News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Hero- THIS Fourm! Zero-CCS Website

Started by FUBAR606, December 29, 2002, 09:29:14 AM

FUBAR606

Like most of you, I am eagerly awaiting the first green flag of the '03 season to fall. And, I am sure also like most of you, I am feeding my addiction by doing everything I can in the off season to be prepared and stay informed (Be honest, how many times lately have you invisioned going into turn one at your favorite track, or thought about how to get a better start...I'm right there with you.)

In the past few weeks I have seen a lot of topics about the '03 season gobbled up by fellow racers starved for racing information. I applaud this forum and the people who operate it (Shawn) for providing a venue that offers such an effective line of communications. I also applaud Tiffiney and Kevin for staying in touch with the CCS racers through this board. And lastly, I applaud the forum members for not only making the forum not only entertaining, but more often than not, relevant to the reason why we are all even here. Even though I will probably never meet most of you, I feel like I know a lot of you!

Before I really knew much about this forum, I asked Tiffiney, via email, a month or so ago about the '03 schedule. I found it strange that she told me to look for it to be posted here. I would have thought she would have told me to look for it on the CCS website. But after being here for a few weeks, I can see why this is the place to get CCS information in near real time and why Tiffiney pointed me to the board.

With all of that said, why do we even have a website??? For the most part, it seems useless. It is not updated in a timely manner, and pertinent information is not provided, or is inaccurate. Do any of our registration funds go towards website maintenance? I certainly hope not! >:( I would love to see us be able to register for races online through a secure server, but I doubt that will ever happen if it is based on our current level of website maintenance/development, despite the fact the technology is readily available.

Hero: RaceMotorcycles.com!  :) :) :) :) :)
Zero: CCSracing.com  :P :P :P :P :P

EX#996

Yep I agree....

However, I believe that some of the problem lies with the webhosting company that they use.  If I remember a former post by Tiffiney, they are looking for an new one.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

FUBAR606

QuoteHowever, I believe that some of the problem lies with the webhosting company that they use.  If I remember a former post by Tiffiney, they are looking for an new one.

I seem to recall Tiffiney mentioning something about that as well. That being assumed, all the more reason CCS licensed racers should kick a little dust about the usefullness of the website that represents us and our sport. I am sure there is a part of every dollar we send to CCS that goes towards that website. That being the case, we have a vested interest and right to demand better service/representation.

Although I am not a marketing genius, or any type of genius for that matter, I would think the more effective, relevant, and updated the website is the more support our sport (and CCS) would receive.

For example, if I were to contact a potential "out-of-industry" sponsor and they wanted to learn more about the sport their dollar is being asked to go towards and I sent them to the CCS site as a reference, I doubt they would click off with a feeling we had our act together as an industry. Although a sponsorship will never be solely based on a sanctioning body's website, in this day and age of money being tight it would be beneficial if we could count on the organization we race with to help us help ourselves, and the sport through professional representation.

I think there is so much more that could be done, but simply isn't being done. It's the attention to details that make a difference.

Somebody please hide my soap box...  ;D

ysr612

I have to aggree most racing org websites are all show and no go.  I must say the only org website worth a flip is wera.  

that said this site is great as is Jesters' for the cmra.  

what we do not need for a site is graphics that take forever to load, most racers just want the facts from the site.

Gixxer124

The only reason I go to the CCS website, is to download pre-entry forms. Other than that its useless. :( :(

FUBAR606

The only really useful thing on the CCS website is the link to this board!

I personally think this board should somehow be sanctioned as "official."

Shawn-Is there any way of setting up a "read only" section for the "unofficial" updating of each region's points.

Tiffiney- Would you (could you) partake in something like that if it were available?

...just a thought ;D

Admin

Thank you for the kind words.  I missed the ability to talk about racing with CCS racers during the week (not just the weekends), so started this board to allow people to do just that.  

The CCS folks have been very helpful in getting the board going, even though they don't officially support it.  They had a "fan forum" link prior to this board existing, but it didn't go anywhere...so I gave them a place to link it to.

I've been very happy with the progress of the board and with the quality of people who visit it regularly.  I'm glad it gives a forum for the CCS officials to get information out in a timely manner as well...although only a small subset of the racers know it exists.

I'm always looking for ways to improve the site and the ability for other racers to learn about it, so please don't hesitate to send me an email or post any ideas you may have.

Shawn

FUBAR606

Shawn,

The kind words are well deserved. I think it is great you took it upon yourself to organized and implement such a project.

You may notice I started a poll to see if there is a population consensis on having results and standings displayed here. Providing it is doable, and has CCS support and buy in.

Maybe a box of chocolates to Tiffiney and a box of umm cigars to Kevin can get some sort of mention of the board in the newsletter. I think more CCS racers should know this board exists. It really was sort of by accident I found it, but better late than never!

Kindest regards...