Hi everyone... It's been a while!

Started by Mark Bernard, March 26, 2007, 09:15:48 AM

Mark Bernard

I just wanted to give a shout out to all my Friends and let everyone know that I still live! It's been a extremely rough year so far for me personally, and it's been a long while since I have been on the board. I will be racing this season, but I am only going to be doing the BFR's and R/A. I am thinking about doing Barber but it depends on my funds.

For those of you who don't know or haven't heard... Becky and I broke up over the Christmas holiday's. She bought a house and moved out last month. Needless to say It devastated me. I am doing better but it's going to take a while to overcome. After almost 7 years together, this was one of the hardest things for me to deal with on a personal level. The breakup was not my decision and I am so very hurt by it all. But it seems to be getting a little better day by day. I miss and love her desperately but I have to try and move on.

I have also been battling with a couple of medical problems also. On Feb 19th I was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider and had to have the bite removed with out patient surgery. The following week I developed a Staph infection that was MRSA+. That one put me in the hospital for 6 days on intravenous antibiotics and had surgery on 5 infected areas. (not pleasant at all I might add) I am still off of work and have an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon. I have a home care nurse coming over to the house everyday to repack and dress the wounds. That in its self is a whole new adventure in pain. But I am recovering nicely and should be back to work within the next week or so.... (I hope)

Any how... I miss you all and think of you often. You ARE my family wether you like it or not! LOL! Take care everyone and I will see you at Blackhawk.

Mark B.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

spyderchick

Well, welcome back to the nut house. :biggrin: I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties. Keep your head up and just remember all of those sh1t eating grins from racing. The spider bite was not my doing...honest! I've been getting bit pretty often at the shop, but they are the more harmless type. I could not imagine getting bit by a brown recluse, as the little guys are causing some nice scarring already.

Don't be a stranger!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Mark Bernard

Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Jeff

And on top of all that, you ride a Buell!  You're a glutton for pain!  :kicknuts:  :lmao:

(sorry dude, I couldn't help it.  Sorry for your loss, pain & hardships.  Cheer up, it's gonna be 80 today!  :cheers:  :boink: )
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Mark Bernard

Quote from: Jeff on March 26, 2007, 09:23:37 AM
And on top of all that, you ride a Buell!  You're a glutton for pain!  :kicknuts:  :lmao:

(sorry dude, I couldn't help it.  Sorry for your loss, pain & hardships.  Cheer up, it's gonna be 80 today!  :cheers:  :boink: )

Jeff... You REALLY know how to cheer a guy up! LOL!  :spank:  :thumb:
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

dylanfan53

Jeez Mark, I wondered why you hadn't been on here for a while.  Sorry to hear about your winter.  I think you need a new bumper sticker.  Something like "I conquered a Super Bug & Brown Recluse over the winter.  What did you do?"

You haven't missed much.  But in case you missed it, Guy won the Mr. Potato Head award.   :biggrin:
See you at BHF.
Don Cook
CCS #53

Mark Bernard

Quote from: dylanfan53 on March 26, 2007, 10:32:31 AM
Jeez Mark, I wondered why you hadn't been on here for a while.  Sorry to hear about your winter.  I think you need a new bumper sticker.  Something like "I conquered a Super Bug & Brown Recluse over the winter.  What did you do?"

You haven't missed much.  But in case you missed it, Guy won the Mr. Potato Head award.   :biggrin:
See you at BHF.

I need much more than a bumpersticker my freind....  ::)

I did make it to the banquet in time to see that Guy was the recipiant of the beloved and much covited Mr. Potato Head Award. It was well deserved if I might add!  :thumb:

See you at BFR! Mark B.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

EX_#76

Quote from: dylanfan53 on March 26, 2007, 10:32:31 AM

You haven't missed much.  But in case you missed it, Guy won the Mr. Potato Head award.   :biggrin:
See you at BHF.

What the hell Don!!!  You need another hobbie if the potatohead on the top of your list of what is going on  LOL!!
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

EX_#76

Quote from: Buell_391 on March 26, 2007, 09:15:48 AM
I just wanted to give a shout out to all my Friends and let everyone know that I still live! It's been a extremely rough year so far for me personally, and it's been a long while since I have been on the board. I will be racing this season, but I am only going to be doing the BFR's and R/A. I am thinking about doing Barber but it depends on my funds.

For those of you who don't know or haven't heard... Becky and I broke up over the Christmas holiday's. She bought a house and moved out last month. Needless to say It devastated me. I am doing better but it's going to take a while to overcome. After almost 7 years together, this was one of the hardest things for me to deal with on a personal level. The breakup was not my decision and I am so very hurt by it all. But it seems to be getting a little better day by day. I miss and love her desperately but I have to try and move on.

I have also been battling with a couple of medical problems also. On Feb 19th I was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider and had to have the bite removed with out patient surgery. The following week I developed a Staph infection that was MRSA+. That one put me in the hospital for 6 days on intravenous antibiotics and had surgery on 5 infected areas. (not pleasant at all I might add) I am still off of work and have an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon. I have a home care nurse coming over to the house everyday to repack and dress the wounds. That in its self is a whole new adventure in pain. But I am recovering nicely and should be back to work within the next week or so.... (I hope)

Any how... I miss you all and think of you often. You ARE my family wether you like it or not! LOL! Take care everyone and I will see you at Blackhawk.

Mark B.

What did you do to piss the spider off?  glad you are OK now, infections are real nasty things to deal with.  The next time you need to be bitten, I suggest you in list the services of the Spyder.  Sometimes she bites hard but it is worth it!!  To date no one has perished due to the SWEEEEET Alexa spyder bite.

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

grasshopper

Mark, Sorry to hear about all the bad luck. You know you'll always have good friends and fun within the motorcycle community. Stay strong, heal up and come out and do some riding. Try and get out and do a couple track days for the hell of this year.

Mark Bernard

Quote from: grasshopper on March 26, 2007, 05:25:16 PM
Mark, Sorry to hear about all the bad luck. You know you'll always have good friends and fun within the motorcycle community. Stay strong, heal up and come out and do some riding. Try and get out and do a couple track days for the hell of this year.

Thanks Nick. You know me... I am not one to be held down for long. Thank you for the kind words.. all of you! As the song said... I will survive!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: spyderchick on March 26, 2007, 09:20:11 AMThe spider bite was not my doing...honest!

No it was of my doing. :biggrin:

You must had ordered somthing from south of springfield. Recluses arent exactly native to this area.

Could had been a worse spider. I had to go chase a black widow at Home Depot when I was with orkin.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod