Blackhawk - Friday, 7/19, Practice?

Started by spinblue, July 15, 2013, 04:02:57 PM

spinblue

I looked at the Motovid page but it showed nothing for this Friday.

Is anyone aware if there's practice this Friday?

Thanks

neuroduc

I called the track and was told that Motovid released the day.  So no one is scheduled for use of the track.  I called CCS to see if they would be hosting a practice day and had to leave a message.  I will post up as soon as I find out.  Brad. 

neuroduc

No word from CCS about a practice day!  Looks like no practice day before the races this weekend.  If this is the trend it may be time for me to retire from racing.  I cannot get better to compete with the faster guys without practicing.  If no practice, therefore no improvement,  then why race? 

Jan

My guess is that not a lot of racers showed interest in a Friday practice day.

spinblue

Quote from: Jan on July 16, 2013, 08:07:05 PM
My guess is that not a lot of racers showed interest in a Friday practice day.
I figured this was the case too. Given Indy this weekend, makes it tough to keep the big crowd in town.

Like neuroduc, I've never been a natural athlete at anything. I have to grind and practice, repeatedly, to try and get better. I need the practice to get my groove going.

TommyG

Can't set up the pits either as cars have the track rented. I have been told we can't enter the track until 6 pm

SV88

Wow.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that most people blew their $$ @ RA and now to schedule yet another twin sprints weekend just 2 weeks later - Are you Fk@#$%%^g kidding?  I may show up Sunday only, depending on weather.  Laguna Seca is this weekend.  The indy race coincides with the Aug. BHF race weekend.

May just fix my sailboat and go sailing if the wind is good!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Jan

Quote from: TommyG on July 16, 2013, 11:14:22 PM
Can't set up the pits either as cars have the track rented. I have been told we can't enter the track until 6 pm

Just talked to Tom, Gate will be open at 3:00 PM.

Burt Munro

Quote from: SV88 on July 17, 2013, 07:02:41 AM
Wow.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that most people blew their $$ @ RA and now to schedule yet another twin sprints weekend just 2 weeks later - Are you Fk@#$%%^g kidding?  I may show up Sunday only, depending on weather.  Laguna Seca is this weekend.  The indy race coincides with the Aug. BHF race weekend.

May just fix my sailboat and go sailing if the wind is good!
Would it make sense to schedule an event at Blackhawk 2 weeks before Road America and risk lowering the attendance at RA? I don't think so.

It's been 2 months since the last event at Blackhawk. 

Sometimes you just can't win at the scheduling game.

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

supercarl

Look on the positive side guys! there is a 50% chance of rain friday anyway so youre not really missing out too much  ::) I actually like that theres no practice cause I couldnt get work off for it anyway and this puts everyone on the same page for racing saturday. Plus you can use whatever money you wouldve spent on the practice day and put it towards more races!

And the weather looks awesome for both saturday and sunday! HECK YES!!! (knock on wood) this is shaping up to be an awesome weekend of racing.  :cheers:
Super Carl Soltisz #620 facebook.com/supercracing
Sponsors: Michelin, Sportbike Tire Service, TSE, Nexx WrecksNRestorations, Vortex, Moto-D, Pop Shadow, Galfer, Spy, Armor Bodies, GoPro, Sidi, AGV Sport, MotoNation, Hindle, Motion Pro, Zero Gravity, Bernat PC, GP Tech, & All Balls Racing

Jwhite316

Quote from: supercarl on July 17, 2013, 08:52:49 AM
Look on the positive side guys! there is a 50% chance of rain friday anyway so youre not really missing out too much  ::) I actually like that theres no practice cause I couldnt get work off for it anyway and this puts everyone on the same page for racing saturday. Plus you can use whatever money you wouldve spent on the practice day and put it towards more races!

And the weather looks awesome for both saturday and sunday! HECK YES!!! (knock on wood) this is shaping up to be an awesome weekend of racing.  :cheers:

I agree!! I can't afford to ride or afford not to work that day!  Kinda weird that they took it off the schedule though....I think the July 10 motovid day at BHF was really light...probably a contributing factor.  It is nice to see that on Saturday racing isn't until after Lunch break.  Can't remember the last time we had that!
Well how could there be two number 1's? It'd be number 11 then?

Jan

Quote from: Jan on July 17, 2013, 07:17:42 AM
Just talked to Tom, Gate will be open at 3:00 PM.

Time is changed to 5:00 PM, CCS registration will also be there at that time.