News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2014 S/X season opener January 4

Started by DachshundUberAlles, December 19, 2013, 11:05:40 PM

DachshundUberAlles

Hello people. Just looking to try out my new account so I just wanted to see how many (if any) of you have an interest in the dirt racing in addition to your asphalt interests. I'm a long time fan of both M/X and S/X and since the S/X season will be kicking off right soon enough, if you do have an interest, who strikes you as the rider to beat this year? I've always been of the mind that it's hard to bet against the current Champion and Ryan Villopoto has certainly demonstrated that he has that "killer instinct" when it comes to a season long campaign though I do think a resurgent James Stewart would be good for the series.

Your thoughts?

LWT Racer

Eli Tomac has shown he can be faster then 450s on his 250.  I hope he can get use to the 450 and dominate. If Tomac is truly on his game, no one is faster.

I think Barcia will be very fast and could contest. I hope stewart can put it to everyone.

Sadly, I think it will be poto again if he doesn't get hurt.

Interesting to see how Reed does on the new kawi.  Last time he was on kawi it did not go so well.
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

DachshundUberAlles

I'm with you on Barcia. I was really nervous for the kid when he first rode the 450 because I figured he would try and ride it like a 250 but he really showed me something by taking the time to adapt to it. Tomac has a good head on his shoulders and has the body for a 450 and with his dad keeping him in the right state of mind, he has a chance to be a real player. It was a bummer to hear about Trey Canard suffering yet another injury. That kid is really cursed. Davi Millsaps will be a very interesting story this year given that his team has gone Orange and he hasn't been the least bit shy about his dislike for the KTM.

LWT Racer

Millsaps is out for A1 as well. He was so good on that suzuki last year.  He should have left rockstar and tried to find another ride on the RMZ.

If those 2 didn't get hurt the field would be stacked.  Poto, Dungy, Stewart, Barcia, Reed, Grant, Millsaps, Canard, Roczen, Tomac. 

If honda made a 350 like KTM, I think Tomac would take the title no problem. It's going to take Tomac a bit to get use to the 450. As we saw in Monster Cup he wasnt that good.  Took poto 2 years to get good on the 450.  Except for Dungy, Stewart and Reed, no one is that good rookie year in big bike class.

Barcia dominated the euro supercross races he entered in the past month or so. Looked so good. 
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

Motostu

Stuart Harper - CCS FL 36 EX

www.FlyRacing.com - www.EBCbrakes.com - www.LucasOil.com
www.MadSkillzCustoms.com - www.CallahanGraphicsAndSigns.com