News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

BMW HP2 Sport

Started by Bitgeist Racing 696, January 01, 2014, 09:08:40 PM

MACOP1104

Quote from: sdiver68 on April 08, 2014, 01:53:20 PM
In general, the same guys win or would have a chance at winning at Daytona as do WERA GNF.  Some National class high speed tracks do reward HP for sure, but they also reward getting into and out of corners, braking skills, and other facets of bike setup that point and shoot tracks do not.  At least that's my real world experience at Road America, Barber, Heartland Park, and Daytona in terms of current and former "National class" tracks.
You're missing the point.  It's not about the riders, it's about the rules package.  I put a 15 year old kid on an SV I built in my garage and he beat everyone at the GNF.   No matter how good the kid is, there's no way he could do that at Daytona because somebody has a Peirobon racing LWSS. 

sdiver68

Quote from: MACOP1104 on April 08, 2014, 02:22:38 PM
You're missing the point.  It's not about the riders, it's about the rules package.  I put a 15 year old kid on an SV I built in my garage and he beat everyone at the GNF.   No matter how good the kid is, there's no way he could do that at Daytona because somebody has a Peirobon racing LWSS. 

I know who your very talented son is and I respectfully sort of disagree.  There are 2 classes that he would have done very well at 2013 Daytona.  Superbike Ultralight and Supersport Lightweight.  I strongly suspect lightweight is just a stepping stone for him, where as many of us lightweight guys are on the mature side of our careers.  If lightweight Daytona was the goal then you might have made some different choices.  FWIW, there was no Pierobon in either of those classes.

My point and again it's about the rules package, there are 2 lightweight classes in CCS where you don't have to worry about the exotics.
MCRA Race School Instructor

LWT Racer

Sorry, you're not a lightweight guy on a 565, you're a middleweight guy afraid to race middleweight :)

Also, the kid he's talking about is not his son. Are you sure you know who he's talking about?
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer
Lighweight Racing - The struggle is real.

sdiver68

Quote from: Swiest on April 08, 2014, 04:01:44 PM
Also, the kid he's talking about is not his son. Are you sure you know who he's talking about?

My bad for assuming that was his son, assuming Xavier is the very talented guy we are talking about.
MCRA Race School Instructor

MACOP1104

Quote from: sdiver68 on April 08, 2014, 05:02:19 PM
My bad for assuming that was his son, assuming Xavier is the very talented guy we are talking about.

Yep, Xman is a great kid with a ton of talent.  I help him as much as I can.  ULWSB is just about the only class an SV has a chance at Daytona. 

grasslander

Is a Bimota's allowed in LWSS?
CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions

Gino230

It was sold as a street bike so yes. That said, I don't think there's one racing that meet SS rules.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

MACOP1104

So what's up with the hybrid Ducatis in LWSB?   848/749 chassis with 1100 motor?  Didn't Al Smith protest those bikes last year in LWSB?    I thought they were DQd?

LWT Racer

I didn't even think about it but you're right.  I think Melka was the only one
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer

apriliaman

I told the officials the rules in SBK and they say   
if they see it they will do something----well I told them so they should see it and they dont
then they say you need to fill out the paperwork and protest then they do something
SBK or Thunderbike you need a VIN##### for street use on the bike! so the X60R bike is not allowed
Not allowed to lower the class of the bike  so aircooled engine in a middleweight bike to make it lightweight is not allowed. Also no 565 GSXR in LWSBK or Thunderbike is not allowed also.GTL, LWGP,LW F40,Supertwins is OK to race.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

roadracer162

Melka rode in GT lights on a air-cooled/748 hybrid. It is legal for the class. In a production it would not be legal
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

LWT Racer

So what was he on in Lightweight SBK?
Sam Wiest #60
TWF Racing | LWT Racer