News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Question for CCS people re Jenning GP

Started by funksouljon, April 22, 2003, 12:26:19 AM

Bernie

QuoteCan i run as an amature, since i've never run in Henry's Fla region ?

Yeah, right Kevin!  I think your single digit MidAtlantic number just might give you away. ;D

rpsez

QuoteMy understanding is that all the races in the state of FL were put under the umbrella of Henry D's Florida region.
My question for CCS is, is there a possibility of swapping back and forth for the region who has "home field"? And by that I mean, when it is a combined weekend, why not make it a Fl weekend then a SE weekend then FL etc?
When we go to Roebling the same thing could be done. The only difference for a combined SE and Mid-Atlantic region is who wears the loser X badge on the number plates. <g> However, at Jennings the change is not so simple. I understand Henry D prefers the practice on Sat and race on Sunday format, and that is fine if it works for them. However, I know many people who prefer it the way the rest of the local regions run things.
I am NOT flaming or busting Henry's chops, etc for running his region the way he wants. He runs his region the way he sees fit. His prerogative.
I am asking CCS if there is room for change so everyone gets a little of what they want? After all, it is only 20 miles to GA.

Disclaimer: this is not an oblique swipe at Henry DeGouw or CCS, just my opinion.

Forgive me for being dense, but I've never actually seen a reason espoused for the way the Fla. region is run. (Not that I'm entitled to or anything -- I mean, I just the guy paying the bills!!). Is it (as Jon states above) "Henry D's Florida region" or CCS's? The reason I ask? From another thread:

QuoteThe practice on Friday is run by Jennings GP. We offer all day practice on Saturday. There are three groups that rotate all day. You will get 6 to 8 rounds of practice (last month they got 7) for $75. On Sunday we run all races including GT's and all are 7 lap sprints. The cost is $50. per class. You have until Tuesday April 29th to pre-enter and must be sent to me not CCS in TX. No credit cards accepted and checks will be deposited the day after the races. I hope this answers your questions. If you have any more please contact me at your convenience. Or ask the questions here as others would like to know.

HD

Pay particular attention to the line: "You have until Tuesday April 29th to pre-enter and must be sent to me not CCS in TX."

My 'take' on the whole issue is this: I pay money to CCS to race, not practice. A six or seven lap GTO or GTU is, in my humble estimation, brain damaged. Unfortunately, the GTO/GTU format happens to suit the way I like to race (let everyone else have the turn one craziness, let things shake out, then race), and it's just unfortunate that 'the powers that be' in the CCS FL region see fit to stick all the racing into one day. (Sure am glad that VIR isn't in Florida...)

Track time does not racing make. If I wanted more track time at a particular track, I'd go to a practice day there (either before an event or on 'my own time'). I pay money to race -- the practice is for setting up my bike and calibrating myself.

Hell, I could be wrong -- but I doubt it.

R

MightyDuc Racing

The way it was originally explained to me is that more racers in Florida wanted the Sunday race day schedule than not because they could race all of the classes and not have to miss any work.  Henry runs a great program down here from what I've seen so far.  I am glad this is my region.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

hdpromos

Richard

I appreciate the "disclaimer" in your post and also for not "taking an oblique swipe at me".
So thanks for the compliments about the Florida Region of CCS. I guess VIR is a lot closer to Jacksonville than Jennings? ;D

HD

bfkidd

Rick,

The AMA has a bunch of longer races on their weekends. Why not just do that instead?

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

CCS243

QuoteCan i run as an amature, since i've never run in Henry's Fla region ?

ROFLMAO

Afraid it will be too cold next week at Summit? ::)

MELK-MAN

QuoteThe way it was originally explained to me is that more racers in Florida wanted the Sunday race day schedule than not because they could race all of the classes and not have to miss any work.  Henry runs a great program down here from what I've seen so far.  I am glad this is my region.

This is one of the reasons im running CCS.. i can run my business M-F, practice on sat.. (or not) but race all day sunday and back to work monday (if i had a good race day ;D)
 I may do some WERA stuff too but for now this club racing format works for me.. and thats what this is.. club racing.. Moto cross was the same way. All the races run on sunday unless under the lights saturday night at Dade city..
later!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

badmonkey

yeah its all fine and good till you try to stuff 20 morons into turn 1 and get red flags up the wazoo, which then translates into 5, no 4, no maybe 3 lap sprints. I saiad it before I'm saying it again keep the
 Florida region by itself and leave us SE out of it.
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

MELK-MAN

Quoteyeah its all fine and good till you try to stuff 20 morons into turn 1 and get red flags up the wazoo, which then translates into 5, no 4, no maybe 3 lap sprints. I saiad it before I'm saying it again keep the
 Florida region by itself and leave us SE out of it.

im kinda new to racing but could you explain why the 20 morons would not be charging into turn one in some other part of the country as hard as they do in the florida region????
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

My guess is he's either talking about the GT races being sprints rather than 30 minutes, so everybody wants a good start cuz there's no time to make it up in 6 laps (7 at Jennings)....or...he's saying that nobody is good enough in the CCS to get through all the races in a day without a melee in turn 1 causing a red flag and delays and therefore shortened races to fit them all in.  I've been going to watch the CCS for a few years, and have just started racing, and have yet to see a race shortened on Sunday unless it's red-flagged on the last lap or something.  Just my .02.  By the way monkey-boy, nobody's twisting your arm to come race in our region...you could always skip a round. ::)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

rpsez

QuoteRichard

I appreciate the "disclaimer" in your post and also for not "taking an oblique swipe at me".
So thanks for the compliments about the Florida Region of CCS. I guess VIR is a lot closer to Jacksonville than Jennings? ;D

HD

Henry (if I may call you 'Henry'),
   Plan on answering any of the questions that I posed?
   Re-reading my post, I didn't notice any compliments about the (your?) FL CCS region. (Not trying to be a d i c k, just clearing up any misconceptions).
    If the past VIR round was run with the FL CCS schedule, races 8 - 12 wouldn't have been run. (The aformentioned four races were moved from the end of the schedule on Saturday to the beginning of the schedule on Sunday due to red flags and 'various' other on-track issues.)

Rick