News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Red Flag Fund - Is there any support for a foolish idea?

Started by Doxgon22, July 23, 2014, 06:29:03 PM

Doxgon22

To introduce myself, I am Doc Stein, CCS Midwest expert number 22.  I am also one of the Learning Curves Roadrace School instructors.  For any of you that have been around CCS racing for a few years, you may remember me from the 2003 and 2004 seasons where I was somewhat of an Ironman for racing nearly every race during the weekend.
     So here's the foolish idea.  If I can find support for my idea, I plan to ride EVERY race during the weekend/ Sunday race day at the Red Flag Fund weekend on Sunday, Aug. 17th.  What I'm looking for is for people willing to donate $1 for every race I run that day, or $17 dollars if I can run ALL of them.  This is not much, and I plan to donate $10 each, $25 if I earn a plaque, $50 if I win.  I am only doing this if I can generate enough interest to make it worthwhile for the charity, I will get nothing from it but the knowledge that I helped and that I'm still tough enough to be this stupid.  Not bad for a 50-year old guy. 
     The donations would have to be collected between the Aug. and Sept. CCS Blackhawk rounds, too late for the auction weekend, but not too late to help.  If you are interested in seeing an old man make a spectacle of himself, give a shout out here.  If not, well, I'll probably appreciate that the Monday after the weekend when I could still walk......

Doc Stein

Eric Kelcher

Even tho I will miss the spectacle I'm in.
Sounds like you'll need a chiropractor on Monday!
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

twilkinson3

In - may not be there for hte weekend (kids) but I can find a way toget the funda to you after

supercarl

Good idea Doc! Glad to see you taking the initiative to help. I am in!

On a somewhat related topic. I have signed up for every race I am eligible to race in (not formula 40s) for the September Blackhawk weekend. I think its going to be 30+ races or something since its a twin sprints weekend. You guys should donate a buck to RFF for each race I run that weekend too lol. 
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

Jwhite316

Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

trace33chargers

I'll throw in. I won't be at the races, but getting the money to you or the track shouldn't be a problem.

Doxgon22

Well, folks, after doing the math, I have decided to forego this effort for this year.  I would like to try this next year, perhaps the event BEFORE the Red Flag Fund auction.  The reason I am passing at this time is that I cannot make as much money for the charity as it would cost for me to run.  As a result, I WILL make the donation for EACH OF YOU, IN YOUR NAME at the auction, Saturday, August 16th.  SuperCarl, if you indeed do this, I will support you, also!

Doxgon22

Besides, I couldn't find an ultralight thunderbike.  Missing by one race is just not acceptable.

twilkinson3

Quote from: Doxgon22 on July 29, 2014, 01:50:52 PM
Besides, I couldn't find an ultralight thunderbike.  Missing by one race is just not acceptable.

Yer kidding right.....bruce said in and he's the ultimate pusher for that end of things hehe

On another note my In stands for karl too, amount per race to be determined but since the august round is out I'm in for the Sept one.