News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ultra Light thunder bike 250cc class rules for 2013

Started by CHIRINOM, December 12, 2012, 08:04:30 PM

Cowboy 6

Quote from: Gino230 on December 18, 2012, 01:20:51 AM
Technically, Pierbon isn't legal for Superbike or Supersport. It's not a production machine. Bimota is a different story. However I have ridden them and while they are good, the advantage is mostly psychological. All types of bikes are winning in Lightweight, Bimota is far from dominant.

I agree with you that the bar is pretty high in LW, but the rules are the same for everyone.....what can you do?

I don't want to anger people but the reason the Bimota is not dominant is the riders on them and they are scarce as hens teeth anywhere but Florida. With the right rider, that bike is all but untouchable. And BTW, Daytona is nothing but a HP contest in LW so I don't count any results from that arena.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

bruce71198

I was given several reasons as to why the rules proposal was not accepted and as to why the 300 was added. They are listed below.

-Cost of enforcement of spec rules.
-CCS Does not promote vintage racing.
-CCS does not cater to running economy classes.

As soon as the smoke, that they blew up your ass, clears consider this;
If there is such an absorbanant cost in teching a bike why don't they can the Super sport classes as well ?
If CCS doesn't promote vintage bike then they should stop bumping all the out of production and underdeveloped bikes back wards into lightweight classes.
If CCS doesn't cater to economy classes what should I make of the following quote; "Ultralight ThunderBike is basically a SuperSport 250s class for bikes such as the Ninja and Honda 250, which aren't as competitive in other classes." said Kevin Elliott, owner of the Championship Cup Series. "Single & Twin cylinder liquid-cooled engines up to 250cc as well as Twin Cylinder air-cooled 350cc machines qualify for this class. Although some restrictions apply, bikes must be completely stock OEM for the most part and run street tires."
It also appears these bikes won't be competitive in the class that was developed for the either !