News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bump to Expert Question;

Started by Noidly1, October 15, 2009, 10:34:07 PM

Noidly1

I haven't found any info in the rulebook on this subject.

How are the bumps to Expert determined?

Top ___ in points...

Top ___ in points above ___ PI...

Top ___  above ___ PI...

Per class? Overall?

What?

Thanks.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Greg_Williams

Isn't it about time that you ran white plates anyway? :-)
Greg Williams

Cafe Racer Inc.
816-221-0711

www.caferacerinc.com

Noidly1

Well, looking at my results of all the races I was in and my PI, I haven't done so well.
Yes, I have finished well in some races but not most or all.
Only reason I have so many points is cause I raced every event.
If I get bumped, so be it.
Just curious how bumps are determined. That's all...

Thanks.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Burt Munro

Noid, in your case, regardless of your point total I think they'll make an exception.

Exactly what that exception is, I don't know.  It just seems appropriate for you to get an exception!   :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

skiandclimb

SANDBAGGER!  J/K Dion.  I thought it was the magic 400 pts or class (regional) champion?
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

RoyHefner

The criteria for an expert license are listed in the CCS Rulebook, Section 2.2.4.
Roy Hefner
CCS / ASRA  #163
J.O.S. Motorsports, MCC, Pirelli, Vortex, Silkolene

Noidly1

Found it, Thanks.

Hmmm, I see this going a couple of ways.

2.2.4 Riders will be issued Regional Series licenses as Amateur or Expert.
A. CCS Officials will issue Expert licenses to those riders with proven
experience or ability as follows:

(3.) Any Amateur Rider who in the opinion of CCS Officials has the ability and experience for Expert competition.

(4.) Any Amateur Rider who scores 400 points within a 12 month
period.

Ok.
If going by Actual points, I see 17 riders eligable in the GP region.
If going by Adjusted points, I see 8 riders eligable in the GP region
Which is it?

Also, are the points in another region added to or not counted?

I can see other variables that can come into play here but I won't mention them...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

sasrocks

Noidly1

Gawd Daba Nabits, I ain't gots uh no probs uh bumpin main. Justa askin... Fug...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

jake318

With the ecomomy in the crapper there wont be as many racers on the grids period . So they better start bumping up riders  just to have a show

Burt Munro

Quote from: jake318 on November 26, 2009, 08:19:25 PM
With the ecomomy in the crapper there wont be as many racers on the grids period . So they better start bumping up riders  just to have a show
If the 2010 season is anything like it was in 2009 the problem won't be on the Expert side.

From the 11 race weekends I saw in the Midwest and Great Plaines the Amateur grids were down about 50% while the Expert grids were about the same as previous years.

roadracer162

The whole goal is to get to expert status. Keep in mind though that a fast amateur does not ncessarily make an Expert rider. The Expert rider has consistency, smoothness and makes reasonable decisions while on track. A fast amateur that frequently crashes or takes others out has no business being an expert.

The points or championship is only a gauge to say one can move to expert. This is where your subjective impressions come into play in contrast. You may have the points or even the championship but only you can tell if you are the Expert. Contest it if you are not ready, but there is a world of difference when you do go expert.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Noidly1

Ok, I've been bumped and bet I'll learn a lot from the Ex's.
"If" I find that I am not up-to-snuff in Ex, can I get bumped back to Am and keep what points I have earned in Ex?
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

roadracer162

I have seen that exact situation so I would guess YES. I would say that you may find some fast amateurs passing you but that may not necessarily mean you belong with the amateurs. Take a turn or two at running with the experts. You can learn many things about how they ride and a lot more about how you ride. I personally prefer going into a corner side by side with an Expert than a similar speed Amateur. Just my impressions based on my own experiences.

I am 48 Y/O today and hope that I will be doing this for another 30 years.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Burt Munro

Yeah Noid, go for it as an Expert!

Who knows, you might learn how to run the correct line at turn #14 at HPT!   :kicknuts:   :biggrin:

Noidly1

Quote from: skidMARK on November 27, 2009, 02:14:48 PM
I have seen that exact situation so I would guess YES. I would say that you may find some fast amateurs passing you but that may not necessarily mean you belong with the amateurs. Take a turn or two at running with the experts. You can learn many things about how they ride and a lot more about how you ride. I personally prefer going into a corner side by side with an Expert than a similar speed Amateur. Just my impressions based on my own experiences.

I am 48 Y/O today and hope that I will be doing this for another 30 years.

Mark
Yeah, I'm gonna give it my best. We shall see.

Happy B-Day Mark.

Quote from: Burt Munro on November 27, 2009, 04:04:19 PM
Yeah Noid, go for it as an Expert!

Who knows, you might learn how to run the correct line at turn #14 at HPT!   :kicknuts:   :biggrin:
Ha Ha...
Hello, My name is Rick...........................................

BTW, I told you, I paid to use the whole track and that is what I'm gonna do... :biggrin:
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX