News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Scott oil filter opinions?

Started by KevinC, December 18, 2003, 08:42:01 AM

251am

For testing comparo of product it seems noone has yet to beat Amsoil. You can study their tests for a couple of hours. I believe they stand behind 10 mics on all their oil filters. And, they're a US company. Which bike are you running?  

KevinC

I have to disagree. There is no real information on the Amsoil site, just a lot of advertising hype.

They pick a few non-SAE or JASO tests, and claim great results. Those results have not been duplicated in any independent testing I have seen.

The Sport Rider testing certainly did not show Amsoil as having any great advantages in their highly advertised 4-ball test. In fact Amsoil synthetic motorcycle oil was slightly worse than Castrol GTX dino car oil in the 4 ball test.

If they had independent testing, it should be posted as such, with references that could be checked.

Amsoil isn't even officially SAE or JASO labeled, so they have not even officially passed the basic tests for motor oils. I wouldn't put it in my engine, and certainly wouldn't pay extra for it.

Steviebee

for all you oil needs wants and desires  check out this place.

www.bobistheoilguy.com

click on forums   and read away !!  a ton of information to wade through,  but its there !

251am

Oops, sorry Kev. Give them a call and ask for some lit. I haven't been to their website and did not refer to it. We've been using their stuff in three cars, a truck, and about a dozen bikes so far. Oil, oil filters, and air filters. No problems, just great results. I HAVE heard of SOME problems w/Scott. My .02.