Slipper Clutch Install

Started by Matrix, April 24, 2007, 11:42:45 PM

Matrix

My son and I have been preparing an 05 Suzuki GSXR600 for CCS.  He has been on track and doing well.    To improve performance we are buying a slipper clutch to install (probably STM, but still deciding).   I was wondering what was value, if any, between OEM clutch plates and Kevlar products?  If we are rebuilding clutch, whats best to install with slipper?

Jeff

I've always used OEM plates simply due to their availability.  I've also run aftermarket clutches, and there didn't seem to be a big difference (unless you went with aluminum plates).  Either should be a fine choice and they're about the same price...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Matrix

Thanks Jeff.  Just using OEM will save a few bucks.    Every buck counts in this game.

Jeff

just buy a couple extra plates to keep with you and check the clutch regularly.  I pulled mine every 2 weekends and measured stuff out, shifting plates around and replacing typically the thinnest 2 plates.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

GrecianFormula40

I have nearly a full set of new plates, unopened in the Suzuki packaging, both friction and metal for this bike, and a new gasket. If you are interested- $70 for all (I think it is just shy a couple friction plates).
CCS EX GP #181

Gixxerblade

I would run the OEM only because some have had problems getting the thickness right with the aftermarket ones being too tight for slippers.