News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

F40 eligable bikes.......

Started by XFACTOR, November 01, 2009, 09:17:38 AM

XFACTOR

I turned the big 4 0 at the end of this season, so I can race the F40 now. I've got an R1 and just realized I can't race it in F40.  I see the big Ducks can run the class, why not allow inline 4 liter bikes in Formula 40, if the Ducati 1098 and 1198 are allowed?  The Ducati's got just as much H.P. and more torque. Either that or get rid of the big Ducatis, and I'll start looking for a 750.

anybody else agree, disagree?   

sasrocks

roadracer162

Old news. The Ducati is considered HW and the R1 in Unlimited. There have been discussions of making F40 Unlimited. If you want it to happen come up with a credible argument of whay it should and find some supporters to push it through. Then present it to the committee and accept their decision whether it is in favor or not. I still want my 1991 FZR600 in GT lights, but that won't happen. The usual response is buy something that is competitive.

Catch my drift?

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

XFACTOR

time to adjust the rules........bikes have changed, and advanced... the big V twins are now equal to the liter  I 4's, just look at AMA, WSB, etc.

Commitee,  hello?  are you listening?

roadracer162

The committee doesn't work that way. Some may troll along this forum but you must take the first step. Your argument must be presented before the cut-off date of October 24th for this year to be applied for next year. You should have received in one of the mailers, just can't remember which one.

I agree that bikes do change every year but my FZR is still considered a middleweight bike. At best it can race in LW F40 and Thunderbike and up until two years ago was considered a cheater bike for LW F40. I must tell you the Ducati 748 is much faster than the 1991 FZR600 which was last built in 1998. What year was the last year the Ducati 748 was built. Oh now the 749 is also legal for Thunderbike.

I will still hear that I should go and buy a competitive bike. The 2009 rules still dictate a Ducati 748 pre 1999 is legal in Ultralight. Go figure.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

XFACTOR

so basically they not gonna change anything (no matter how unfair) unless enough people show interest in wanting a change.  Wouldn't want anyone to show any initiative in keeping things up to date.....
I guess I'm a week behind in sending in a suggestion to the commitee   :ahhh:

Firecat

I would love the F40 class to be unlimited....I have another year to wait before I can enter the class and I'm really not looking forward to buying a F40 legal bike.
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

XFACTOR

I've already started looking for a 750........ ::)

redlinepilot

Quote from: XFACTOR on November 01, 2009, 11:21:19 PM
I've already started looking for a 750........ ::)
Sorry to say you only have two choices, both of them are Ducati's. I've been racing a 750 in F40 for 11 years and the 1098's are way superior. In LW F40 the machine there is an aircooled DS1000, Paul Smart or Bimota. When CCS upgraded the F40 category to super bike spec from super sport, that's when it made 750's uncompetitive.
Steve Guanche
Ex # 15 FL

DougG60

im on a ss legal, basically stock 848 so i would rather not see the liter bikes in f40. the 1098's and buells are bad enough. maybe make expert f40 unlimited rules and keep am. heavyweight sbk rules.
EX101 Ducati 848

TStinson

This has been covered before, but an actual 1098 (1099cc) is not the same as a  1098r or 1198 (1199cc) which are not allowed in F40.  The 1098 or 1098s do not have liter bike power, more like 145 at the wheel with an exhaust.  A superbike spec 750, i think the rule is actually 800cc, is competative power wise with the standard 1098 in my experience.
Todd Stinson

XFACTOR

I'm all for a Unlimited F40 class.   I don't want to buy another bike, but it looks like it's too late for this year.