Thanks CCS !

Started by Cowboy 6, December 16, 2012, 09:35:20 AM

roadracer162

Mark E- that's where it was taken out of the context of the request. It was 15 year old at best and it was specifically a 748 in GT and GP only with limitations on the bike.

Steve that's funny stuff.

Lap times are more than just hp. HP to me gives and advantage on the track. On my own bikes of the Ducati 800, Ducati 748 and even my FZR 600 has me pretty close in lap times some track are closer than others such as jennings. Funny thing is at Riesling I run similar times in the 1:20.xx range.

The 800 weighs in at 365# with 2 gals of fuel and the 748 weighs in at 405# with 1 gal of fuel.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Knedragon

We know what HP can do Mark ... we seen it the other day with Park It in All Corners Marvos  :biggrin:
Oh boy,Not another Oil Spewing diesel!!

roadracer162

Quote from: Knedragon on December 17, 2012, 07:22:00 AM
We know what HP can do Mark ... we seen it the other day with Park It in All Corners Marvos  :biggrin:

Lmao. But it is so much more gratifying when you do beat him. It is what it is. I can't afford the HP like he can, but I probably would spend the money if I had it. I do find a sense of satisfaction running against the bigger bike with my Ducati 800.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Gino230

So Steve...you're peeking at the scale while I was standing on it? Damn. It was kind of funny, the scale wouldn't weigh my bike with me on it, they had to do it separately. I didn't think anything of it but I guess I should cut down on the whiskey, cookies, and pizza. That and maybe invest in some more titanium.

Seriously, I also supported this proposal. My reasoning was simply to counter the proposal that the 749 be REMOVED from Thunderbike. Also my motivation was selfish because I want to race my 749.

At some point time marches on and the classes WILL get faster, it's inevitable. Otherwise they'd still be running 250 4 strokes in MotoGP.

That being said it's a little early to let the 4 valve ducs into ALL the LW classes. Sure, they aren't much of an advantage against the Bimota or a well built (AKA Mavros') Ducati, but they will beat up pretty bad on the SV's. I agree with Mr. Tenn on these points.

Lightweight is a screwy class because nobody is building bikes for it, there are alot of various types of engines that will fit in and I think the rules are pretty fair as is. I know the SV guys complain, but hey, it's a 1999 design? Also, this led to them being included in the ULWSB class, so really, there is a class for everyone.....just as the club racing gods intended.

Except you Mark, you had to invent your own class for the FZR 400. ;)
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

leeroy996

Quote from: Gino230 on December 18, 2012, 01:32:17 AM
So Steve...you're peeking at the scale while I was standing on it? Damn. It was kind of funny, the scale wouldn't weigh my bike with me on it, they had to do it separately. I didn't think anything of it but I guess I should cut down on the whiskey, cookies, and pizza. That and maybe invest in some more titanium.

Seriously, I also supported this proposal. My reasoning was simply to counter the proposal that the 749 be REMOVED from Thunderbike. Also my motivation was selfish because I want to race my 749.

At some point time marches on and the classes WILL get faster, it's inevitable. Otherwise they'd still be running 250 4 strokes in MotoGP.

That being said it's a little early to let the 4 valve ducs into ALL the LW classes. Sure, they aren't much of an advantage against the Bimota or a well built (AKA Mavros') Ducati, but they will beat up pretty bad on the SV's. I agree with Mr. Tenn on these points.

Lightweight is a screwy class because nobody is building bikes for it, there are alot of various types of engines that will fit in and I think the rules are pretty fair as is. I know the SV guys complain, but hey, it's a 1999 design? Also, this led to them being included in the ULWSB class, so really, there is a class for everyone.....just as the club racing gods intended.

Your really 230 with gear Gino?  Feel free to join me and Steve for a bicycle ride. :lmao:

There's enough Pony's in a SV to win anywhere.  Matt's bike was fast and reliable, Pony's bike won everywhere.

roadracer162

Quote from: Gino230 link=topic=26905.msg211605#msg211605 date=)

/quote]

Gino I was approached for my participation in that class so we built bikes, loaned bikes and now both my brothers are in the class. I may even have something for you
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Knedragon

Lee -- Pony would beat us on anything .. lol .... now everyone understands why when we're at the track Cheesburgers,Fries,Shakes and Ice Cream Sundaes are on me for Pony and Chris Boy.Hell I even pitch in 10 rolls of quarters as long as they go in his leathers when he rides ;-)

leeroy996

Quote from: Knedragon on December 18, 2012, 12:43:56 PM
Lee -- Pony would beat us on anything .. lol ....

That's what everyone says about you.......

Gino230

Mark, two bikes is my limit. As Kat says, "I don't know how you handle all that work, racing two bikes without help" I am just an amazing rider and mechanic I guess.

And I'm actually about 210 with gear. 195 without. This despite running 20 miles a week.....christmas cookies are killing me!

PS Mark I love those old FZRs, at least I did when it was my first bike 20 years ago....
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Knedragon

sorry my math was off Gino ... off by a few cookies :-) .... Lee I'm just an old worn out bike racer,slow slow slow ... you guys just ride the wrong bikes !!

roadracer162

Quote from: Gino230 on December 18, 2012, 02:34:13 PM
Mark, two bikes is my limit. As Kat says, "I don't know how you handle all that work, racing two bikes without help" I am just an amazing rider and mechanic I guess.

And I'm actually about 210 with gear. 195 without. This despite running 20 miles a week.....christmas cookies are killing me!

PS Mark I love those old FZRs, at least I did when it was my first bike 20 years ago....

..and at what weight?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

leeroy996

Quote from: Gino230 on December 18, 2012, 02:34:13 PM

Gino!!

Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.