Airbox Rule for the R6

Started by supercarl, August 30, 2012, 03:59:03 PM

Super Dave

Quote from: ekraft84 on November 29, 2012, 01:31:12 PM
And you can add aftermarket rotors, like say Braking rotors?  I raced with CCS this past year and didn't even know that. 

Those are a couple expensive mods I'm glad aren't WERA legal, as it saved me a bunch of money (slipper's applying more towards SV's and the like, not modern bikes which most have them).
I was using Vesrah rotors in 2003 or 2004 on my R6 legally in CCS Supersport.  They were less prone to the dishing of the OEM rotor.  Money well spent over multiple sets of OEM rotors.  I sold the bike in 2007 with those rotors on them still in good shape.

You gotta get up to speed, Eddie...  LOL!   :biggrin:
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: ekraft84 on November 30, 2012, 03:04:53 PM
And lightweight batteries are legal also, right Greg?
In CCS they were legal in the early 90's... 
Super Dave

ekraft84

Quote from: Super Dave on December 03, 2012, 12:27:52 PM
I was using Vesrah rotors in 2003 or 2004 on my R6 legally in CCS Supersport.  They were less prone to the dishing of the OEM rotor.  Money well spent over multiple sets of OEM rotors.  I sold the bike in 2007 with those rotors on them still in good shape.

You gotta get up to speed, Eddie...  LOL!   :biggrin:

I guess so!  :)
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

nafterclifen

Velocity stacks aren't SS legal which is another reason for post-race tech, not just to check the airbox, snorkel, filter.

twilkinson3

I run LiFePO batteries in SS Eddie - 2 lb battery in a total loss system...in SS.....

I've said it before (and presently not complaining) a CCS SS bike is anyone elses superbike....

roadracer162

Quote from: twilkinson3 on December 12, 2012, 02:51:34 PM
I run LiFePO batteries in SS Eddie - 2 lb battery in a total loss system...in SS.....

I've said it before (and presently not complaining) a CCS SS bike is anyone elses superbike....
. Just like WSBK supersport
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.