News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Need new racer info please.

Started by MightyDuc Racing, December 28, 2002, 01:54:17 PM

MightyDuc Racing

I finally got my racebike, a Ducati 944, and will be looking to do my first track day and also to get licensed asap.  I am gonna have leathers very soon and be ready to go.  I was hoping ya'll can give me some info, school suggestions and dates, etc.  Like how do I find out if a number is available and apply for it if it is?  I was hoping for #298 which was my number when I dirt tracked as a kid.  Also, I am looking into the rules for which classes to race the bike in.  Any recommendations other than Supertwins?  Thanks in advance!

Bryan  
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

GPgofast

Unlimited GP, GTO, GTU, Heavyweight SS and Superbike, Unlimited SS and Superbike, Middleweight SS and Superbike, Middleweight GP, Heavyweight Sportsman. I am not an expert on the Supersport class rules on induction, but I beleive air cooled twins are excluded from the stock induction rules and engine modification if the bike is built prior to 1994.  Must use stock wheels, brakes, unmodified frames for Supersport though...Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I think the bike can race more classes than you will be able to afford...lol. GP

r1owner

QuoteI think the bike can race more classes than you will be able to afford...lol. GP

HEHEHE!!!!  You got that right!!!

oldguy

Continuing that thought; Can a newbie without a race license YET, join CCS, apply for a license prior to a race school, pick a class(s) and pre-register for a race (when the forms are out), get a number and be ready to hit the track in the spring? I think that's also part of his question (and mine too).
Thanks

r1owner

QuoteContinuing that thought; Can a newbie without a race license YET, join CCS, apply for a license prior to a race school, pick a class(s) and pre-register for a race (when the forms are out), get a number and be ready to hit the track in the spring? I think that's also part of his question (and mine too).
Thanks

Hmm... AFAIK, you cannot apply for a racing license without some sort of school, or previous racing experience.

You CAN, take a school on Friday (if offered), or Saturday, and then race the very next day.

MightyDuc Racing

The bike has a custom built frame, so I think I'm out on Supersport.  As far as the unlimited superbike stuff, I think I'd get run over...lol.  I was looking at the rules, and I think I will probably concentrate on GTU and Supertwins, with a few races in the middleweight superbike.  Thanks for the info.  By the way, I know you can apply for a number assignment in WERA if they know you are gonna be taking the school and joining...not sure about the CCS though.  Thanks again!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

chris_chops

What has been done to bike other than the frame? I have time for details and I raced a two-valver last year.  I can give you a good idea how well matched the bike will be if you tell me the mods.

Matt (chris chops) Carr
CCS GL EX#150

MightyDuc Racing

I am still getting all the info from the previous owner.  I know it was built by Bruce at BCM for the AMA Pro Thunder series, and actually finished top 10 at Daytona once I think.  It is bored to 944, has 41mm flat slides, knive and
balanced crank , corrillo rods, dual plug heads , bcm flowed heads, lightened flywheel, racetech suspension, very light and seems extremely fast.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteContinuing that thought; Can a newbie without a race license YET, join CCS, apply for a license prior to a race school, pick a class(s) and pre-register for a race (when the forms are out), get a number and be ready to hit the track in the spring? I think that's also part of his question (and mine too).
Thanks

I don't believe that you can do this in CCS and may not want to either. I took my school at the end of the season without ever racing. The next year I pre-entered my first ever event early and ended up on the front row (after all, I was one of the fastest guys in my racing school class). I then got the wake-up call at the start of the race and ended up getting passed by more than half the grid in the first couple laps.
   Some people can run up front in their very first race, I was not one of those people. More people than not will fall into the catagory of getting a wake-up call in their very first race. After that I started in the back intentionally and concentrated on passing other people and my racing lines. This was my experience and may not be yours.
   Good luck!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

chris_chops

QuoteI am still getting all the info from the previous owner.  I know it was built by Bruce at BCM for the AMA Pro Thunder series, and actually finished top 10 at Daytona once I think.  It is bored to 944, has 41mm flat slides, knive and
balanced crank , corrillo rods, dual plug heads , bcm flowed heads, lightened flywheel, racetech suspension, very light and seems extremely fast.
This bike should be very competitve in heavyweight sportsman, competitive in supertwins(not quite a 4-valver), mid-pack in mw superbike and gtu, and in my opinion legal for anything a built sv is--but don't hold your breath on that last one.

Matt