Who up for a track day at North Florida Motorsport

Started by RickyRacer, October 16, 2001, 12:33:58 PM

RickyRacer

There will be a group of about ten riders from the message board called InsaneSpeed to ride the track. The board is not sponsoring it, so anyone can attend.

There will be an Open Practice Day on Saturday, November 10, 2001.

The fee is only $100.00 for the day.
Gates open at 7am for registration and tech.
Track opens at 8am.
Lunch break is 12pm-1pm.
At 1pm, Track opens again till 5pm

There will be three groups to start. Beginner, Intermediate and a Racer group.
If all goes well by the afternoon, the Beginner and Intermediate group will be combined. This means more track time for all.

Track prep for bikes: Surprisingly not much.
No safety wire required
Remove kick stand
Remove mirrors
That's it, but do us all a favor and drain your antifreeze and run distilled water/WaterWeter or what ever else that's not going to make the track slippery.

For another $100.00 one could run on Sunday as well. The Sunday event is called SuperSolo. It's a time trial. Riders compete against the clock for the best lap time. (Sound like fun) Julian is hoping that it will turn into it's own race series. At least that's what his plans are for SuperSolo.

Ok now, who in for November 8? I will be driving up Friday night and either camping out or getting a motel room if I can find someone to split the cost with me. Don't worry, I don't snore. No really!

There are showers on the facility but no camper hook-ups. There is no camping fee.

"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Admin

I plan on going up there next weekend...but I might also go up there on the 10th!

Shawn

RickyRacer

Hey that's great Shawn.

I want to get an advantage over the other Florida competitors for next season. ;)  It looks like NFMP will host two race weekends there next year. It's too bad that Florida won't be racing at Roebling Road. I really enjoyed that track.  In truth, any reason is a good reason to hit the track.  ;D

So, did you join the track club there? How many riders were there last time you went and what direction do they ride the track?
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

Admin

QuoteSo, did you join the track club there? How many riders were there last time you went and what direction do they ride the track?

No, I didn't join the club yet, although I think that I will.  We ride the track counter-clockwise.

Shawn

RickyRacer

Shawn when you were out there last, were there anyone selling/installing tires?
The last track I was at was Roebling Road. So the left side of the tires should be good enough for a track day.
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI