News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MAM Race Weekend Info

Started by TrackAddix, May 15, 2007, 11:42:32 PM

TrackAddix

Things you need to know about the upcoming race event at Mid America Motorplex.

• This is a combined CCS Midwest region and TrackAddix Great Plains region event.
  • This event is operated by TrackAddix.
  • You must enter this event through the TrackAddix website to download a TrackAddix GP entry form.
  • DO NOT use the CCS entry form, and DO NOT send your entry to CCS.

Saturday, May 26th - Track Day
This is a TrackAddix track day that will comprise a 3 session format.  Our regular pricing policies apply with pre-entry/early registration of $150 and gate pricing of $175.  MotoMania Club members pay $99 regardless of when they enter.

We know that some tracks offer an inexpensive Friday practice prior to a race weekend.  Please understand that we don't own the race track and cannot compete with a track sponsored practice day.  However, our weekend format allows you a full day of track time on Saturday.  This saves you lost time from work to attend a Friday practice and reduces your hotel expense for the weekend.

SuperBike Sunday, May 27th - Race Day

Pre-entering = better grid positions and faster registration lines.

Pre-Entries Close May 20th

Transponders - We use a different timing system than CCS does.  If you own a personal AMB transponder, write its number on your entry form.  Otherwise you will need to rent one of our transponders for $25 for the weekend.

Purses - We have 3 classes that pay cash purse money to both Amateurs and Experts.

• Lightweight Grand Prix
  • Middleweight Grand Prix
  • Unlimited Grand Prix

Due to small grids and time constraints we have dropped the following classes from our series -

• 125 GP
  • Ultralight
  • ThunderBike
  • Heavyweight SuperBike

Please visit this link for event information and to download Entry Forms and Race Day Schedules.  http://trackaddix.com/?race=1&pview=TRA-275-2007-05-27-MAM-GP

Monday, May 28th - Ducati Revs Mid America
Monday we host the Ducati Revs Mid America event.  The "DucTruck" will be on site with the Ducati demo fleet.  The event is open to ALL
brands of motorcycles, NOT just Ducatis.  Track day riders will be able to demo the Ducatis on the track.  Click here for details http://trackaddix.com/images/flyers/Ducati_Days_2007.pdf"

Bridgestone Semi to Support MAM Event
Bridgestone will be sending in the "Big Rig" to support our event for all 3 days at Mid America Motorplex.  Bridgestone sponsors the Middleweight SuperSport race in our series with Double Contingency.  The class is open to ALL brands of tires, however if you are a Bridgestone rider and you finish on the podium, you will receive double contingency.  That's $400 in "Bridgestone Bucks" for an Expert win!

Questions?
http://trackaddix.com/contact/

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

PJ

Quote from: TrackAddix on May 15, 2007, 11:42:32 PM

[Due to small grids and time constraints we have dropped the following classes from our series -

• 125 GP
  • Ultralight
  • ThunderBike
  • Heavyweight SuperBike

Ummm. Yeah. Small grids. At the Blackhawk opener, Thunderbike had 28 total Am and Ex finishers. Largest LW grid of the weekend.

Looking at the HPT results, it appears that Thunderbike was the second largest of CCS Race #2 LW grids (by one bike). It was smaller on Friday, probably due to weather conditions.

In my opinion, Thunderbike is the wrong class to drop. Especially since Buell pays Amateurs and Experts in Thunderbike at every CCS weekend. What kind of "racer-friendly" organization drops contingency classes where the racers can actually make money?

Because of this, we're going to race AHRMA at Gingerman on Memorial Weekend. Buell pays in three of AHRMA's modern twins classes (Battle of Twins F1, Battle of Twins F2 and Sound of Thunder). And since AHRMA runs what amounts to a twin sprint weekend, it's $1800 in contingency cash if we win 'em all.

I really like MAM. And I really like CCS GP. But CCS GP has made their business decision. And I've made mine.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Willyz

So where was everybody last year? The most experts in any Thunderbike race at MAM was 4. The most Thunderbike expert entries at ANY GP series event was 5. I don't run a Buell but do they pay for wins with that few people in the race?

A couple of the Thunderbike races went off with TWO experts on the grid. I try to go to the wall and watch the other guys race but come on, TWO guys?

:wtf:

Bill Kaszer
CCS Am. #18

251am

Dean, I liked the format you had last year and the way you involved us all in the decision making when rain threw the schedule for a loop. However, what's it gonna take to bring back a schedule that does not cut classes? I don't run Thunderbike, yet, but I do run HW SB.   

PJ

Quote from: Willyz on May 17, 2007, 01:06:56 AM
I don't run a Buell but do they pay for wins with that few people in the race?
Buell pays top 5 Am and Expert finishers. No minimum grid requirement.

I had suggested that CCS GP combine Thunderbike with SuperTwins and let people enter both races, at least at the shared GP/MW rounds. That way Buell racers could get the points and contingency.

By my count, there were something like 11 Buell racers at Blackhawk last weekend. At this point, I don't know if any will go to MAM.

Paul
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

Jack_Brock

It seems like most LW people ran 3 races/weekend last year, with 4 LW races to choose from: LWSS, LWSB, LWGP, and TB, one of the grids was going to suffer.  By eliminating 1 class, everyone now has to run the same races which is cool with me cause I'd like some bigger grids.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure TB was the right choice.  By eliminating TB, it sounds like we may lose some Buell racers.  Had LWSB or LWGP been eliminated, I don't think we would lose anyone, you'd just see a shift towards entering TB.  Also, all the new people I noticed on the grid at HPT were on Buells.  For the record, I am not biased, I run a SV. 

This post is in no way intended to be negative towards Dean or Track Addix.  I ran the series last year, and in my opinion, it is the best run series, period!  I posted my ideas here because I know Dean does listen.  Any other LWs should chime in.

Thanks for an awesome series!
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Willyz

Quote from: PJ on May 17, 2007, 07:58:17 AM
Buell pays top 5 Am and Expert finishers. No minimum grid requirement.

Paul

Wow. I did not know that.  So last year pretty much everybody got paid every race? Wow. I needs me a Buell! (and a time machine to go back to last year....)

BK

Super Dave

Quote from: PJ on May 17, 2007, 07:58:17 AM
I had suggested that CCS GP combine Thunderbike with SuperTwins and let people enter both races, at least at the shared GP/MW rounds. That way Buell racers could get the points and contingency.

By my count, there were something like 11 Buell racers at Blackhawk last weekend. At this point, I don't know if any will go to MAM.

Paul

I always thought CCS tried to make sure that there was a similar product from region to region, like you get a similar Steak, Egg, and Cheese Bagel at every McDonalds.  That consistency can breed some racers that will travel. 

There obviously are a couple of races that can be combined, but we don't make the decisions, just pay the entry.
Super Dave

PJ

I understand that CCS GP has some unique challenges and needs to run a one-day racing schedule in order to make money. And I truly admire and respect what Dean is doing with the series. But I disagree with the choice that was made with regard to cutting classes.

I'm sure nobody wants to see their classes get cut, but dropping a contingency paying class is particularly painful. Based on my results at MAM and Gateway last season, dropping Thunderbike is like taking $900 out of my pocket this year. That sucks.

Combining some classes, I think, would be workable. But that suggestion was rejected out of hand. And the number of Buell racers affected by the decision was dismissed as insignificant.

Well, I counted 12 different Buell racers in the Blackhawk results. As far as I know, only one of them is going to MAM.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

PJ

Quote from: Willyz on May 17, 2007, 11:00:19 AM
Wow. I needs me a Buell! (and a time machine to go back to last year....)

Can't help you with the time machine...but mildly crash damaged Buell XBs are relatively easy to find.

2003 and newer models make the cut in Buell's contingency program. Go to http://buell.com/en_us/mania/racing/racingsupport.asp for more info.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

chasespeed

I like the ThunderBike class, if no more than to say it's a cool name! SuperTwins is something for late night  pay-per-view....  :spank: I'm just kidding. Plus everyone thinks I race a Buell, how many times last year did I hear "Damn those Buells are loud"  and I had to say "ah, dude it's not a Buell, don't ask". Another thing is I can't race LWSS anymore with all the new mods, so I need another class.

I support bringing back the ThunderBike in the GP region, even if it was combined, and yes I would enter as I did all last year.

Chef

opinion;

Thunderbike also includes other bikes that dont really fit in other classes...  f2's for 1....
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

iyeager

Quote from: Chef on May 21, 2007, 06:23:04 PM
opinion;

Thunderbike also includes other bikes that dont really fit in other classes...  f2's for 1....

That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

An opinion would be..."I think F2's are stupid and could care less where they race."  :kicknuts:

Ian

funsizeracing

Quote from: chasespeed on May 21, 2007, 01:49:34 PM
I like the ThunderBike class, if no more than to say it's a cool name! SuperTwins is something for late night  pay-per-view....  :spank: I'm just kidding. Plus everyone thinks I race a Buell, how many times last year did I hear "Damn those Buells are loud"  and I had to say "ah, dude it's not a Buell, don't ask". Another thing is I can't race LWSS anymore with all the new mods, so I need another class.

I support bringing back the ThunderBike in the GP region, even if it was combined, and yes I would enter as I did all last year.

I'm still not convinced Hyosung doesn't make sewing machines. :biggrin:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com