News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS TECH!!!!!!

Started by bremboguy, August 19, 2010, 07:03:45 PM

backMARKr

Quote from: Jason748 on August 20, 2010, 07:13:43 PM
LOL... where did you read/copy that from.  Ever hear of exhaust scavenging, and dynamic geometry of header/exhaust system design, and how they relate not only to the exhaust design but matching / mating it to the head / combustion chamber design as well as the cam profile...  It's going to take more than a "re-map" for a open header system to match the hp & tq of a well designed full race system.

you are by far one my favorite people on the planet and get the "shit disturber sleeper award"... :biggrin: Rick you have competition....

.this one is almost as good as when you called Struyk's NSX slow? or was it boring? :lmao:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Jason748

What innocent little me...
:biggrin:
I believe it was boring...
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Sobottka

Quote from: bremboguy on August 20, 2010, 06:03:34 PMFor those that want to really skimp, especially on the newer bikes with the lower side mount exhaust you can get away with removing the exaust can and placing a beveled open slip on over the end of the pipe, and with the proper dyno and mapping can gain 2 to 8 hp.
well you could easily get 2-8 hp just with a proper dyno tune on a stock exhaust.  ::)  as already stated you would most likely lose hp by ditching the can.
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Jeff

Dude!  Loud pipes save lives!

Besides, it's the only thing that a Buell racer can hear coming.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

riderupred

Not trying to compete for the shit disturber award here..... but

Rules are rules and they should be followed.... this guy also raced at BFR with open headers in July..... as a spectator it was physically painful as he passed...if this hurt my ears as an adult what do you think this did to the little kids and baby ears that where there.

Rule # 1 he broke was the noise he was above the db rule for CCS, the track it's self and the municipality in which the track is located.... and BFR has some really shitty neighbors that like taking a jab at BFR as often as they can.
Rule # 2 he broke was the CCS rule about requiring an exhaust.

I am not a racer to the sour grapes do to getting waxed out there doesn't apply, the threat of tech making my life a living hell doesn't apply either.

Tech should have never let the guy race due to the lack of exhaust because it broke to rules ---- regardless of the advantage/disadvantage or safety concerns... this guy broke the local laws by being so loud and could have resulted in the track being fined....... would the tech guy like to pay that ticket? I don't think so.

If you don't have a race legal bike, why are you bothering to show up to race?... because you have a good relationship with tech and they will let it slide for you?  if you are not race ready stay home!

the rules are the rules and they are there for  a reason. What is the point of having the rules if you are not going to follow them or enforce them?  the guy effed up and so did tech.  Both should be penalized IMO. The racer should lose all points gained for running an illegal race bike and tech should be punished so how for signing off on the guy.

your excuse of factory stuff and waiting is BS... if you don't have a legal race bike, stay home.

saying there was no safety issues is also BS because that bike was literally painfully loud and for the little kids it could have caused ruptured ear drums and hearing damage..... there is a medical reason for the db rules..... it isn't there to make the bikes quiet so as not to piss of  the public.

the rules do need to be enforced, ALL OF THEM, not just the ones that you think are important.

I have seen that different people are treated differently due to their friendship with tech and that is wrong. all should be treated equal... not one guy gets to pass with things wrong while the other guys doesn't.

Mrs. Gntbldr!

riderupred

Quote from: Jeff on August 23, 2010, 11:21:16 AM
Dude!  Loud pipes save lives!

Besides, it's the only thing that a Buell racer can hear coming.

The instuctors of the MSF talked about that "loud pipes save lives" thing.... somebody actually did a study and found that loud pipes and the golden "eye contact" rule are a joke and mean absolutly nothing now days..... loud pipes is just a mans justification to the wife to buy a Harley :)
Mrs. Gntbldr!

Rick Beggs

An exhaust does not mean a muffler. A straight pipe is an exhaust. if there is a db rule, and he is over it, then that should fail him, but not the exhaust rule.
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

f3racer

paratrooper, i just noticed your sig says OIF 06-08.   where at? i was there from nov 06 to feb 08. 

dont think anyone would mind if i jacked this thread.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823