Heartland Park-Topeka
97 (60.2%)
Hometead-Miami Speedway
64 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

Jack_Brock

Quote from: hdpromos on June 21, 2010, 07:23:20 PM

Except there's no National Championship trophies at Texas World!

HD

It is a hell of a lot harder to win a race against the CMRA fast guys, so I never bothered with ROC.  If trophies mean something to you, go to Florida.  If you want to see how you really stack up against the best club racers in the country, go to Texas World or any other CMRA event for that matter.  For anybody that is going to hate-kiss my ass!  The fast CCS/ASRA guys have been to Texas and lost!
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

hdpromos

Quote from: Jack_Brock on June 21, 2010, 09:37:51 PM
It is a hell of a lot harder to win a race against the CMRA fast guys, so I never bothered with ROC.  If trophies mean something to you, go to Florida.  If you want to see how you really stack up against the best club racers in the country, go to Texas World or any other CMRA event for that matter.  For anybody that is going to hate-kiss my ass!  The fast CCS/ASRA guys have been to Texas and lost!

You obviously don't know what you speak of, as you have never even been to a ROC. I guess you heard it from a good source, huh? I've never heard any of my friends at CMRA talk like that, so you must be a "poser"!

HD

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

I was actually looking forward to a possibility of racing the CCS / ROC for once since 1995 if it was at Heartland.

Looks like I won't be attending.
Honestly that sucks with it being at Homestead.

Heartland would have been great......
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

backMARKr

Quote from: hdpromos on June 21, 2010, 10:02:23 PM

You obviously don't know what you speak of, as you have never even been to a ROC. I guess you heard it from a good source, huh? I've never heard any of my friends at CMRA talk like that, so you must be a "poser"!

HD

I have no dog in this fight.....but Jack is definitely not a poser.
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: racer880 on June 21, 2010, 03:35:27 PMThe ROC  usually has 750 to 1500 entries.

ENTRIES is the key word in that statement!

How many racers does that actually mean?
It's certainly not 1500 racers!

Since I started racing in 1996 I've never been to a riders meeting that had 500 racers attending it - even the 2000+ entry Road America event. Some racers will only run 1 or 2 classes at the ROC, a lot will run 3 to 6 classes, and others will run 7 to 10+ classes - but if you average out the total entries by the number of racers it would probably turn out each racer ran something like 5 classes (5 entries). So if you take that suggested 1500 entries and divided it by 5 entries per racer average, that's 300 racers - respectively with 750 entries that would probably average out to about 150 Racers.

So as I mentioned before:

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on June 21, 2010, 02:53:44 PM....the 161 votes in the poll is probably one hell of alot closer to the actual number of racers that may attend.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Jack_Brock

Quote from: hdpromos on June 21, 2010, 10:02:23 PM

HD

Poser?  Interesting.  Good source?  Yeah, its called results and I've found them every year in RRW.  I've raced a lot of the guys in the results as well as the people with CMRA.  I am not currently a CMRA member, so my previous post is only my opinion and just that.  I've won quite a few novice and expert races with CCS and 1 novice race with CMRA.  Guess which one I am most proud of?  Why?  Because there was a large grid with good competition which is something CCS typically doesn't have, even at the ROC in a number of classes.  I know of races where 2 or 3 guys started the race and one is a national champion, really?  I'll admit I'm not a CCS fan which is due to my experiences over the years, but I don't feel that is affecting my judgement on which clubs have the best competition,  The recent crop of sucessful Pro riders appears to have mostly come from WERA, CMRA, and a few other orgs, but not CCS, am I missing something?  Lastly, Henry, aren't you the CCS Florida boss, any bias there?  
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

SnacktimeKC

Quote from: hdpromos on June 21, 2010, 07:23:20 PM

Except there's no National Championship trophies at Texas World!

HD

The poser is going to be the guy who brags about getting a national championship at homestead. SE championship, sure but it ain't going to be "national" this year. To Jack's point, I'd be more than happy to wager $100.00 to the RRW action fund that the winners from Homestead couldn't podium at Texas World. -Snack

d-wire

You guys are nuts thinkin the winners from Homestead couldn't podium at Texas.  Who is fast at Texas? I think Ty Howard and those guys right?  They are fast as hell....but so is Jeff Wood, Eric Wood, Michael Barnes, and Pietri.....all regulars at Homestead.  There will be plenty of fast guys from other regions coming to Homestead as well.

I'm not discounting guys in Texas.....cause I don't sit around talking shit about people I haven't seen race....maybe you should try it....just sayin.
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

roadracer162

Quote from: Jack_Brock on June 21, 2010, 11:40:38 PM
 I am not currently a CMRA member, so my previous post is only my opinion and just that.  I'll admit I'm not a CCS fan which is due to my experiences over the years, but I don't feel that is affecting my judgement on which clubs have the best competition,  

So do you have a CCS license and do you still compete with CCS even though you are not a fan? If the answer is no then why are you in this conversation? If you are a CCS racer then you have the right to your opinion but it doesn't mean you are correct-valid argument but not necessarily correct.

I don't bash other organizations regions or racers because this is club racing and there are fast guys and girls everywhere. What I do know is there have been some very fast dudes that have raced all the organizations, I would guess to test all comers within a race. I hope to one day venture out of my neighborhood and race with other folks just to see how I stack up, but it is still good competition for me.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

racer880

Texas World is a nice track,did a few AMA Nationals back in the 80s and early 90s.There are good riders all over the country,however the ROC is in Homsted which is a great facility for a Championship race.Florida is a great region because it draws a national and International field .Fast riders from North and South America show up. Alot of riders look forward to comming to florida in the winter.Homested is actually a better track for this race than Daytona because it is a riders track rather than a horsepower track and is much easier on equipment.It is  going to be a great event see you there.

Jack_Brock

I think I had a few too many beers last night :biggrin:

I really like the guys I've met racing with CCS(the MW and GP guys in particular) and there is definitely some talent.  I've just experienced way too much stupid from the organization over the years and it has left a bad taste.  I'm not alone and I think this is a reason why some people travel further to race with other orgs or don't race.  The fall out is the grids aren't as full as they probably should be.  This poll is just another case in point.  The point has been made, but I'll hit it again.  Daytona is obviously the tradition, but since it has too be somewhere else, why not go with a more centralized track so the rest of the country will show up?
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

hdpromos

Quote from: Jack_Brock on June 21, 2010, 11:40:38 PM
 I'll admit I'm not a CCS fan which is due to my experiences over the years, but I don't feel that is affecting my judgement on which clubs have the best competition,  The recent crop of sucessful Pro riders appears to have mostly come from WERA, CMRA, and a few other orgs, but not CCS, am I missing something?  Lastly, Henry, aren't you the CCS Florida boss, any bias there?  

I think your judgement is very suspect when it comes to your criticizm of CCS. And lastly, I am very biased when it comes to CCS, as I strongly support the organization and the way it is run. That is why I have been affiliated with them since 1987 and I'm proud of it!

HD