michelin geometry

Started by Gsxr2@@2, January 11, 2007, 02:37:15 PM

Gsxr2@@2

Hey guys this might be a stupid question but I just bought a 04 gsxr 600 and the geometry is set up for pirellis and i prefer michelin. what changes do i have to do to the bike to run the prc's any help would be awsome.

Kevin

Court Jester

i think just the ride hight just a wee bit. i think. if nothing else though, a wrong answer will get folks to pipe up with the right one. but i'm pretty sure that would be it.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Super Dave

You'll have to assume that your geometry was how you wanted it.

I think the rears are similar, but the PRC is shorter.  So, you might just drop your tubes a few mm to compensate. 

There is a Pirelli site that has that info, but I could never get it to work.

That only accounts for the static geometry.  The shape of the tire can be different enough to require more changes.

If it was optimized by one of the GMD people or 4&6, it might be worth calling them.
Super Dave

Sobottka

on my 04 gsxr600 i had the rear ride height @336mm and the forks 10mm above the triple clamps (forks were lengthened 10mm). this worked well for me with the pr5/prc combo good luck!!
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Gsxr2@@2

Thank you for the info every one but maybe my info is wrong but i thought the prc was taller than the pirelli?

Super Dave

Yeah, I do believe you're correct.  Tubes up. 

Which race distributor are you getting your tires from?  Most I know have a spread sheet that can help you.
Super Dave

Gsxr2@@2

I get my tires from frank kinsey he said that michelin has tires that are the same as the pirelli but not to many people like them.

Super Dave

Those sound like PR1/2's.  They are similar height to the Pirelli's.  Frank can get some specific numbers from Walt, if you ask.
Super Dave

mq105

Quote from: Super Dave on January 12, 2007, 10:38:52 AM
Those sound like PR1/2's.  They are similar height to the Pirelli's.  Frank can get some specific numbers from Walt, if you ask.

He told me 1/2 = 598mm, C = 607mm.   3/4/5 = 642mm.  Don't know about Pirellis.
MQ 
FL  #283