brake fluid

Started by Ducmarc, May 27, 2009, 09:19:36 PM

ProudWife

Don't know how to do the "quote" thing, but I can at least copy and paste..lol. 

Mark stated:
"I tried to do a little stir fry, but it just isn't the same as peanut oil."

I say bring all the oil and we will experiment with the stir fry this weekend in Homestead, I am always in for a good stir fry....lol.   
Robin Miller, Proud Member of the #359 Racing Team. My motto:  Live Life To Have Fun!

Noidly1

Quote from: Ducmarc on June 16, 2009, 10:01:04 PM
748r it's got narrow band billet brembo's brembo billet master corse lines and brake tech rotors maybe it's because Chang refuses to use the rear brake which is  all corse (why do i bother) I tthink i'll take all the rear brake stuff off after tech and save some weight . motul 5.1 showed up. will see.what happens at homestead which has a lot of braking
Go ahead and save the weight, then see what happens when you go OFF track...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

F2RGK

Are you overfilling it?  Don't fill all the way to fill line since it expands.  You shouldn't be boiling it.
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

Ducmarc

theres no runoff at homestead just walls so who needs rear brake i do think he's boiling it he turned some good times at palm beach on that pig fast enough to to run upper mid pack in middleweight so he must be making it up somewhere.

Gino230

I boiled the MOTUL DOT4 at homestead on the 996, going into that hairpin i think is the hardest braking area. I switched to the Brembo LCF and that solved the problem.

I heard the Castrol is even better.

PS where is the back brake?

CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

TracksideS&E

Castrol SRF All the way!!!!

The stuff Rocks.... I believe the wet boiling point is 680 Degrees Fahrenheit....

We run the SRF with Brembo 19X18's and Galfer Lines  on our 600's - Brakes are 100% solid for an entire 2hr Endurance race... If that doesn't say something - I don't know what will....

Fast4fun

Ok, Seriously, what's the best brake fluid under $80.00?     Better yet, under $30.00?   Besides, I thought the way to go faster was  "less braking and more gas."
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

roadracer162

Quote from: Fast4fun on June 26, 2009, 10:43:34 PM
Ok, Seriously, what's the best brake fluid under $80.00?     Better yet, under $30.00?   Besides, I thought the way to go faster was  "less braking and more gas."

It is- but if you aren't braking then you are just coasting in there.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.