Heartland Park-Topeka
97 (60.2%)
Hometead-Miami Speedway
64 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

hdpromos

Quote from: SnacktimeKC on June 22, 2010, 12:14:47 AM
The poser is going to be the guy who brags about getting a national championship at homestead. SE championship, sure but it ain't going to be "national" this year. To Jack's point, I'd be more than happy to wager $100.00 to the RRW action fund that the winners from Homestead couldn't podium at Texas World. -Snack

I've taken $100. bills from "suckers" like you before! So I'll be more than happy to take a $100. from you too! :cheers:

HD

Gino230

Homestead is a world class facility, it will be a great ROC.

I'm sure Topeka is great, but If you think the ROC would be bigger at Topeka, call Kevin Elliot and try to get him to schedule next year's race there.

We all know most of the members on the forum are from outside the SE region, nobody even knew there was a poll until someone mentioned it on the Jennings Forum, which is where most of the SE riders post, a week before the poll closed.

Again, I think if you WERE planning to attend ROC at Daytona and make the XXX mile drive to South Florida, I don't think an extra 2 hours is going to cause you not to go to the ROC at all- you'll save the extra gas money in cheaper hotels alone! Plus, no shennanigans from the HOG riders!

Yeah Yeah, we know, your region is the fastest and that's where all the REAL riders are. All I've got to say is this:

Barrett Long finished top 10 in back-to-back AMA Superbike races this year at Road Atlanta.....who was in the top 10 from your club?

CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

SnacktimeKC

I'm sure Homestead will be a fine event but you can't blame us for being a little jaded. We played by the rules, voted, won the vote (decisively), and got shafted.
There are a lot of people in the MW and GP regions that share Jacks sentiment. It's gotten a lot better since Kevin took over from clear channel but it's decisions like this that leave us scratching our heads feeling jaded again. When we do make the trip to CMRA events the staff and Texas regulars are always thankful for us making the trip etc.

Quote from: Gino230 on June 22, 2010, 04:14:59 PM

Barrett Long finished top 10 in back-to-back AMA Superbike races this year at Road Atlanta.....who was in the top 10 from your club?

You really don't want to make this argument with CMRA folks. Because names like Schwantz, Edwards, Spies, Eslick, Wesby, McDonald, etc tend to come up.
Yet another reason to be disappointed the ROC is not in Topeka, we would have had a chance to see what club did what. -Snack

hdpromos

Quote from: SnacktimeKC on June 22, 2010, 05:11:39 PM
I'm sure Homestead will be a fine event but you can't blame us for being a little jaded. We played by the rules, voted, won the vote (decisively), and got shafted.
There are a lot of people in the MW and GP regions that share Jacks sentiment. It's gotten a lot better since Kevin took over from clear channel but it's decisions like this that leave us scratching our heads feeling jaded again. When we do make the trip to CMRA events the staff and Texas regulars are always thankful for us making the trip etc.

You really don't want to make this argument with CMRA folks. Because names like Schwantz, Edwards, Spies, Eslick, Wesby, McDonald, etc tend to come up.
Yet another reason to be disappointed the ROC is not in Topeka, we would have had a chance to see what club did what. -Snack

So Snacktime you "played by the rules", I guess you just want to ignore what Kevin said when he put the poll up? You say things are better since Kevin took over and then you ridicule him for a business decision that no matter which way he went, it was going to make some people mad. You share Jack's sentiment, even though he has never been to a ROC! :ass: And you tell us how thankful the CMRA staff is to their riders! Well that's just great, as I know many of the CMRA staff and they are good people. But so are the CCS staff and their appreciation for the riders that compete in their series. You come on here and make it appear that CCS racers are not appreciated by the staff that works their events! :wtf:
You talk about the stars that have come out of CMRA. And that cannot be denied. But the same can be said for the many that have come through the CCS ranks. However, Gino was talking about current CMRA and CCS riders. And that is a different story.
I think we can all understand that you are upset that the ROC is not going to be in your area. If it had gone the other way, the riders from regions closer to Homestead would not be happy with that decision either. So why don't you and your CMRA buddies come down to Homestead for the ROC and back up all the talk. If you don't want to do that than why don't you stop bashing CCS and crying "sour grapes"? :whine:

HD

MELK-MAN

.. What he said..
but some may have overlooked the fact the results of the poll would for sure determine the venue. That was stated right away. Also, in talking with some CCS staff and those that are familiar with KS weather, it could be nice or it could just as likely be friggin COLD. If it even so much as looked like it would be miserable weather many more riders would likely not show. Between keeping DIS folks happy running the event and one of the DIS group tracks, as well as the only other choice KS, it was just the more prudent decision (at least that is my opinion). The poll could very well influence FUTURE ROC events as some have pointed out.
No way that either decision would have made everyone happy.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

smoke54

on another note:  is there any camping at the Homestead track?  similar to Daytona?  i read the Homestead Track info that no paddock camping and that they have RV slots but i don't want to pay for that and sleep in a tent.
thx,
tim

sasrocks

Quote from: hdpromos on June 22, 2010, 06:18:09 PM
So Snacktime you "played by the rules", I guess you just want to ignore what Kevin said when he put the poll up? You say things are better since Kevin took over and then you ridicule him for a business decision that no matter which way he went, it was going to make some people mad. You share Jack's sentiment, even though he has never been to a ROC! :ass: And you tell us how thankful the CMRA staff is to their riders! Well that's just great, as I know many of the CMRA staff and they are good people. But so are the CCS staff and their appreciation for the riders that compete in their series. You come on here and make it appear that CCS racers are not appreciated by the staff that works their events! :wtf:
You talk about the stars that have come out of CMRA. And that cannot be denied. But the same can be said for the many that have come through the CCS ranks. However, Gino was talking about current CMRA and CCS riders. And that is a different story.
I think we can all understand that you are upset that the ROC is not going to be in your area. If it had gone the other way, the riders from regions closer to Homestead would not be happy with that decision either. So why don't you and your CMRA buddies come down to Homestead for the ROC and back up all the talk. If you don't want to do that than why don't you stop bashing CCS and crying "sour grapes"? :whine:

HD

Better yet, why dont you and the sunshine boys quit sticking a stick in it, STHU and have your Havana Invitational Regional Championship. The rest of the country (i.e. paying CCS customers) you continue to piss off by unneccesarily  stirring the pot, (CCS HQ has got to appreciate that) could really give a shiot. We'll turn the page and vote with our dollars.

roadracer162

Tim, I've seen many camp outside the gates but I am not sure how to go about that. I would suggest calling Henry DeGouw and maybe he can help with that info.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

roadracer162

Quote from: sasrocks on June 22, 2010, 07:06:39 PM
Better yet, why dont you and the sunshine boys quit sticking a stick in it, STHU and have your Havana Invitational Regional Championship.

So why does it have to get racist now? I'm not Hispanic and I wasn't born here, but instead I chose to become a US citizen. I am damn proud to have made that decision.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

hdpromos

Well now Mr. Sasrocks, looks to me like you not only need to go back to school to brush up on your english but I think you could use an advanced class in manners! You seem to be lacking miserably in both! :spank:

HD

SnacktimeKC

HP,
Yes we did play by the rules and won the vote. What might have helped in many of the GP and MW riders eyes, would have been a little bit more info? If there would have been a statement that CCS got the track for free, wanted to stay in good with the NASCAR folks, were too concerned about the weather etc. that might have helped. But, on the surface it seemed CCS asked us riders for input, then made a decision that was contrary to said input.

In regards to my statement that CMRA officials thanking us for making long trips and racing with them I can only tell you this. In the maybe 6-8 events that I raced with them they made a point to thank me 3 times. In the five years I've raced with CCS it's never happened. To include many trips to RA, Barber, and Daytona. Again, many of the MW and GP racers I know share my opinion.  That said, I have confidence that it will get better and Kevin is addressing the problem.

CMRA has the world championships, AMA championships, let alone many of the AMA horizon awards. They don't need to prove anything to anybody. So, as I said I'll be a Texas World with my $100.00 for RRW air fence fund on the line, and between you and me I'll bet you a cold beer. -Snack

Ducmarc

so are the garages going to be free like a regular weekend or are we going to have to pay?     one of the reasons to go to homestead might be spectator attendance. there is probably 5 millon people within 50 miles of the track and that might be low. on regular weekend casual attendance seems to always be higher there than in the other fla tracks including daytona. i was actually thinking about going to HTP.since homestead is about 7 hrs from the house. but homestead does have some advantages if its promoted right , spectators, hotels, garages,cuban food  one of the best hospitals in the country, and the fla keys 20 min's away. bring your fishing rod. now i'm not saying topeaka dosen't have these things but i'm sure they took some of them in consideration.  i personally wanted atlanta or VIR