New goal for the year! (maybe)

Started by sdiver68, February 20, 2003, 11:29:09 AM

Super Dave

QuoteThe premier motorcycle race organization in this country is a farce.

Yes, in addition to most attempts here to do the same.

If we use NASCAR as a model, you MUST have very clearly defined rules that can be changed through the years.  This has swayed the factories from fielding their own teams, like AMA Superbike, and makes them support a whole field of teams with drivers, crews, marketing professionals, etc.  AMA Superbike leaves privateers looking for a 2003 GSXR1000 to race the Daytona 200 with, but they are not available, while the factory teams will have them.  What's up with that?

Good racing is good for business.  The more you have running together the better.  And to watch good riders get waxed by good riders with substantially different equipment...it is a joke.
Super Dave

DanO966

QuoteDiver will take 39th, cause I will be doing lots of supension & tire pressure adjustments on DanO's bike, on behalf of my teammate sdiver ;D ;D ;D ;)
LMFAO...
I don't give a f**K...I just ride the damn thing..lol
Heck you should of seen my air filter the first time that I got teched...lol

On  a serious note, I really don't care what they change the rules to.  If they cut it to 25 or 30 riders that just means two things.
1. Just go faster!! (give it more gas)
2. Your friends don't have to wait so long to see your name on the grid on ESPN (or speed channel).  Cuz it's only going to scroll 25 guys instead of 60 guys.  IMHO
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

oh344ccs

Good luck, hey I'm with you guys, I would feel priveledged just to get to line up with the AMA guys.  However, I think the time should cut off much lower than it does, or it should be based on an average time during qual.  maybee av. fastest 5 laps.  I say this because I help at mid ohio as a spotter for the announcers, and alot of the guys that qualify for superstock, and SS, do so on what must have been somewhat of fluke laps. Maybee just got to tuck in with someone and pray?  Alot of the back markers weren't running times in the 112% during the race.  So you had guys effectively running 115% or even a little worse on av.  I think the leaders were into traffic in like 6 laps.  Kinda riddiculous.  I want to qualify for AMA races, but I want it to mean something, I've raced about 6 weekends ever, I was in the 112% at Mid Ohio. On a bike that had never even had the suspention adjusted, it was set when i bought it new and I didn't know any better.  I would have missed the 40th spot by .3 secs.  this was before 3 of the 6 race weekends too.

I hope you make the cut, I also hope the cut is much harder to attain ;D

the_weggie_man

AMA "Pro" racing is run by the factories. People need to realize that before they go pro racing.  

The politics are outrageous ... pay close attention to what happens in different situations and you will understand. Does Chick Chenuard (spelling?) sound familiar? What about holding up restarts on a red flag until the factory guy gets his bike repaired? They wouldn't hold up a start for a privateer. And how about back up bikes coming out of the trailer illegally but nothing is done about it?  I've watched all of it happen.  This is all in SS racing where the privateer is supposed to have a chance on his "equal"  ::) equipment.

Looking forward to another year of politics ... I mean racing.  Yeah, racing that's it.  ;D ;D ;D

sdiver68

First, IMHO, I have no problem with setting the bar at 2:20 or 108% or 105% or Top 40 or whatever.  However, I don't think it's fair to change the rules in the middle of the event.

Hell, I may run 2:30's in April and laugh at myself for even considering the idea.

All good points, and thanks for the input...it sounds like it applies to lots of other people thinking similar.

Part of it is RA is "our" home AMA track.  Just like WERA SE tends to put a lot of people on the grids and placing well at Road Atlanta since it's "home" track for them, I'd like to see more CCS MW, GP, GL people do the same at Road America.

MCRA Race School Instructor

chris_chops

What's up Steve,
     You better do good if your motor is worth $5000! :D. ;)  

Matt  

the_weggie_man

Just a note on track density ...... I remember starting in a WERA endurance race with over 80 bikes on the grid at Rd America.  One wave if I remember correctly. :o  

sdiver68

Hey Matt,

I was counting 2 missed days of work in that since the guy who built my motor is in Wisconsin ;D

chris_chops

QuoteHey Matt,

I was counting 2 missed days of work in that since the guy who built my motor is in Wisconsin ;D
Aha!  So it is built. Very good then. :)

ice

QuoteI was counting 2 missed days of work in that since the guy who built my motor is in Wisconsin  

Wisconsin.....motor....$5000.........hmmmmm

MJ?

On my way up to cheese land tomorrow to get my HP ;D

sdiver68

Ice-

If I told you my bike was bright yellow and Black would that solve the mystery? :D