin blast racing EX500 and FZR machines back when they at least were in with a chance.  It would be great if the guy with the rusty pickup and the old, beater bike once again had the incentive to try racing.
Trackdays are fun but they are not racing.  As I said in my novel, Highside, "Better a racer for a moment than a spectator for life."  I'd just like to see the next generation of dirt-poor speed freaks have a chance to compete.  Racing changed my life forever.  I love it and want to see it survive these tough economic times.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tstruyk

how did this become a discussion about LW competitve bikes?

Box that arguement up and put it in drawer for later discussion... how would these new rules impact the MW and UNL classes?  would it still be on "borrowed time"?

Good framework chris, might be something to look intp further!  :thumb:

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

skiandclimb

I'd be cool with this category, and would grid up in it.  Would actually be cool to make it an UNL race- run whatcha brung type of race, regardless of displacement.  10 years and older would be perfect, because it wouldn't automatically be a "vintage" class persay.  I kmow there is an UNL category now, but given the modern machines, it is often a one sided battle.  Putting 10 years on the bikes would be a blast, if for nothing other than getting to see some cool bikes get back on a track.

+1
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Ducmarc

add 3 dyno classes pay an extra 10 bucks to pay the dyno guy(everyone wants to know how much there bike makes anyway) and run in the class you fit in 100 200 300hp or whatever  no mess no fuss just  outlaw all aftermaket ecu's so you can't run multiple maps.  everyone has these problems nascar f1 cart they all are trying to control costs. they are tighter on there rules though. we are wide open look at supersport as long as you have a stock air filter your ok. how about tech marks your tires so you only can run one set a weekend .and if you change you got to the back. one of the problems is there are to many classes and not enough time and man power to police anything. double the number of laps halve the number of classes and make some real class rules.   of course none of us want's that.    or run 3 classes 3 amateur 3 expert practice sat til noon lunch then one or two heat races then sun more heat races than 3 main events. the heat races set the grids and the main event is 10 or 15 laps we all get the same track time the fast guys filter to the front the slow guys still ride and i build a sub 100hp motor so i don't get pounded  in the 150hp class. kinda like flat track does but everyone rides. the same way every stock car track does evey saturday night   with the dyno no more your bike makes too much hp for the class or 2 valve 4 valve water cooled air cooled wrong frame or cases .  but it would only work if there is more time between races  hence the 3 classes and more laps . i'll shut up now

Burt Munro

Quote from: Ducmarc on December 01, 2009, 07:30:43 PM
  ..... double the number of laps halve the number of classes and make some real class rules.    

So now you've got 1/2 as many entry fees to pay the track rental bills.  Do you double the entry fees to make up for it?  Don't think that'll fly!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Carnag3

I raced on takeoffs all year :) Now everyone knows my secret :)
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

gpz11

K3 Chris Onwiler

AHRMA requires 1982 or older machines.  Unless you're trying to race a KZ900, you're SOL.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

backMARKr

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on December 02, 2009, 01:52:22 PM
AHRMA requires 1982 or older machines.  Unless you're trying to race a KZ900, you're SOL.

Actually, IF they are still doing BOT ( Battle of Twins) you can run the SV, Buell etc.....
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

roadracer162

Quote from: gpz11 on December 02, 2009, 10:09:28 AM
Here's a org to race your old bike in.

http://www.ahrma.org/

Isn't this a CCS forum and not AHRMA? As the original post stated it was for bikes that didn't fit Vintage but still were owned by CCS riders.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

TrophyGal

Quote from: skidMARK on December 02, 2009, 05:26:33 PM
Isn't this a CCS forum and not AHRMA? As the original post stated it was for bikes that didn't fit Vintage but still were owned by CCS riders.

Mark

Florida still runs Vintage classes, and SouthWest has 2 events at Firebird which have Vintage classes.