CBR600F2s are legal in LW 40 but none of the other LW classes. Why??

Started by limelight, September 30, 2006, 11:05:29 PM

roadracer162

I can see that it would make sense to run one of the popular bikes, but don't you get a kick out of seeing one of the old bikes (F2, FZR, GSXR) run with and sometimes even beat the new bikes? The contigency money can be helpful and would probably be a smart move. What year bike would I need to purchase in order to receive Suzuki contingency?

An F2 just can't run against the new bikes competitively. Maybe on occasion in the AM group but certainly not the EX. So why not have it run against the modified SV?

There have been many that give me the advice not to run the SV even when they are using one. Their thinking? If I started racing an SV there is a good chance I would be able to run with them.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Super Dave

Generally, manufacturer contingency is for select expert races for bikes of the current and previous model year. 

F2's good bike.  Insert a good rider on a well set up bike, and it should be more than fast enough to pummel just about anyone on an SV.  But the set up must be exploited.  And the rider needs to be properly competent with it.

I raced a CB400F against FZR400's, 650 Hawks, etc.  Yeah, it's fun to beat them.

Same goes for racing a 125 GP bike.
Super Dave

roadracer162

I have in my stable a '90 FZR400 with a stock motor and a '94 RS125. I am attempting to get a grip of the 125 and how to ride it proficiently. Both of these bikes are way of in the performance department as compared to the competition.

The FZR400 competes in the UL classes but it is no match for the Motards or the Ducati 750. It also races against the SV.

The 125 is too old and outdated for the current newer 125.

I always must get back to reality and why I race. I love doing it and sometimes the little guy wins.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

roadracer162

Quote from: Super Dave on October 03, 2006, 11:03:30 AM
F2's in lightweight...

Again, same topic, different year.

In the early 90's, decent supersport F2's made 90+ HP. 

You gotta consider though that the Ducati 1000 makes 93-96 hp as per the MotoCorse shop of Chris Boy. Just ask Jason Edmonds AM #17.

http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,14936.0.html

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Court Jester

I want to see 50cc pocket bike races pulling another person behind on roller blades.
that's just my two cents.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

moto dino

hey bartz! thanx for the props.   ahhh! what a fine subject we have here! i last raced the f2 in oct. of 04. did 17"s with a set of greens from barber team challenge race that me &  danny rode in.   is dave correct with someone being able to run 12"s at blackhawk? most likely yes. but as he said it needs to be set up and putting out some good numbers like prince's f2 had. i don't think the average jo like myself really wants to build a time bomb to go have fun.  so with that said i believe an f2 should be allowed in some but not all lw classes. i think top 5 midwest lwt riders would agree that for an f2 in ss or sbk is probably not a good choice. but gtl and gp i would think so.   so lets talk sportsters!!!         

EX_#76

Quote from: moto dino on October 28, 2006, 08:09:21 PM
hey bartz! thanx for the props.   ahhh! what a fine subject we have here! i last raced the f2 in oct. of 04. did 17"s with a set of greens from barber team challenge race that me &  danny rode in.   is dave correct with someone being able to run 12"s at blackhawk? most likely yes. but as he said it needs to be set up and putting out some good numbers like prince's f2 had. i don't think the average jo like myself really wants to build a time bomb to go have fun.  so with that said i believe an f2 should be allowed in some but not all lw classes. i think top 5 midwest lwt riders would agree that for an f2 in ss or sbk is probably not a good choice. but gtl and gp i would think so.   so lets talk sportsters!!!        

Blow the dust of that bike Dean, Lets go racen!!! I need a rabbit to drag me up to speed, your my hausenpheffer ( I am 100% sure I did not spell that correctly) buddy!!!
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor