Opinions on Power One C....I hated it!

Started by Speedballer347, June 14, 2010, 02:19:13 PM

Carnag3

I ran a C in the 2hr TC race at CMP earlier this year then I ran 2-3 sprints on the same tire lol.

C's are fine.   I could feel them slipping on my last race but thats normal.
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

Speedballer347

Quote from: benprobst on June 15, 2010, 09:36:48 AM
I ran a 6.3 on that piece of shit C with 50 laps on it. The C is a great tire, it lasts and lasts with amazingly consistent and predictable grip. The B also lasts longer than 2 races, for someone like you speedy it will last 4-5, but like I told you it will be starting to go off in that 4th race. The best thing about the new michelins is how long they stay fast, even after they drop to 85% traction and start sliding a bit they remain at that level until they are in the cords. Judging by what your bike did when I pushed on the seat Id say everything had to do with your poorly set up stock shock and what the 100 degree temperatures were doing to it.

Ben, I have an ohilins, dingdong  :biggrin:

I am sure the C worked for you, but I don't have your skillz, throttle control or susp knowledge.  It didn't work for me at all...was scaring the sh*t out of me.
I am sure my suspension setup is not the best, but what I don't understand is why the rear PR-D worked so well and the P1-C worked so bad on the same suspension???  :err: :wah: :err:  Thoughts?

I am doing my best w/ the suspension, but I don't know very much.  What direction do I need to go with it?  What felt wrong with it?
Will you help me at RA with it?  I need some help.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Speedballer347

Quote from: Carnag3 on June 15, 2010, 12:53:25 PM
I ran a C in the 2hr TC race at CMP earlier this year then I ran 2-3 sprints on the same tire lol.

C's are fine.   I could feel them slipping on my last race but thats normal.

Yeah, it seems like they are working well for everyone but me  :banghead:
With moderate throttle it was gently walking around.  With more aggressive throttle it was literally snapping me out of the seat at every single time I got on the gas hard, the same amount of throttle that had the D sticking.

It snapped so hard in practice once (before I was even going 100%) that I fell off the side of the bike while still leaned over and drug my boot/leg while the rear wagged until it caught again.  I was getting ready to bail away from the bike when it caught itself.  Brian Hall saw it and said it was an amazing save  :ahhh:  8)  :ahhh:

If it is working for everyone else, then it obviously is something wrong with my bike.  But again, why did the PR-D work so well on my bike?  I went from 8-flats to 9-flats on the D with great confidence.  And immediately went to 9-flats to high 10's with the C  while on the verge of crashing :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

MegRyan

It could very well be your suspension. Ran the C in the TC at BHF and had no problems with it. Talk to TSE at Road America, they may be able to help!!!
~Meg Ryan~

alexm

Scotty from TSE straightened/refreshed my forks and shock and then set up baseline settings track-side and long story short, it's the best suspension set up I've ever been on. Granted I'm a backmarker, I'm very very happy with the feedback and handling characteristics of the setup.

Super Dave

Speed, what kind of tire pressure are you running?
Super Dave

Speedballer347

Hi Dave.
22/30 cold on both the C and the D.
The concensous on both boards is the tire is excellent, so I am pretty sure now it is in my setup.
It is just baffling to me that the D (and Pirelli, and 003) worked so well w/ the same setup and the C was so horrible...
:wtf:

duckracer996

Speedy, Call me, and bring the bike up. We can get you a good base set up and you can go from there.

Speedballer347

gonecrazy

i dont know how you consider it the same set up, when you were wrecking on it.

Speedballer347

I am a complete and utter idiot!!!!!!!!!

The -C- ROCKS!!!! and I have rocks in my head, or must be smoking them.

Update on C rear.....http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,24904.0.html