Which track would you prefer for the ROC on October 15-17, 2010

Heartland Park-Topeka
97 (60.2%)
Hometead-Miami Speedway
64 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

YellowRacer

Will the dates remand the same, even though the races are not being held at Daytona?
CCS #131 AM

How do they do it?
Why do they do it?
Riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning
And always faster, and faster, and faster!
     - Faster

Ducmarc

this supposed to be the race of the year,but either track is just another race  homestead is closer but the walls and little run off are my issue . and you have to watch your shit like a hawk. never been to HPt but but seems like it is a track you go to to get points at like CMP. not travel 1200 miles for a championship.  judging from the turnout last year we could all fit in jennings   with only one race there this year and a little closer for the northerners that's where i'd go. but the So. FL boys even complain about that. (execpt Greg, its tattooed on the back of his head) hell it saves me money now i don't have to build a new daytona motor this year. i can let it all sit in the corner till march. when i think about what track i'd drive 1200 miles to for a cup i think about VIR barber mid ohio road america  road atlanta  maybe new jersey  and a leg strecher laguna seca  but homestead or some place in kansas .  come on only the locals will show up for either race and outside attendance will suck.

MELK-MAN

LOL.. i have only been to Jennings a few times Mark!!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

bwebb43

Homestead , Would be the best place for ROC because of the weather not Topeka yes it is far for a lot of people but so is Daytona . It is very nice down here in OCT . So my vote would be Homestead .
Life , Taking one corner at a time .

tstruyk

almost 2-1 in favor of Topeka...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Ducmarc

greg i know you are the all time lap count record holder there especially since markie brown retired

sasrocks

Well at least the AMA came to HPT last year. More than Jennings or Homestead will ever see. Granted the track promoted it - not- and attendance sucked. But it's not some crap layout in a farmers field (see MAM).

wirehairs2

I was in a gas station close to forbes field and the track buying ice for my cooler at one of the ccs rounds last year. There was a small poster in the window "Tornado Nationals  buy your tickets here" (AMA races), I asked the clerks if they were selling many and they did not know anything about it. They were more excited about the stock car races the next weekend. Promotion is everything but they did not do it well.

With that said  I vote for Topeka, it will give the GP region one more race this season!

drew231506

To freakin far for me.  Id be out for either destination.
CCS Expert# 13

crossroads425

vote for miami atleast i got family there that I can visit

Daytona is waaaaay too far but we will race the 2010 ROC if it goes to Topeka!   :cheers:

VILLA 132

Let's do the race at Laguna or Miller....(those are tracks), my vote Homestead, I have raced both and Topeka, like mr Mladin, Pietri, The Hacker, and other riders that didnt race the AMA round said , its dangerous..... So my vote is Homestead, I think those guys that have won "some" champioships in The AMA now what their are talking about.
CCS FLORIDA # 132
SANTIAGO VILLA