3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

apriliaman

Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships

Gino230

Quote from: trace33chargers on December 05, 2013, 09:31:49 AM
It's a production street bike in Europe. SS rules calls for production machine in North America.

Ahhhh I stand corrected sir!
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

roadracer162

I know this thread have morphed into the lightweight class rules, and yeah it is old news that has been spoken about for a few years now. The lightweight rules haven't really changed, but it is the fact that Ducati built and air cooled motor that fits into the rules. Initially the 1200cc limitations I am sure was for the Harley. It just doesn't say push rod only.

I believe the SV and the air cooled 900 motor is a good match. Anyone can say, "but then there will be someone that will overbuild that model and be dominant".
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

leeroy996

Quote from: majicMARKer on December 17, 2013, 11:38:18 AM
I know this thread have morphed into the lightweight class rules, and yeah it is old news that has been spoken about for a few years now. The lightweight rules haven't really changed, but it is the fact that Ducati built and air cooled motor that fits into the rules. Initially the 1200cc limitations I am sure was for the Harley. It just doesn't say push rod only.

I believe the SV and the air cooled 900 motor is a good match. Anyone can say, "but then there will be someone that will overbuild that model and be dominant".
NZ/UK/AUS -  Ruling for Superlight is 750cc air cooled vs SV650.

roadracer162

The SV is much stronger than the air cooled motor that I ride.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

apriliaman

With all the twins there are riding around,when it comes to Super Twins class no one is racing it?????????
Why don't you just make a class called
Air cooled superbike--any bike any size engine
or
Ducati biker builders class
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships

roadracer162

I like the comparisons of the different makes, the different styles and how they fit with different riders. I prefer pitting my racing package against your racing package. You may spend more but that's ok by me. If I want to go faster then I will figure out a way to do so.

Funny thing I have observed is even though my FZR 600 may be faster, I am quicker on my Ducati 800. It is amazing to me that middleweight technology is what from yesterday(1991 FZR 600) is matched by today's entry level bike.

Would I like to continue racing my middleweight bike from yesterday twenty years later? Well yes. I am fortunate that at least their is Thunderbike and the sportsman class of lightweight formula 40. I know, you may say, "go buy a new competitive bike". My response then could be something like, " maybe we should only have four classes instead of the 20+ classes we already have.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

bruce71198

Simple, dont make the Lightweight class a dumping ground for bikes that become un competitive in the class they where intended to run in. If there is a middleweight bike that isn't competitive in its class (FZR600 for example) but is matched to something in a lighter class, allow it. The Duc is simply to much bike for the lightweight class. Maybe matching realistic horsepower to horsepower would be a better way to classify bikes rather than engine configurations.

Cowboy 6

Quote from: bruce71198 on December 21, 2013, 11:33:26 AM
Simple, dont make the Lightweight class a dumping ground for bikes that become un competitive in the class they where intended to run in. If there is a middleweight bike that isn't competitive in its class (FZR600 for example) but is matched to something in a lighter class, allow it........

I agree with the first part of what you said, but, you contradict yourself in the first two sentences.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

bruce71198

Ya I just read it again and it didn't convey my thoughts very well. I'll edit

bruce71198

Quote from: bruce71198 on December 21, 2013, 11:33:26 AM
Simple, dont make the Lightweight class a dumping ground for bikes that become un competitive in the class they where intended to run in. The Duc is simply to much bike for the lightweight class. Maybe matching realistic horsepower to horsepower would be a better way to classify bikes rather than engine configurations.