Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

LongDogRacing

gotta agree w/ mr. skiandclimb...

:(
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

SV88

It would be interesting to find out why it turned out to be Homestead - Guess CCS may have projected attendance differently than the poll, concerns about snow @ Topeka (yeah right) or simply cost.  I suspect that Homestead is cheaper than Topeka.

If CCS organized trailers from the midwest city (chicago-milwaukee-madison and kc/st. louis) with cheap group airfares down.....
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

motomaniac

well, at least now I know I can plan a new vacation now.
Ex#61

backMARKr

As much as I like to give Kuhn shit when he complains about something....gotta agree with him on this one.
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Speedballer347

I ain't driving to the end of the earth.  Maybe next year...
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

roadracer162

Maybe there should be an East and a West Championship where everyone can at least attend one of them. A national champ could be derived from a totaling of pints between the East and West. Someone that really wants the National could race both to guarantee good placement.

I would think that from a business angle it would be prudent to hold a race such as this based on projections of profit. Who would want to lose money on such an endeavor. Typically in the Florida grids at Homestead participation is pretty high. I am not sure how it compares to other places such as VIR. It seems more relavent to make that final race at VIR the ROC.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

skiandclimb

Well, it's officially official- http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?next=yes&article=40883

Funny- the article is dated for June 21st- tomorrow.

Kevin Elliot said in the article, "We wanted to have a similar venue to the Daytona experience." Really? Last i checked, Homestead was not Daytona, didn't have Daytona's layout, its history, etc. etc. Actually, from what I've heard/seen, Homestead isn't that great of a track at all.  So, Mr. Elliot, how is this a similar venue?  Or is the end result based on the desire for you to kick it in the sun at the end of the year?  Bikinis and Pina coladas and such?  Kinda feels like it. Funny, in the article, there was NO mention of HPT even being an alternative choice.  Was it really ever even a possibility?

A future suggestion- don't put up a poll, asking people their opinion, then flush said opinion down the shitter. I wonder how much our opinions TRULY matter to CCS.......2/3's majority would take the prize in any other matter. Guess not here, eh?

Jaded? Yup- a touch. But I know I'm not alone.

Well, the best thing I can say to anyone going is, good luck, ride safe and have fun. Enjoy your Championship.
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

SnacktimeKC

Might as well just call it the Florida Region championship. -Snack

Super Dave

Quote from: SV88 on June 20, 2010, 08:46:43 AM
It would be interesting to find out why it turned out to be Homestead - Guess CCS may have projected attendance differently than the poll, concerns about snow @ Topeka (yeah right) or simply cost.  I suspect that Homestead is cheaper than Topeka.

Well, DIS has been an integral part of CCS since its beginning in 1984.  I believe that DIS owns Homestead.
Super Dave

tstruyk

Quote from: Speedballer347 on June 20, 2010, 02:34:23 PM
I ain't driving to the end of the earth.  Maybe next year...

Dude you wont even drive to Topeka!  LOL
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

sasrocks

thats some pretty pathetic shit right there. :jerkoff:

Super Dave

Super Dave