ROC MOVED!!!!

Started by d-wire, April 24, 2010, 11:14:39 AM

Noidly1

Quote from: SnacktimeKC on April 28, 2010, 02:24:53 PM
Ooo Ooo, Hallett  :thumb: -Snack
+1 Hallett is definitely a fun track! I'd go fer sure :thumb:

Another one that would be great too, if it weren't for ordinances and contracts and other BS :banghead:, is................. Putnam... :thumb:

Opps, did I say that??? :biggrin:
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Greeny

for what it's worth, i know that a lot of the midwesterners that normally wouldn't make the trip down to daytona would definitely show up to Barber...  myself included ;)

YellowRacer

CCS #131 AM

How do they do it?
Why do they do it?
Riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning
And always faster, and faster, and faster!
     - Faster

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: YellowRacer on April 29, 2010, 01:02:06 AM
Better bring some ice tyres!!!!

I say Barber!

Its been in the high 70's the last couple Octobers. Good number of years I rode until late dec (except last 2 when it actually started snowing in dec). 
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

f3racer

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on April 28, 2010, 10:48:56 AM
Track density (number of riders the track is deemed to be able to safely handle at once) can be an issue with smaller tracks and possibly large grids, another closely related issue is the lap time - short lap times mean excessive interaction between the fastest and slowest racers on the track possibly resulting in more accidents. Track width on many smaller tracks can be narrower as well, meaning passing can be insane as you have larger grids of the fastest racers fighting for a national title on a track many may have never raced on before. Paddock size, good PA system for announcements, access in and out of the facility, local weather at that time of the year, and other reasons can all be factors to consider with any track hosting the ROC.

well....dont i feel like a dipshit. good points.

Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

Burt Munro

Quote from: f3racer on April 29, 2010, 11:19:25 AM
well....dont i feel like a dipshit. good points.

Good point.    :ass:    :biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

f3racer

he made more than 1 point Burt damn it. Thats it more bad Karma for you!
Will

Burt Munro

I was commenting on the fact that you felt like a dipshit.

I felt that you made a good point in acknowledging that you felt like a dipshit.

To me, that was a good point that you made.

:biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

f3racer

damn i feel like a dipshit again. ok i quit. i am in timeout for a little while.
Will

skiandclimb

Never been to Daytona & would like to someday.  But, I also agree that the "National Title" should be on a road corse, not on a modified, high speed track with a couple measly turns.

Hallett, while a badass track, is WAYYYY too small and scrappy to handle the possible grid sizes of the ROC. We'd have to hold the races over a three day weekend to contend with the red flags....

Road America is probably my favorite track ever, but Road A in October?  BRRRRR!!!!

I like the idea of Heartland Park Topeka. Great track, good amenities, able to hold the density, etc etc. AND it would give us MW/GP folks a chance to race. No offense to our SE folks, but maybe its time for you guys and gals to make a drive!

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

YellowRacer

Quote from: skiandclimb on April 29, 2010, 02:01:15 PM
Never been to Daytona & would like to someday.  But, I also agree that the "National Title" should be on a road corse, not on a modified, high speed track with a couple measly turns.

Hallett, while a badass track, is WAYYYY too small and scrappy to handle the possible grid sizes of the ROC. We'd have to hold the races over a three day weekend to contend with the red flags....

Road America is probably my favorite track ever, but Road A in October?  BRRRRR!!!!

I like the idea of Heartland Park Topeka. Great track, good amenities, able to hold the density, etc etc. AND it would give us MW/GP folks a chance to race. No offense to our SE folks, but maybe its time for you guys and gals to make a drive!

What he said....
CCS #131 AM

How do they do it?
Why do they do it?
Riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning
And always faster, and faster, and faster!
     - Faster

Woofentino Pugrossi

A bunch of damn wusses. :lmao: 50 deg is still shorts weather. :lmao:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod