electric vehicle class eligibility???

Started by zeroice, October 28, 2009, 07:14:43 PM

zeroice

for 2010 (I know this is late but...):
With the inaugural event at the IOM and several manufacturers participating in the electric vehicle class, has anyone thought of creating a new class or allowing electric motorcycles to participate in a CCS race?
One example production bike that will be raceworthy is the Brammo Enertia... Thoughts anyone?
http://www.brammo.com/home/
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

daviid

i'd say at this point in time its unjustifiable. not enough out in the market place for people to get their hands on. i'd say in 5 or so years it might be likely though.
David | 03 Suzuki SV650 | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484
RacerStuff.net / RTech Racing Fuels Fuels / Continental / Next Level Motorsports

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

Woofentino Pugrossi

I'd be curious about the safety aspect of them after a hard crash.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

DakotaCBR

I've been researching electric motorcycles at school in the hopes to build a bike for a senior design project. Of course, racing it was one of my thoughts. I figured we could try to build it to similar characteristics of a lightweight bike (I say similar because HP and torque figures from an electric motor are much different than an ICE engine) and work with CCS as to which classes it would be eligible for.

Because the concept is relatively new, there is still a decent disparity between power of the electric bikes, so classifying would need to have a structure like that of the TTXGP Pro and Open classes. Safety may also be a concern. All the cornerworkers and safety crew members at the IOM were issued rubber gloves to prevent electric shock in case something went wrong.

An interesting read on Trackdaymag.com about the MotoCzysz E1:

http://www.trackdaymag.com/Articles/ZAP!.aspx
Jon Hatcher - CCS FL #308

Jeff

The buell guys would have to put cards in the spokes just to get some sound out of it.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Team Spalding

Put some cards in the spokes and I'll race it for ya.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

catman

Quote from: DR ENERGYSMART on October 29, 2009, 07:47:08 PM
DoctorEnergySmart just ordered a test ride, Best Buy sells them ... Calif and oregon-  write off time :cheers:

HAWK

Quote from: Whitebuell on October 29, 2009, 11:04:59 PM
Put some cards in the spokes and I'll race it for ya.

Make sure there's at most 2 spokes or he'll short shift.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Eye-p

Actually almost all EV bikes use battery cells that are much safer on impact than your average R6.
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

Ducmarc

I'm trying to ditch all that electronic nonsense  and you guys want to build a motor out of it . drill out your jets and buy methanol and help your neighbor save his farm

R1Racer99

Did anyone else watch how fucking slow those bikes were at the IOM TT? It was unbearable on TV and I'm guessing it would be equally boring to ride one. So my question is, why would anyone want to ride one?

vnvbandit

So the buell guys could put cards in the spokes! ;-)
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

Team Spalding

Quote from: R1Racer99 on November 19, 2009, 09:07:58 AM
Did anyone else watch how fucking slow those bikes were at the IOM TT? It was unbearable on TV and I'm guessing it would be equally boring to ride one. So my question is, why would anyone want to ride one?

Because it would be fun to be part of something new, exciting and different during the early stages.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

catman

Yes an evolving motorcycle  image building GiG ,maybe quieter and slower, :cheers: will fool the public from seeing the real deal bikers deeds on track! :cheers: