Suomy SPEC-1R

Positive and Negative Feedback appreciated... :thumb:

thanks
Mark S
MW AM #525
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Woofentino Pugrossi

Love mine. Fits me better than my old arai.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

dylanfan53

Ditto that.  Liked the Arai Quantam F, switched to a RX7 Corsair expecting at least the same or some improvement for the upgrade but found it very noisy and uncomfortable.  I tried the Suomy Spec 1R and love it.  Light, quiet, comfortable, crash tested last summer and it saved my brain.  If only Suomy made protection for the collarbone I'd have finished the season.  No question about it, I'll replace the Spec 1R with a new one.  I got a good price from Rob at Lithium Motorsports and I'll call him again this time. 
Don Cook
CCS #53

Super Dave

I liked the Gunwind Suomy helmet as much as the Arai's I had over time.  My first Arai was an F1.  Replaced my Gunwind with the Spec1R Suomy.  Very happy.
Super Dave

h2o_motorsports

The helmet fits very well but when at speed on faster tracks I have a problem with the front of the helmet wanting to lift up.  No its not because the helmet is to big.  Other than that it crashes well and the price is reasonable.  I had an Arai before and it was also very nice but way expensive.  I am going to run a Shoe next year so we'll see the difference.

Super Dave

I've heard that.  I haven't really had a big problem with that myself even at Daytona.

Regardless, the Spec1R Extreme has a different diffuser on the top that reduces the lift on the helmet.  I've used those now for a few years.
Super Dave

h2o_motorsports

Quote from: Super Dave on October 21, 2006, 01:17:23 PM
I've heard that.  I haven't really had a big problem with that myself even at Daytona.

Regardless, the Spec1R Extreme has a different diffuser on the top that reduces the lift on the helmet.  I've used those now for a few years.

I had a buddy that put the Extreme diffuser on the Spec 1R and it got rid of the lift on the helmet. 

Woofentino Pugrossi

I dont get lift on mine.

Then again my 750 HAS a working windscreen :biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

jer271

Hey guys Iam gonna start vending at the track next year instead of racing,   If anybodys interested in soumy helmets like the one in question or any other close out ones from last year-this year let me know just PM me.  All models are availible through me on an order basis as of now.

Thanx jeremy

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: jer271 on October 22, 2006, 01:25:00 AM
Hey guys Iam gonna start vending at the track next year instead of racing,   If anybodys interested in soumy helmets like the one in question or any other close out ones from last year-this year let me know just PM me.  All models are availible through me on an order basis as of now.

Thanx jeremy

Do they have a model you can use in cars? :biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

boo181

love mine....and yes they do crash well, T9 at MAM 2 years ago couple of flips and landed on my head. walked away, not even a headache