GETTING STIFFED FOR PURSE MONEY

Started by XFACTOR, October 02, 2009, 11:48:57 PM

XFACTOR

How many of you have gotten this BS excuse of not having a Contigency paper handed in when "teched", so sorry we can't cut you a check. 
I do the same thing ever single race ( CCS sponsor and Contigency form)  and yet two races this year I'm getting screwed out of my deserved winnings. I've got the stickers on my bike, I go thru tech, AND ask if everything is done correctly, I see them check that is is, and my form gets handed in....   I then race...., one weekend I won two GP's (that's $200 each) the other a second and a third ($175 and $150).  The weeks go by and nothing. I email...I call and I'm told "no, we have no form from you" "you didn't hand one in".
  My question is this WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS  after I hand in my papers and push my bike away? Where do the papers go?   Does someone use it as a napkin? perhaps to wipe their mouth. Do they use it to blow their noses? Do they make paper airplanes and toss them around? Maybe they play table football with them. I would like to know!!!!  I do the same routine paperwork EVERY FREAKIN' RACE, but yet two races at 2 different tracks, I'm getting the shaft. 
  CCS has got a real problem here and needs to address it,  I even had my GF come with me to tech  for a witness and take a picture of me handing in my forms  as a joke after I got stiffed the first time.....and it happened again !!!
Come on CCS BUCK UP!!  and pay money thats rightfully earned!!!   

LongDogRacing

I agree.  A better system of "confirmation of receipt" of the contingency form at tech would be worthwhile.  Personally, I've never had a problem, but I can see where the possibility for it to be lost with no assurance for the racer to contest the fact that they DID turn it in.
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

Eric Kelcher

When a contingency claim form is turned in the form that tech insection has to verify bike meets safety inspection is checked off that a form is or is not turned in.

As of the last 4 years no form that was indicated as turned in has ever gone missing.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

LongDogRacing

Eric--  right, I don't doubt that the recordkeeping is solid on the part of CCS.  Nor do I doubt XFactor's insistance that he actually turned in the form.

However, there clearly is a disconnect, as he did not receive his payout.  I was just suggesting some sort of 'receipt' system, such that when CCS says 'we didn't get the form', the racer can say, 'oh, but you did!'.

Maybe it can be something as simple as the tech inspector initialing our 'pink' forms confirming receipt of the contingency form.  Thus, if there is an issue, we can provide the pink form as proof.

Just my two cents (which may not be worth much of anything).

--Justin
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

XFACTOR

excellent idea LongDog. 
We need a reciept for handing in our contingency forms, It can't be that difficult, a stamp, a seal, one of those notary public emboss tools.
Come on guys (CCS) come up with something, this shouldn't ever happen again.

F2RGK

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on October 03, 2009, 12:13:08 PM
When a contingency claim form is turned in the form that tech insection has to verify bike meets safety inspection is checked off that a form is or is not turned in.

As of the last 4 years no form that was indicated as turned in has ever gone missing.

Why does a person have to fill out a  Contingency form everytime anyway?  I complete a Sponsor sheet at the beginning of the year and it follows me everywhere I go....just look at your results when you finish, it shows them all.  So, my point is that why can't we do the same for that?  It saves a lot of paperwork, trees, money, trees, time to Tech, trees, etc. LOL! 
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

XFACTOR

spyderchick

CCS is supposed to tech for the contingency stuff per contract with each sponsoring vendor. For example, if you list Michelin on your form, you should have Michies mounted on your machine, along with the proper stickers. Otherwise, you haven't fulfilled the contingency requirements.

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Eye-p

I have never gotten a penny back from CCS, either from purse in the GP events, nor in canceled entries. Ever.
I am now at the point where I consider it sunk cost.

Of course, I dont enter the GP races any longer- largely for this reason- or for that matter the same amount of races in pre-entry as I know that if something changes, I will never see that money again...
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

Team Spalding

Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

XFACTOR

Rick Beggs

I have been racing a long time, and although they used to lose my pre-entry forms, (a long time ago, I have always recieved my contingency money.
the idea about a check box on the form to verify reciept is not too hard to do.
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli