News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What classes do you SV pilots race in?

Started by tshort, December 30, 2002, 07:55:48 AM

tshort

Just got my new (to me) SV from a guy in Atlanta who race prepped it so it's ready to go.

I've seen a lot of info on what classes it is legal to race in, but I was wondering what classes those of you who race them like to race in.

Thanks, and happy new year - can't wait for April.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Protein Filled

Here is a list sorted by how competitive a supersport prepped bike is:

Lightweight Supersport
Lightweight Superbike
GT Lights
Heavyweight Sportsman
Lightweight GP
Supertwins

Obviously you can race it in many more classes, but you won't be as competitive as in the ones above.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

tshort

Thanks - very helpful.  So is the main difference between Supersport and Superbike the tires? (DOT vs. slicks?).
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Protein Filled

Tires are one factor, but there is a lot more than that. In Superbike, you can do many modifications to the motor to make more hp, as well as changing the suspension, wheels, etc. It just seems that most people that ride in Superbike are running supersport prepped bikes and a real fast supersport rider can make up for missing horsepower.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

YTAK_Racing

Hey edgar.  I went Ice Racing/Riding yesterday up in Wisconsin with jesse and about 20 of thier ama flat track buddies.  Holy SH!T was that a blast.

Im looking for a cr250 right now.  Soon I'll be saying things like "hey der" "yaaa".

YTAK

TreyBone

Lightweight Supersport
Lightweight Superbike
GT Lights
Heavyweight Sportsman
Lightweight GP
Supertwins

If your bike is built (motor) then you would not be legal for LW supersport.

Protein Filled

QuoteHey edgar.  I went Ice Racing/Riding yesterday up in Wisconsin with jesse and about 20 of thier ama flat track buddies.  Holy SH!T was that a blast.

Hi Ytak,

Same here. Tommy, Steve Johnson, Gary Carter and about 12 others from around here went riding yesterday. We had 20 bikes, 12 of them were small bikes that were fairly even, so we would get into these wicked battles out there. It was so much fun, the only thing was that it was warming up, so the ice was melting and there were puddles everywhere, so if you crashed you would get soaked to the bone. We are going out again on the 1st of the year. I am so beat up today, I can hardly move...
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

I need to talk to Jesse to make a date when we should go there. Maybe around the CCS banquet time may work so we don't have to drive down there so much...

YTAK_Racing

it was melting bad by us also.  When you put your foot out you sprayed water all over your self.

I bought a YZ426F.   I'm picking it up this Sunday.

Talk to you soon

Y

Dawn

QuoteHey edgar.  I went Ice Racing/Riding yesterday up in Wisconsin with jesse and about 20 of thier ama flat track buddies.  Holy SH!T was that a blast.

Im looking for a cr250 right now.  Soon I'll be saying things like "hey der" "yaaa".

YTAK

So YTAK - you think we talk funny up here in Wisconsin - Do ya?

Well der' den....  We'll show ya how its really done up in Cheesehead land.  

Dawn   ;)

TZDeSioux

Quoteit was melting bad by us also.  When you put your foot out you sprayed water all over your self.

I bought a YZ426F.   I'm picking it up this Sunday.

Talk to you soon

Y

This freaking guy buys motorcycles like I buy DVD movies... >:(

YTAK_Racing

Protein Filled