News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

AMATEUR UPGRADES

Started by TiffineyIngram, December 17, 2002, 10:35:56 AM

bikerider30

Just kidding Dave.  Two races whether you are fast or not is not alot of time out there.  Winning the Amateur class is WAY different than dicing with 5 or more guys every corner.  Stay AM and if your fast you will be racing with the experts after the first lap anyways.  :o

Can't wait to get out there!

Dusty #30 Southwest

Decreasing_Dave

Yeah there's no way I want to go expert this year.  That's right Eddie, I'm chicken ....see?

For the rest of you guys, before I'm flamed to death, it really has been only 2 race weekends for me.  I got my speed from the street, beating up on the locals.  This track thing is really different.  On the street, you don't have to worry about hitting the same lines over and over, because you won't see that corner again until next weekend. ;D

Bumping plastic/fiberglass on the street is bad juju.  On the track, it's ALMOST a requirement. :o

I have a lot to learn

Litespeed

Can someone please get him an icon of a chicken picking cherries?  

the_weggie_man

Believe it or not, as race director I one time bumped a guy from am to ex in one day.  I don't recall his name right off hand but he smoked everyone in am on Saturday, I mean ran away from them, so he was an ex on Sunday. No am had a chance against this guy and he was not licensed anywhere else, a street rider.

The guy raced all of two seasons and disappeared. Never heard of him again. Went boat racing or some nonsense.

So yeah, if someone goes out and kicks butt on two weekends he obviously knows his way around a race track and maybe should be expert.

Just watch where you spit those seeds after you pick 'em.

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteSo yeah, if someone goes out and kicks butt on two weekends he obviously knows his way around a race track and maybe should be expert.

I watch a lot of races on TV.  The coverage on Speed is amazing.  You'd be suprised what you could learn. ;D ;D ;D

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteCan someone please get him an icon of a chicken picking cherries?  

Hey Litespeed,

Didn't I see your name on the expert list???
 ;D

Litespeed

Yeah, unfortunately I saw it there too.  But i'm going to go race with a different organizatoin so that I can ignore it.  Actually I just sent in for my USGPRU license and went ahead and got the expert status.  I will probably finish last in every race but at least I won't be called a cherrypicker....cherrypicker.

Speedballer347

Quote...but at least I won't be called a cherrypicker....cherrypicker.
I think you have to be winning to get that monicker ;D
I'm just clowning w/ ya Litespeed ;) 8)

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

the_weggie_man

Dave, if you can learn roadracing watching TV, more power to ya, you should be an expert.

sdiver68

<----------- Thanks for the idea :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

wera331

so, if you win a championship,or have 500 pts. you get upgraded? is this in any classes?even small ones?

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quoteso, if you win a championship,or have 500 pts. you get upgraded? is this in any classes?even small ones?

Well... Yes and no.  CCS will automaticly try to raise you to expert the instant you earn 500 points.  I've never thought this to be fair at face value, but it's starting to make more sense to me now.  If a guy can earn 500 points in Middleweight, he's either good or racing constantly to become good.  A petition will allow CCS to look at hs situation and decide which it is.  You are allowed to petition to stay amateur.  For a guy who raced a tiny class like lightweight sportsman or the 125 class, it would be possible to finish third to fifth in every race, and still be 30 seconds off the pace.  A guy like this could show up more often than anyone else in the class, earn 1000 points,  and wind up champion!  That's where the petition comes in.
Last year I petitioned and was granted a reprieve.  I had more than 500 points, but had never finished higher than tenth.  I was 10 seconds off a good amateur, and 15 seconds off the best experts.  Reprieve in hand, and knowing that it would be my last amateur year, I went all out.  I built a wicked superbike right to the edge of the rules, invested in tires, and  the took Visionsports school.  My efforts were rewarded, and now my punishment is to turn expert.  For me, the system worked exactly the way it should.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com