News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Speedometer Wiring Question

Started by Devastator, February 05, 2003, 02:50:15 AM

Devastator

I don't know all the proper and tech. terms to use, so I'll try to describe my question as best as possible.  Would anyone be able to help me with the exact location of the wire connector for the speedometer/tac cluster for a 2001 GSXR 600?  It appears that it should come from the wiring harness that's connected to the fuse box, however, the wire that matches the size of the connector, doesn't reach my speedometer/tac when I mount it.  Not to mention that the cluster that I purchased has twice as many male connectors in it, than the female connectors for the connecting wire.  I purchased the stock tac cluster from a junkyard dealer that said it was for a 2001 GSRX 600, but I'm not sure if I'm looking at the wrong wire (even though I don't see anything else that could possibly fit), or if the tac cluster they gave me is for the wrong year or wrong size GSXR.  Please help, if you can.  Thank you.

Thingy

It might also be a problem with incorrect routing of the wiring harness.  The connector the attaches to the cluster should have a big rubber boot.  That should help identify it.  The proper cluster should should be rounded on the left side with an angled top on the right side.  So, all you should see is a tach on the left and an LCD display on the right.

If you give me your phone number, I will go out to the garage tomorrow night and call you while I am looking at my bike.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Devastator

Thank you very much for your suggestion Bill.  I'll be home after 4pm, so you can call anytime after that, or page me (since you're helping me out) and I'll call you back.  

phone # 1-267-251-5368
pager  # 1-888-430-2844

Thanks again,
D