News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Starting Procedures in the MW

Started by Nate R, October 13, 2002, 09:28:15 PM

Nate R

OK, the 5 board means you can go out for your warm up lap, right?

The 4 board means its too late to warm up

the 3 means grid is closed

2 board means what?

1 board before sideways = rev???

I'm asking about this, I'm not sure how it's done in the MW, and the rules leave a lot of room for change with the # boards.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

roadracer797

The interpitation of the number boards are different for everybody but what you have said is real close.
The two board is put up just in case you have a problem before the start you can wave your arms and they will try and help or remove you from the grid.
I don't start reving my engine until the one board is starting to turn sideways and I usualy get a great start and am not reving the engine unnessaserally.
If you want to know about the boards at each track you should talk to the starter or the race director they will explain it to you. hope this helps

Jeff

Per the CCS/FUSA rulebook...

3.4.4 Starting Procedures
A. Three calls will be made prior to the start of the countdown for each race. All competitors
should report to the designated staging area prior to the final call.

B. The countdown will commence by display of a green flag and a number board, usually
beginning with #5. At that display, all riders may proceed on one lap of the circuit,
returning to their assigned grid positions. Riders may report to the Pit Steward for direct
grid placement and no rider may begin a preview lap once the original countdown board
has been replaced. It is expressly prohibited for any rider to take a warm up lap for any
race in which he/she is not an entrant.

C. At a time designated by the referee or race director, the grid will be closed to all
competitors. Those who have not reported for direct grid placement nor begun their
preview lap MAY be barred from competition in that particular race. There is no financial
relief or official penalty for failure to make a race.

D. When the #2 Countdown board is displayed, the grid must be cleared of all mechanics and
team personnel other than the rider. Failure to clear the grid in a timely fashion will result
in a penalty to be levied at the discretion of the Race Director.

E. When the #2 Countdown board is displayed, no rider may proceed farther forward in the
grid and all riders out of position must line up at the back of the grid behind the last row
of riders. This means the last row of the entire grid in cases where classes of machines or
rider status are combined.

F. It is the responsibility of the rider to report to the correct grid position. Should the
countdown reach #1, and a rider be found in the wrong grid position, that rider will be
assessed a penalty. Unless otherwise announced, in races of 6 laps or more, the penalty
will be a stop and go on pit road. In races of 5 laps or less, the rider will be penalized onelap.

G. Should circumstances dictate an abort of the countdown, the assistant starter will lower the
display board. The countdown will resume once the problem is solved. Should the delay
be short, the countdown will be resumed at the #2 mark. Should the delay prove to be
lengthy, the countdown will be restarted at the #5 mark and the riders will be dispatched
on one more preview lap. Those riders who may have been previously barred from the
grid are still considered ineligible to compete.

H. Should an engine stall once the #1 sign has been displayed, the rider should wave to get the
attention of the starter or a grid marshal. If possible, the rider will be given time to
remove the motorcycle from the grid, and will then be given an opportunity to join the
race once the field has left the grid.

I. As a final notice of an impending start, the #1 board will be turned sideways as a prelude to
the waving of the green flag. All machines must be stationary from when the #1 board
starts to be turned sideways until the green flag waves. Any movement will be
considered an incorrect start and the rider will be assessed a penalty.

J. The waving of the green flag by the starter starts the race.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Litespeed

So according to part D of the rule, we are allowed to have umbrella girls?  I have always wondered what the rule regarding them was :).