News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What's everyone doing this year racing?

Started by Super Dave, April 30, 2006, 02:15:21 PM

Super Dave

Many of the usual players were at Road America...

But where is everyone going from here?
Super Dave

L8brake731

And some unusual players too! ::) Saw your trailer when I was there, cruised by a couple times but didn't get the chance to meet. Going to try to make somemore ASRA races! They were a BLAST! Just need more motor. Back to the drawing board.
In the SW we are never on L----O----N-----G tracks. Did some gearing changes, but watched the leaders check out on the long straights :o
Again, had a GREAT time! ;D
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

Super Dave

HP?  Ride my old R6. 

Not an easy track for everyone to learn.  So, don't feel bad.

Which ASRA races you doin?  Topeka given that it's closer?
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

Gonna be there picking up downed bikes again for the 5th year. ;D Doesnt look like racing is in my plans now until at least 09. :( Unless I win powerball, then I'm probably going back to 4 wheeled road racing.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Scotty Ryan

Good Question - But you and I have kinda gone over this a bit....I plan on some local Midwest - some Yamaha contingency stuff - the close ASRA stuff - the AMA's that are within reasonable driving distance and of course helping out with the schools.... At this point I'm not going for any sort of points - but rather trying to gain more experience and hopefully help offset the cost of everything by winning some money along the way... But then again I have been thinking alot  and i'm not sure - But I am really getting involved with knitting latley...It just takes my mind off of everything and lets me relax - So I just have to see where things go from here..... Tough decisions...... ??? ??? ???
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

dylanfan53

Knitting...cool Scotty...as long as you knit fast.

I'll be trying to get comfortable on a Buell.  I picked up a nearly new salvage title bike for a song so I'll be slow again for a while until I get the feel for it.  I'm a touchy feely sorta guy...
Don Cook
CCS #53

Mark Bernard

Well... I am only doing the BHF's this year. The only exception to that will be Barber. I am taking vacation so I can go with out any problems.

Building a new race bike as we type this. I will be running an 04 XB12R. Its looking good and comming together well. I still have some parts on order, bodywork at painters, waiting on my wire harness to be made... crap like that. If I had 2 extra days, I could possibly make it to BHF with the new bike. But I dont want to rush the job. My safty is more important than rushing just to get it out on the track.

I am just looking to get some seat time on the new bike this year before I start running for points next year. It's probably a good Idea to go out for the first time this year on the tube frame. I am use to it and I still need to get my race legs back.

That's my plan, that's what I am doing.

Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

h2o_motorsports

Well our beautiful race track here in Hawaii closed in April so I am just sitting here stairing at my bike wishing I could be riding it.  I am coming back to the mainland after my discharge paperwork is done.  I will be in Milwaukee so I am going to try and run some of the BHF stuff at the end of the year and mabey the Autobahn race if I am home in time.  I am more preparing for next year.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: dylanfan53 on April 30, 2006, 05:44:38 PM
Knitting...cool Scotty...as long as you knit fast.

I'll be trying to get comfortable on a Buell.  I picked up a nearly new salvage title bike for a song so I'll be slow again for a while until I get the feel for it.  I'm a touchy feely sorta guy...

Slow?  Sure.  Right up until the moment I pass you.  Then you'll forget all about being slow, and arm the torpedos....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

Quote from: h2o_motorsports on April 30, 2006, 08:36:21 PM
Well our beautiful race track here in Hawaii closed in April so I am just sitting here stairing at my bike wishing I could be riding it.  I am coming back to the mainland after my discharge paperwork is done.  I will be in Milwaukee so I am going to try and run some of the BHF stuff at the end of the year and mabey the Autobahn race if I am home in time.  I am more preparing for next year.

Oh cool. We'll have to get you all set up with the social scene. Lulu's not only has excellent food, but a killer 2 wheel Tuesday. Fuel and Palamino are good racer/rider hang outs. There's a pretty good base of racers and race businesses in the area, so you won't lack for almost anything. And best of all...you can come visit us over at Spyder Leatherworks, hopefully mostly to shoot the shit.  ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Super_KC124

Racing the full schedule in the Missouri Vintage Motorcross Series.  I'm a beginner again. :) I'll be hitting a few CCS races this year on the SV. Unfortunatley 5 of the MX races conflict with Great Plains events.

Super Dave

Quote from: KC_124 on April 30, 2006, 11:50:38 PM
Racing the full schedule in the Missouri Vintage Motorcross Series.  I'm a beginner again. :) I'll be hitting a few CCS races this year on the SV. Unfortunatley 5 of the MX races conflict with Great Plains events.

I believe that the owner of the series is a former student of mine...

What are you riding in MX?
Super Dave

Snacktime

I'm planing on running most if not all the Graet Plains stuff.     -Snack

Super_KC124

Quote from: Super Dave on May 01, 2006, 08:15:26 AM
I believe that the owner of the series is a former student of mine...

What are you riding in MX?

This is the non-AHRMA series.  A guy named Curtis Harper runs it. He has alot looser rules than the big guys. I run a 1985 RM250 with a XR200 front wheel/ drum brake set up. Vintage bike? Yeh right.

Super Dave

Curtis was a student of mine at HPT on a Benelli...

Saw him at Springfield late last year.  Told me about his MX series.  He was picking up a bike too...nice old Yamaha.

Vintage?  LOL!  Yeah...

I raced an air cooled RM125 (drums front and rear, dual rear shocks and shorter travel suspension) in 1993.  No vintage classes then.  Jumps were painful.  Tell Mr Harper I said, "Hello!"
Super Dave

Steviebee

I would have liked to be there, but job demanded otherwise, plus bike wasnt done in time (but i didnt push it to get it done)

might be moving to another part of the country....     still want to race a few weekends tho..

G2G racing

Super Dave

Quote from: Steviebee on May 01, 2006, 11:11:23 PM

might be moving to another part of the country....     still want to race a few weekends tho..

Where, Steve?
Super Dave

BuellGirlie

rookie season.  thinking of mostly blackhawk - possibly autobahn - probably wont get too far from home.  racing CCS amateur on a buell XB9R.  might race this weekend if practice goes well friday.  if not this weekend, definitely june blackhawk!

D

MELK-MAN

Racing CCS FL region again in the expert 600 classes and the unlimited grand prix that is our $$ race. Doing some selected nationals like Daytona and Barber and doing the ASRA races on those dates. Maybe ill venture out a bit further someday but for now im enjoying racing as "local" as possible.. at 38 just keeping it "real", real fun too.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

goldwing70

Slow start for the season for me.  Will be riding in the GP area only on my SV superbike.  First weekend for me will be end of this month at MAM.  Hope to meet some of you folks in person at the races!

Spooner

I will be doing all the GP stuff on my R6 and SV Superbike. 
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

andy908hamblin

Well i was at RA, i plan for the entire florida season and ASRA races that dont conflict with the CCS dates. When my XBRR comes i will try to get to some of the AMA events. I hope to god i can find a sponsor to help me out. as for now........im out to get Boy this weekend.