AMATEUR UPGRADES

Started by TiffineyIngram, December 17, 2002, 10:35:56 AM

Eric Kelcher

Guys!  Geez, it's just the list of people who earned 500 points or more.  Yes, all of you have been bumped up, but you have one year to petition to stay amateur.  However, if you were an amateur in 2001, were bumped up for the 2002 season and petitioned to stay amateur, you MUST move up to the amateur level.  I know there is some argument to how this selection is done, but it is in the rulebook this way, and just like y'all do, I have to go by what it says.

:-/
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Speedballer347

I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna :(

Who's got the phone number for WERA? :-*
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

StuartV666

QuoteWho's got the phone number for WERA? :-*

I think the WERA rule book says you are required to notify them if you have EX status with CCS. In which case, they'll probably bump you up, too.

I suppose you could "forget" to tell them and race as an WERA NV anyway, but they might not treat you too nicely if you did that and one of your competitors reported your CCS EX status to them after you've been racing as a WERA NV.

- Stu

r6_philly

QuoteI think the WERA rule book says you are required to notify them if you have EX status with CCS. In which case, they'll probably bump you up, too.

I suppose you could "forget" to tell them and race as an WERA NV anyway, but they might not treat you too nicely if you did that and one of your competitors reported your CCS EX status to them after you've been racing as a WERA NV.

- Stu

Interesting, what if you don't renew your CCS license, and just present your AM license to WERA and get their Novice license? Techinically you are not an EX because you did not obtain that classification because you did not buy your license for 2003.

I don't have that problem and will be an Expert nontheless in '04, but I know of a few friends who wants to go to WERA and race NV, because they already petitioned for '02

so we take the season points from '01, and see who already petitioned to stay down, the rest from the above list would be the super AM of 2004 :D

Peanut

It's ridiculous to run to WERA just to stay Am.  If you are being bumped for the 2nd year in a row, then you should be EX. period.

I know a few who are trying that crap, I'm sure Sean over @ WERA would be interested to know the deal as well.

BTW..I personally was all set to stay am in my 2nd year, but now I'm not sure.  

Ned Brown "Peanut"
Am #298 EX??

Speedballer347

QuoteIt's ridiculous to run to WERA just to stay Am.  If you are being bumped for the 2nd year in a row, then you should be EX. period.

I know a few who are trying that crap, I'm sure Sean over @ WERA would be interested to know the deal as well.

BTW..I personally was all set to stay am in my 2nd year, but now I'm not sure.  

Ned Brown "Peanut"
Am #298 EX??
5-1/2 weekends (all at the same track) in two years don't make an expert :-*
Anyway, the first time they tried to bump me after 3 weekends was crap!
And Peanut, my WERA comment was a joke ::)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Peanut

Quote5-1/2 weekends (all at the same track) in two years don't make an expert :-*
Anyway, the first time they tried to bump me after 3 weekends was crap!
And Peanut, my WERA comment was a joke ::)
I know you were joking, but it does happen...

bikerider30

Yeski, stop your whining.  In two races your lap times are only a couple seconds off the top experts.  Get those plates whitened out so we can pick on you  ;)

Dusty

Decreasing_Dave

Hey Dusty,

I was wondering when you would chime in.

I think that the lap timer you loaned me was rigged. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Honestly, my times were varying as much as 1.4 seconds within 10 laps.  And I know I wasn't hittng my marks everytime.  A little more practice is required (beating up on amatures?)  Besides, think of how fast I could be if I do finally hit those marks. ;D ;D ;D

Admit it, you just want me in the expert class so that you can beat the hell out of me. >:( ;)

james-redsv

I thought the best way to get faster was to race with people who are faster than you. All the cherry pickers quit whining and turn EX. I personally would turn EX if my times were within a sec or two of the EX so my learning would not stagnate.

Eddie#200

Dave you are such a chicken! ;D

L8Brakr155

i dunno what all the whining is about just get out there and race !!!!!

nuff said.     :o
next    ;D